OOC Chat

Jan 21, 2017 10:25 am
Place for ooc chat
Jan 23, 2017 12:01 am
As a side topic of discussion from character creation, I just wanted to make sure I've taken into account anything that people might be uncomfortable with. I don't really foresee any of the more common red flags in the plot I'm considering, but things happen and I just want to make sure I am aware of such things.

As an example, torture scenes or gratuitous violence or sex, whatever it is. No judgment and I'll do my best to keep it in mind. If you would prefer to PM me about it that's fine too. Also, down the road if something comes up that we didn't discuss, but you find it triggering, just let me know via pm or whatever and we can tone it down.
Jan 23, 2017 12:05 am
No concerns here!
Jan 23, 2017 12:37 am
No worries from me!
Jan 23, 2017 12:41 am
I'm lucky to be able to keep my morals and my fiction on completely separate islands. Nothing to consider on my end!

(now where do I find this book?)
Jan 23, 2017 1:16 am
You can be my wingman anytime, MoMo! Purchased and downloading!
Jan 23, 2017 1:17 am
I'm sorry for my lack of participation thus far! Been a busy weekend so far, but I should be able to start reading the book tomorrow at work!
Jan 23, 2017 1:22 am
Nabbicus says:
You can be my wingman anytime, MoMo! Purchased and downloading!
Happy to help!
Jan 23, 2017 2:23 am
I get triggered by not killing whole battalions of enemies without taking damage
Jan 23, 2017 2:24 am
darthoingoboingo says:
I get triggered by not killing whole battalions of enemies without taking damage
Shouldn't be a problem since you're playing Exalted!
Jan 23, 2017 2:37 am
MoMo says:
darthoingoboingo says:
Shouldn't be a problem since you're playing Exalted!
I love this game
Jan 23, 2017 2:39 am
Naatkinson says:
I'm sorry for my lack of participation thus far! Been a busy weekend so far, but I should be able to start reading the book tomorrow at work!
Time well spent!

No worries about the busy weekend. I wanted to make sure we took our time in character creation anyways. It can be very daunting. Let us know how we can help.
Feb 1, 2017 3:51 pm
I'm just going to leave this here... All I have to say is STUNTS!!!
Feb 2, 2017 6:14 am
Wow, that show looks amazing O_o Chinese huh? Neat!

Say how would stunts work in a pbp anyway? I'm used to (Player states Action) (GM says "thats cool as hell, before you roll, take stunt bonus) (Player rolls)

But somehow I imagine that doesnt translate quite right on this format?
Feb 2, 2017 11:25 am
Well, we'll see, but I imagine it wouldn't be too different. You're going to be describing everything up to the result of the strike (or whatever the action is). I'll assign the stunt a dot rating and let you know what the is to going to be (Dex + Brawl or whatever) and then you roll whatever your dice pool is.
Feb 2, 2017 6:58 pm
or maybe to speed things up, we describe a stunt and roll, and the GM rolls the extra stunt dice for us?

and to continue the naming discussion in the other thread, I think it would be more hilarious to run into a two year old his parents named "thousand demon seducer"
Feb 2, 2017 7:08 pm
"It's a family name."
Feb 2, 2017 7:20 pm
what about a decorated war hero named "glorious turnip farmer"
Feb 2, 2017 7:26 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
or maybe to speed things up, we describe a stunt and roll, and the GM rolls the extra stunt dice for us
That's a good idea. It may become challenging when we start incorporating Charms that modify rolls, but we can figure it out together. Just see what works and go with that.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.