Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
May 23, 2017 4:17 pm
If Felor's eyes don't deceive him, that's Terra down there.
May 23, 2017 4:45 pm
"Is that- is that Terra? The outlander from the ship? Why..." Felor trails off as he sees the others pressing ahead towards the fiery battle. He quickly waves at Terra, then follows the rest of the party up the hill.
May 23, 2017 5:05 pm
"What would make somebody...leave...relative safety and...charge into this madness?" Domarc pants as they head up the hill, giving Felor a wink and a grin.
May 23, 2017 5:12 pm
OOC:
Can you give me a sense of what Terra can see from her angle of the creatures? Are there any visible weak spots she can take a shot at?

She's not dealt with any of these creatures before (I'm presuming the rest of the team has had SOME prior contact. She's cant Hunter's Mark - can you tell me on which creature, successfully?
May 24, 2017 4:31 pm
Terra can see a dark bluish-gray giant with white hair standing about three quarters of the way up the hill, and a roiling, undulating sheet of flame flying above it. Both creatures are out of longbow range (and can't be Hunter's Marked yet).

She sees Felor, up ahead and to her right, stop and wave at her.

Zangua is far out ahead of the others, closing to about 100 yards of the jinn. He watches as the flame creature twists itself into a spinning cone and flies like a dart down at the jinn, who cartwheels away, but not quickly enough. Smoke and molten stones fly from the impact as the flame creature expands itself into a wide sheet and rises up again; the jinn gets back up on her feet, steam rolling off her back. She crouches down and leaps up, thrusting her weapon at her fiery enemy with all her strength, but again, a split second too late.
May 24, 2017 5:28 pm
Zangua presses onward, rushing through the jungle towards the two elemental beings.
May 24, 2017 8:57 pm
Terra spotted Felor waving - she ignores him... until she feels a pang of social guilt for not responding (she blames all that time she's spent with them on the ship for the irrational response) and raises her hand in an awkward and stiff hail. She supposes they need to know it's her... yes, that will be it. She sees the movement up ahead where the jinn in, and makes her way closer. Terra cannot decipher who is on whose side just yet. But, as far as she is concerned, anyone burning a forest to the ground makes them the baddies.

How much closer does she need to get to be able to use Hunters Mark?
May 24, 2017 10:28 pm
OOC:
Hunter's Mark has a range of 90 feet. I think Zangua is ahead of you, and he's 100 yards away from the creatures.
May 25, 2017 5:00 pm
Terra and the others converge under a bent, lonely tree on the hillside about 150 yards below the jinn. Zangua is about fifty yards ahead, closer to the action. Smoke streams from charred earth and vegetation and pours out of cavernous openings on the rocky hilltop. The jinn waits in a ready stance, spear held loosely in her hand, as she watches the fire creature elongate into a twisting ribbon encircling the summit.
May 25, 2017 5:11 pm
"What are you doing here? Did something happen to the ship?" Mordred whispers to Terra.

Are there any smaller, Pafthinel-shaped figures out on the hilltop?
Last edited May 25, 2017 5:11 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(11) = 11

May 25, 2017 5:46 pm
"Whatever...we're going...to...do," gasps Domarc, bent over with his hands on his knees. "We should...do...it...fast. We...already...lost...one person...to that...jinn. Don't want...to see...Zangua...disappear again."

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

May 25, 2017 6:25 pm
Terra spoke quietly through thin lips, a little irritated at the gasping Domarc. Mouth breathers. "The ship is fine. The captain will wait. Vhezyen's owl found me." She left out the part where facing danger on land was more preferable to facing danger over a deep dark abyss of monsters and oblivion. "I've cut a clear path to this point but that thing will burn everything to the ground if it isn't stopped soon. Who pissed it off it?"

Presumptuous, isn't she?
May 25, 2017 8:37 pm
"An elementalist imprisoned the water jinn, and now the jinn wants revenge. The problem is, the elementalist is who we're here to find, and if she kills him... well, it would be a wasted journey."
May 25, 2017 9:09 pm
You can see no other figures on the hilltop.
May 26, 2017 9:36 am
Terra kept her mouth shut for a moment. The way she saw it, fire in a forest is always a bad, bad thing. "Sand puts out fire quickly." She looked at the party. "Sand makes water heavy." She gave each of the party an impatient look. "Can we get them to sand, or sand to them?"
May 26, 2017 2:43 pm
"I don't know how easy it will be to divert the jinn," Domarc says, straightening up and taking a deep breath. "She is very focused on getting to Pafthinel. Unless the message Zangua carries distracts her."
May 26, 2017 3:35 pm
"I think we have to go help. Now. We had her running scared earlier, and she only managed to get away because we tried to stop and reason with her once she killed Vhezyen and... did whatever she did to Zangua. Now that we've got the fire creature on our side, we might be able to put her down."

Mordred draws his rapier and runs up the hill, screaming, "This is for Vhezyen, you damp little shit!"

Hoping she will attack me so I can get a Hellish Rebuke off in Reaction.
May 26, 2017 3:40 pm
Terra tenses and follows a couple of feet behind Mordred.

On call to use Hunter's Mark and Ensnaring Strike - ... somehow.
May 26, 2017 3:46 pm
Felor takes a deep breath and follows the others up the hill.
May 26, 2017 3:47 pm
Zangua continues forward at speed, trying to close the distance as quickly as possible. The bracelet around his wrist flashes with reflected fire from the creature above.
load next

Thread locked