Chapter 6: Mantol-Derith

load previous
Sep 25, 2017 5:18 pm
Krimgol reaches out and grabs Yantha's arm, "I don't think so," he growls and tugs her behind him, "Even if this ain't the real one, I ain't givin' her up until I've got me gem back!"
Sep 25, 2017 5:42 pm
"Krimgol," Hunter says, narrowing her eyes, "you've obviously not gotten anywhere with force. Perhaps you ought to let us try a gentler touch?"
Sep 25, 2017 6:22 pm
Mai'ngor steps forward menacingly to lend further weight to Hunter's words (the irony is not lost on him).
Sep 26, 2017 12:22 pm
Krimgol's eyes narrow at the not-so-subtle threat from Mai'ngor, "Nah, I don't think so. Ye'd best get out of here now, before ye get in over yer heads!"
Sep 26, 2017 4:15 pm
"I applaud your cleverness in dangling the easy joke in front of us," Hunter says with a nod, remembering how the grey dwarves are able to enlarge themselves. She sighs, and considers.

"You are a businessman, yes? I'm seeking to do business here as well, but your little tiff is costing me time and money what with all of your friends smashing up the place. You want your gem back, and helping you is going to help myself. Do you accept my help, or not?"
Sep 26, 2017 5:59 pm
Krimgol stops growling so much, "Business, eh? How 'bout this... I keep 'er here with us, unharmed. If ye can find me gem and prove it ain't her who stole it, then ye can take 'er back with ye?"
Sep 26, 2017 6:21 pm
Hunter adds, "Unharmed, and unspoiled."

The sorcerer steps forward. "I am inclined to agree to this, but we will need to speak with your prisoner, alone. It's only natural that someone would be more cooperative if they weren't under constant duress."

She holds up a hand to stop any interruptions. "And just so you can be assured that we mean no trickery... I will take her place during the conference. My associates will gather all the information we need from the gnome, and once that is done we will switch places. Agreed?"
Sep 26, 2017 8:06 pm
Krimgol considers for a moment and then nods, "Get 'em a room, then," he says to the guards, who quickly move to obey. About five minutes later, you are led to a room not far from where you left Krimgol. It is a plain room with a sturdy table in the center and a few chairs.

Yantha looks at you all, sans Hunter, expectantly.
Sep 27, 2017 8:34 am
"Back to being prisoners in the Underdark. Well done, everyone!" grumbles Mai'ngor. "I hope Hunter knows what she's doing."
Last edited September 27, 2017 11:25 am
Sep 27, 2017 9:09 am
Poe smiles reassuringly at Yantha, "We're here to help. Gabble sent us. Can you tell us what happened, from the beginning?"
Sep 27, 2017 10:00 am
Meriele frowns in displeasure at Mai'ngor's comment, and she casts her gaze downward momentarily. It isn't until Poe begins speaking that her attention returns to the others in the room. She takes a seat at the table and listens intently to Yantha's reply.
Sep 27, 2017 3:34 pm
Yantha thinks for a moment, "Ah yes, I remember it clearly. Krimgol had me take his gem to get more information about it. I was on my way back home to check it out when I saw a couple of drow approaching me. Next thing I know, I'm in my own bed and missing the gem! Of course, Krimgol doesn't believe me!"

Naatkinson sent a note to marithyme
Sep 27, 2017 4:12 pm
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson
Sep 28, 2017 7:08 am
Meriele speaks up, her interest piqued, "What did you notice about the drow you saw? Distinguishing features, type of clothing, symbols on their gear, and that sort of thing." Her gaze remains upon the table surface where she scratches at the wood, deep in thought. "Additionally, be more specific about where you were on your way home, if you can. We would need to examine this area."
OOC:
Edit: Oh boy. :(
Last edited September 28, 2017 7:08 am

Rolls

Doing my best to detect a lie! - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Sep 28, 2017 1:53 pm
Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
Yantha shakes her head, "Not too sure, really. I saw her out of the corner of my eye and then I don't remember any more."

Meriele is pretty sure that Yantha is telling the truth.
Sep 28, 2017 11:53 pm
Poe sighs dramatically. "The trouble is, we cannot help you if you don't tell us the truth...and the full truth."
Sep 29, 2017 1:46 am
Meriele gives Melpomene a sideways glance, deferring to her judgment for now.

MoMo sent a note to Naatkinson
Sep 29, 2017 2:11 am
Yantha's expression darkens, "You think that I'm lying? Why in the nine hells would I lie about this?"
Sep 29, 2017 9:14 am
Poe looks sad, "I do not know, but I am sure that you have good reasons. Perhaps because we are strangers, perhaps because there is far more going on here than a missing gem."
Sep 29, 2017 1:19 pm
[ +- ] Telepathy to Sinag

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

load next

Thread locked