Chapter 6: Mantol-Derith

load previous
Aug 8, 2017 1:42 pm
"Smart," the guide replies, eyes sweeping the darkness for danger, "Loyal, too. He's one of the best, he is. You can always count on him to get the job done."

Naatkinson sent a note to MoMo
Aug 8, 2017 2:31 pm
Shielding his eyes as his vision makes the adjustment from the darkness, Elfog looks over at Mai'ngor.

"Little warning next time" he says "going to blind half the crew with that thing."

He mumbles to himself for a few seconds before adding, "Better than the dark, I 'spose."
Aug 8, 2017 2:41 pm
Sigh. "I prefer the dark."
Aug 8, 2017 4:49 pm
"And how far is it to Mantol-Derith?" continues Hunter, slowly acclimating herself to the riding lizard's gait. Already she can feel a dull ache in her haunches.
Aug 8, 2017 7:17 pm
MoMo sent a note to Naatkinson
Aug 9, 2017 2:00 am
"Hmm... probably a good 200 miles, I'd say," the Zhentarim man replies, "A long trip, to be sure, but great business to be done there."

Aug 9, 2017 2:23 am
Hunter inwardly laments at the distance. "I'm sure," she agrees, absently.
Aug 9, 2017 3:06 am
Aug 9, 2017 5:06 pm
The ride is suspiciously quiet and you begin to notice that it's been quite some time since Sarith has made an appearance.
Aug 9, 2017 5:36 pm
Hunter looks in the last direction Sarith was known to have gone, and touches the copper wire wrapped around her ear.
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson
Aug 9, 2017 7:08 pm
Aug 11, 2017 7:12 pm
Hunter doesn't get a response from her spell, but realizes why when she sees him approaching from another direction. Surprisingly, he has his blade drawn and is walking behind a female drow.
Aug 11, 2017 7:23 pm
The female drow is clothed mostly in black and grey, specifically in leathers and hides. A black hood is pulled up over her head, helping to somewhat conceal a mess of scars on the right side of her face. A heavy bandage also covers her right eye, which is likely missing due to the same wounds. She has a serious of daggers sheathed on her person, and a simple longbow and quiver on her back. Her bow looks rather poor quality.

Meriele's hands are raised up slightly, her only showing eye carefully assessing the situation. "Greetings," she says, as though there is not a blade to her back.
Last edited August 11, 2017 7:28 pm
Aug 11, 2017 8:15 pm
"Where did this one come from?" Hunter asks, perhaps a little too casually. She looks from Meriele to Sarith, and back again.
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Aug 11, 2017 9:22 pm
Meriele speaks pointedly before Sarith, "'This one's' name is Meriele. I'm not an enemy, for what my word is worth to you. If you're the people I think you are, then I intend to be your ally." After a pause she points her thumb behind her, "I was just over there, hiding. I wanted to make sure that you were the once-prisoners of Velkynvelve before I approached." Her hands remained raised, though she shifts her weight from one foot to the other.

Last edited August 11, 2017 9:50 pm
Aug 11, 2017 9:41 pm
"And what do you know about our time in that place?" Elfog asks, uncertain of what to make of the newcomer.
Aug 11, 2017 10:17 pm
"So it is you, then?" She asks, looking at the dwarf, and hesitantly to some of the others.

"Well, I know of little that is specific to you," she shrugs, "But I have experienced Velkynvelve as well, so I can... sympathize." Her brow furrows and she speaks somewhat harsher, "More importantly, I heard you killed that waela darthiir Ilvara."
Last edited August 11, 2017 10:17 pm
Aug 11, 2017 10:31 pm
"I don't know what walla dathar is meaning, but can take a guess" Elfog responds. "But, aye, we killed 'er during our escape."

His shoulders slump forward and he lets out a long sigh. "Lost some good folk in that battle."
Aug 11, 2017 10:43 pm
Hunter's expression is non-committal. She states it aloud for the benefit of the others, "Oh yes, we've had wonderful experiences with people seeking us out, pulling things from our memories as if they know us."
Aug 11, 2017 11:08 pm
The drow nods to Elfog, but says nothing before Hunter speaks. Meriele does not look surprised by being met with this resistance, but she also does not speak to her own defense. She merely waits, hands remaining raised.
load next

Thread locked