The Buy In - Group Funds

Aug 7, 2017 5:35 pm
So this would be the ask:

So you know how sometimes when we adventure, we earmark funds for the group to buy things for the party? Well, that would be the point of the LLC and investing.

I've been thinking about what we would want the buy-in to be and what that buy in would entail.

I was originally going to suggest $1000/person but I know that can be a lot. $500-700/person may be more reasonable.

That would give us working capital (depending on who bought in) of anywhere from $1500-4000.

From those initial group funds I would suggest we buy a few things:

LLC ($250-400)
Logo Art ($100)
Website Domain (~$15/year)
Domain Protection Services (
Website Development ($100? May be yearly cost to update)
Art for Already Developed Areas (~$100 per piece)
Copyrighting - This can start to get expensive
depending on how much we are copyrighting and if it's our work or not.

Publishing - This can actually get expensive as we start to think about layout, editing, compiling, and printing. I'll talk about this in the next thread as I think that once we get our general stuff copyrighted and some art (that would also need to be copyrighted), then we would be ready to possibly launch a full scale Kickstarter.
Aug 8, 2017 2:19 am
I like the idea of taking a next step with our collaborative creation. I can contribute, but I also am interested in developing some of these skills for myself. I'm not in a rush to publish something, and I think this could be a cool vehicle for developing new skills.

Where my head is at, personally, is that I would really like to learn some basic web design, and be putting material out there. It would be nice to have a more finished product that could be shared with others. If we produced quality it's possible that a website would earn its keep in addition to being a fun hobby. If it was good it might earn a bit of an audience, which could be a future springboard into something like a kickstarter.
Aug 8, 2017 4:54 pm
I'm halfway cool with that. I don't think dabbling with web design would necessarily slow us at this point as we don't have anything to launch but I do know quite a few people who's business is to make webpages (IMSA grads, UIUC friends) and they are much better at the back end management of webpages then I would be able to learn in a year. It's like calling a plumber. So the reason I'm halfway is that I think we have time to mess around with stuff if we want but eventually, we'd want to think about security, setting up a store, and other things that are unknown unknowns. I'd rather play to our strengths and outsource jobs to professionals so that we come off as professional. That's just my opinion. We'd still eventually need to put up some startup funds or apply for a loan which would require actually making a formal business plan.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.