Edge of Fantasy

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Feb 27, 2017 12:37 am
emsquared says:
I'd love to participate in this!

Might I suggest this hack tho?

http://www.redshirtdown.com/kingdom/

I've heard good things and it seems to have a high production value, which is a good sign too IMO.
That's a gem, emsquared. Nice find. Downloaded it myself, for future reference.
Feb 27, 2017 2:42 am
Very good production but it's hard for me to express in a productive fashion how much I dislike what they did to/with the Force/Magic though, after reading it. I had never looked at it until now.
Feb 27, 2017 2:49 am
Yeah, I can see that. They made it pretty lackluster. And the wizard's seems more like weapon stats than spells.
Feb 27, 2017 2:53 am
Yea, it seems to me like the creator was very concerned with balance and complete dismantling of the Force was his answer...

And it resulted in a tremendous loss of the innovation in the system.
Last edited February 27, 2017 2:54 am
Feb 27, 2017 3:01 am
Yeah the spells seem a bit bare-bones. I can see why they would have done that though, makes it much more manageable. In a game run using the conversion one could always modify themselves to mirror the force from the original system better.
Feb 27, 2017 4:40 am
I think an easy way out for them would have been to figure out how to convert the Force into Arcana (complete with the Force die, which does disappear in the conversion). But I basically agree that magical abilities (e.g. spells) are basically various attacks rather than a richer tapestry of utility magic and whanot.

I'll likely drive a magic user in the system, just to see how it feels and runs, and to see what we can do with it. And perhaps see what we can do to homebrew the conversion a bit into something a bit more interesting.
Apr 7, 2017 10:29 pm
Looking for 1-2 more players to this game. The game can be found here.

And the rules are over here.
Apr 8, 2017 2:26 pm
Might be worth reiterating that this game uses the Fan-tastic Fan-tasy Flight Games Star Wars rpg system.
Last edited April 8, 2017 2:27 pm
Apr 24, 2017 1:31 pm
Applied last night, hope I make it in.
Apr 24, 2017 6:18 pm
You're in :)

We are back up to capacity. But will post here if there's more openings.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.