OOC Megathread

load previous
Jun 10, 2015 12:32 pm
Well crap. Ok, nevermind.
Jun 10, 2015 1:16 pm
What were you hoping to do? Just fight defensively I suppose?
Jun 10, 2015 4:06 pm
Yeah that's it. No biggie though.
Jun 10, 2015 4:11 pm
Should we keep track of our HP on the character sheet, or are you doing that elsewhere? Those bats bite hard :)
Jun 10, 2015 4:44 pm
I'm keeping track of your current HP (I have a lovely app on my iPad that I'm using to run this game). That said, if you want to be aware of your current status you might want to track it too ;)
Jun 10, 2015 5:47 pm
I just wanted to say, the way I'm reporting combat results makes me feel like the server running a MUD must feel. It's kind of fun.

I'll give Reina another 24 hours before I take her turn on her behalf to keep things moving.
Jun 10, 2015 6:56 pm
Whoooo! First attack and I hit!
Jun 12, 2015 12:01 am
Don't die Rurik! Once the cleric gets to you... Oh wait...
Jun 12, 2015 12:39 am
And, in case you are wondering, I will permit Rurik to use Hellish Rebuke before falling unconscious (that's why I've let you post your turn, in case you wanted to react to the damage with Hellish Rebuke - and so you can roll your own Death Save and feel that agony ;)).
Jun 12, 2015 1:15 am
Man I need to check every forum before I post :( oh well I know for next time
Jun 12, 2015 1:19 am
I'll still let you do it, even though you posted. I'm not going to punish you for getting excited and posting quickly!
Jun 12, 2015 3:06 am
One must enjoy the tension of the first battle involving death saves!
Jun 12, 2015 3:25 am
FYI. I'll be out of town from tomorrow afternoon until sometime Sunday and most likely will not be able to post. Zaris will continue to fight the bats around Corban, using his sword or ray of frost. If he drops to ½ hp he will defend and move away as best he can.
Jun 12, 2015 3:39 am
I'll be camping this weekend, so I'll be out as well until Sunday at some point. Corban will carry on swinging at whatever's left alive, and if he takes a decent sized hit, say >4 dam he'll pop his second wind.

I love low level lethality. As much as high-level epicness if fun, I really like the tension of being a couple lucky swings away from certain doom.

Enjoying this game so far, seems to me a great example of how to run D&D in a PbP environment.
Jun 12, 2015 4:18 am
Quick update before I head to bed, Corban killed giant bat 2 and bat 1 and swarm 1 are blind.

Story update when I wake up, but this way the remaining characters can act knowingly
Jun 12, 2015 11:54 am
Have great trips!

And I appreciate the compliment on the game's running.

I've consistently found the most enjoyable portion of a d20 rpg has been sub level 10. Adventures that take you from 1-8 or 9. I think a big part of that is the tension of low level not being very far from memory when you finally finish the epic finale of the adventure.
Jun 12, 2015 4:05 pm
Look at those timely successes!

A reminder to everyone as well, you can make a Medicine Check to try and stabilize unconscious players. It's an Action, and success stops them from making death saves. Also, if you have a Herbalism kit, you can spend an Action and use a charge to stabilize a character without making a check (this kind of information will be important, the adventure you are going to soon be embarking on isn't known for being gentle).
Jun 12, 2015 4:29 pm
So a Medicine skill check can be tried without proficiency, tools/kits, or whatever? It's kinda like first-aid? "Put pressure here" LOL
Jun 12, 2015 5:27 pm
Put the poultice on the wounds or it gets the bats again?
Jun 12, 2015 5:27 pm
Yes. If the game normally prohibits checks based on proficiency, I don't. I like to think of you guys as above the average cut (and as such a bit luckier than most. I mean, that's what really makes a good adventurer, a fair bit of luck ;) )
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.