Game Thread

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jun 1, 2015 9:07 pm
Arret & Halals scene is simultaneous and will not progress until both have posted. There is no rush so dont fret it.

Taachi

Albus begins sizing you up with a makeshift rope he had on hand. The feeling of his hands on you are unnaturally uncomfortable but you wade through it for a few seconds before he finally jots down what he needed.

"Just come on back here in a day or two and Ill have it made up for you. A craft like mine takes time and patience"

He starts picking up some supplies and heads over to a nearby workbench thats littered with other work.

"And dont you dare comeback without those baubles or youll be paying extra. We shook on that remember."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Heiro

You rush past the woman, careful not to knock her over. About 20 feet infront of you there lies a worn out azure bauble. You swiftly climb down to pick it up, youre fingers slip a little bit on the grip of the bauble but you look down to coordinate your grab a little bit better and you come up with the bauble in your hand.

As you look up however the man in the red stripe is now staring you down. You freeze for a moment as his gaze sends a chill down your spine.

-GM INTRUSION: 1 XP Given to Herio + one other person upon completion-

In the midst of being caught in this mans gaze, another unseen person attempts to swing a club at you from behind.

Heiro, please give me a speed defense roll to attempt to evade the attack
Jun 1, 2015 9:13 pm
"Hmm... You didnt told me what special feats it will have, but it's ok.... You'll get shins upon completion. If it's worthy and good, you get baubles and shins." - said Taachi, and gone out. He made a sap of fresh air into his lungs and scanned surroundings for interesting things to notice.
Jun 1, 2015 9:30 pm
Halál more interested in browsing than anything, will simply continue to look around a bit while listening to the conversation between Arrest and the shopkeep.
Jun 1, 2015 9:39 pm
I nod at Gregor. "I'll be back later when business picks up. Maybe grab a fight or two before I head into the mines. Catch you in another life."

With nothing happening at the Dragon's Breath and with Gregor's dismissal, I turn to the streets again. I have some items I need to unload before I go. First I'll head to the armorer.
Jun 1, 2015 10:03 pm
Taachi

Stepping outside into the familiar blue and orange glow of Faladon you notice to the left of you the weaponsmith's shop. Some guards are carrying some wooden boxes out of it and are heading down the road. Theres also tons of pedestraisn near the humongous spire thats ahead of you. Some are there for pleasure and recreation while businessmen and politicians enter and exit the tall building with regularity.

From here you have 3 choices in terms of areas to go to if youre jsut looking around. PErhaps you may go to the northern district where a lot of residential areas are located. The notorious Dragons Breath pub is there along with some other key buildings as described per map.

You may also try the southern district. The arenas always open for people to spar in and since its the 4th day they are still 3 days away from the next prisoner bout. Theres also another pub near here along with a memorial service for the lost people in the depths.

You could also head towards the western district which is where you originally came from. You may decide to go back to the guard station there and await the journey into the depths or there is yet another pub in that district.

-------------------------------

Arret & Halal

Halal begins browsing the shop as he listens to Arret and Oliver do business. Checking the shelves you see numerous odd and wacky designs. They look genious in their intended use but there seems to always be something wrong for them. A chamber of gas that holds a violent yellow smokey gas leaks some of it out now and then where the gas immediately dissipates into an orange liquid that resembles water in its viscosity.

"mmm cyphers. Oliver does like a new toy to work with yes yes. Please show, let me see what toys you have brought and we could trade yes yes. Is there anything you had in mind?"

-----------------------------------

Dominador

It takes a little bit but you reach the armorer. Inside you see a man who seems to be working on a piece of armor as you come in. He notices you and says "Ah yes, one moment" he takes some hot candlewax and puts it on thr back of a piece of paper that seem to have design specifications on it and sticks it onto a wall near his table. He pats his hands on his apron to wipe off the excess before addresing you.

"Yes what can I get for you today? Possibly a piece of armor fit for a king?"
Jun 1, 2015 10:12 pm
Taachi became interested in those boxes which being held by guardians. But then... "Guardians. Meh.
Businessmen. Lets come closer and see what they about. Sometimes they are dumb and clumsy."
-Thought to himself Taachi, and walked towards rich personas in front of him.
"Need something sure. Trivial. Something that is like bread and butter. Seek well, man, seek well."

Rolls

Awareness - Looking for easy opporunity - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Jun 1, 2015 11:13 pm
Arret shows him the Still Field belt

"As far as I can determine, cyphers of this nature sort of...blend the wearer into the background, at least as far as anything that perceives through sonar or the like can tell"
Jun 2, 2015 1:40 am
"Unfortunately, no. I have no need for the armor I already have and was hoping to sell it to you for a few shin. It is made of beastskin. Also, if I can sell you this greataxe, I have no need for it either. I will sell the both of them for 6 shin. My price is fair. You will take it or I shall take them elsewhere."

Dominador stares unflinchingly at the armorer.
Jun 2, 2015 2:06 am
Taachi

You notice a preoccupied business man fumbling with something in his hands from the distance. The crowd could serve useful in masking your attempt to and from him but it is a decently far walk (20-30 seconds) from where you stand. There seems to be some sort of puch around his waist and what appears to be some case at his side. It might be a bit difficult but you realize this is about as good as a shot as you have.

-----------------------------

Dominador

He looks at the items and spits to the side

"Aye the price may be fair but I have no use for that axe. Take it to the smelter or something and maybe they can make some use out of it. Now that beastskin of yours I can take off of your hands for 3 shins. I could use it for some spare parts thats for sure"

Albus gazes into your eyes in a similar fashion. If there was one thing about this man that you could tell from, its that he drives a hard bargain.

"So we gotta deal? Ive got work to get back to for a paying customer"
Jun 2, 2015 2:19 am
"GUARDS!!! TO ME!!! THIEVES!!!" I bellow and attempt to duck under the ambusher's blow and continue on to ram the creepy man with the weird stare.

Rolls

Evade (add effort: speed) - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Jun 2, 2015 3:45 am
"No hurry, man. Lets get closer. We want something easy. Something out from hands. Something what is not being held, something i could substitute with illusion." - he thought to himself, and moved closer for better analysis. Just into the crowd.

Switching Flex skill to Stealing
Last edited June 2, 2015 3:48 am
Jun 2, 2015 9:43 am
"... Fair enough. Three it is."

I fork over the beast skin for the shins. I look about but disdain armor. The man's craft is for the weak anyway. If you are unable to avoid the blows in the first place you deserve to be hit. I remember my master teaching me that lesson countless times. I pocket the three shin and head back into the market. While the smelter is one idea, I'd rather the puny folk that need a weapon have one. I head next door and see if I can't pawn this bladed hunk of steel to the weaponsmith.
Jun 2, 2015 6:25 pm
Heiro

You attempt to dodge as you hear his footsteps behind you but it isnt quick enough. The club doesnt get a full contact on you but its enough to incapacitate you as you fall dazed to the ground. Everything is starting to become echoey and blurred. You feel yourself being picked up by the man with the red stripe. He looks at you and in your blurred vision his eyes still find a way to you. The old lady seems to be standing behind him as well. After a couple of seconds you feel yourself slammed up next to a wall while your hearing gradually begins to come back.

"The poor fool didn't know what hit him" says one voice you cant discern its location.

"We don't have time, guards are coming. Get what you need and lets go" hissed the lady. Her appearance rapidly changes to in your dazed stupor you conceive as a woman of marvelous beauty with long brown hair.

You feel your pockets and gear being searched through. Rations and other supplies being thrown about while they search for something.

"Ah ha! Here it is" smiles the man with the red stripe in a harsh raspy voice.

A couple of shins from your belongings fall out on the ground. The mysterious voice appears as a small pale man with sunken black eyes and arms disproportionate to his body. He begins to pick up the lost shins. His sick smile appears to you.

"Your usefulness has run its course" says the man with the red stripe. "Lets get rid of him for good so he doesnt turn up"

He pulls out a mace of his own and cocks up a swing when you hear the rushing of footsteps and loud shouting from guardsman. You are immediately dropped as the three run away to elude the guards. Passing out for a bit you wake up leaned up against a wall with some guards around you. An apothecary from nearby has a wrap around your head. His eyes meet yours and it shocks him slightly.

"OH my uh. You seem to be awake. Take it easy there sir you took a nasty blow. What were you doing with those folk anyway?"

Awarded 1 XP plus 1 given to another player of your choice.

The metal badge you were given is now lost for the time being.

4 Shins were also lost in the affair.

All damage that was taken has been worked on by the apothecary with the exception of the points used for effort.

-----------------------

Taachi

You try to get closer but with your attention being paid towards the man you cant help but to keep running into others. The man is still standing there with the case by its side. Perhaps you may attempt to steal it. Hes kind of looking around infront of him but the man isnt paying a lot of attention to his case.

You dont seem to notice any guards around for the time being. The man is about 20 feet away from you at this point as you begin to size him up.

-------------------------------

Dominador

You walk into the weaponsmiths shop and notice its actually relatively packed with people. There are several workers here that seem to be commanded by a small but wrinkly lady in the back.

"Reginald, Order 226 is over there by the windows. Go and take those to the arena. she bellows out to a worker. Another set of guards come in keen to pick up an order for swords that had been placed. She sees you while writing down something and puts down her parchment before addresing you.

"Yes you is there anything I can help you with. Make it quick I've got a lot of stuff to do today"
Jun 2, 2015 8:01 pm
Taachi getting close to the man, with his intense stare concentrating on the case. He moves his palms and creates duplicate illusion of the case using his will. The illusion is closer to the man abit than original.

Taachi casts Minor Illusion, no int cost due 1 Int Edge.

Then he swiftly seizes the real case and quickly, but without creating any unwanted attention, moves out, leaving illusion case standing in place of the real one for few seconds more till he leaves 3 meters distance from the man, He heads to south of the city, looking for some darkier corner between buildings.
Last edited June 2, 2015 8:26 pm

Rolls

Steal (Trained + Illusion Duplicate = -2 difficulty?) - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Jun 3, 2015 4:56 am
"It was a trap." I say ruefully, shaking the cobwebs from my head. "Figured it was. Dove into it anyway. They took a mining company badge. Sounded as if they were looking for it. I wonder why..?" My thought trails off as I look at the azure bauble still in my hand.

I look at the apothecary and grin. "Where can I found out more about this pretty little thing?"

I award Dominador my other XP for his exploration
Jun 3, 2015 2:46 pm
I hold out my greataxe. "I have no need for this. It is of regular craft but useless to me. Give me 3 shin for it and I will be on my way." There is much more going on here than everywhere I have been today. The people burst in and out, workers filling orders. The excitement is usually an excuse to hide things, at least such has been in my experience. This weaponsmith, I can tell that with an enterprise this big, she must hold some sway in this town. I look around and look at her while she considers my offer.

"You make weapons with zeal. Are you preparing for a war?"

Rolls

Basic Situational awareness - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Details of Fay - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Gather information (why are they making so many weapons?) - (1d20-3)

(10) - 3 = 7

Jun 3, 2015 6:11 pm
Arret & Halal

Oliver begins to examine the cypher. He flicks down multitude of spectacles to look at the device.

"Yes yes ive seen something similar to this before but where? Hmm. Possibly a tweak here and a tweak there and oh my! yes! Say what will it take to get this from you? Some shinies?

As you contemplate his offer he begins to marvel at the cypher some more.

For the record unless I explicitly mention it Newtons gizmos are not counted as cyphers nor do they count towards the cypher limit

-----------------------------------

Taachi

Acting casually and steering clear of guards as to not generate suspicion you start walking with the case towards the southern district of town. You see the ray of sun that shines into the Faladon arena and if it werent for all of the common chatter around you the sounds of swords clanging would be heard.

You notice a residential area thats a bit less crowded than the rest of town and make your way over there. Seeing an alley that has nobody in it you begin to walk down it making sure to look around you to check for anyone on your tail. Nothing really catches your eye and you continue down the alley. It gets a little dark but theres some worn out azure baubles that give a very dim bluish glow to the ground.

-----------------

Heiro

The apothecary squints at you confusingly.

"You mean an azure bauble? Look around, theyre everywhere"

He points and as you look up you notice hundreds if not thousands of these baubles on the buildings and in lights around the city. The city's blue glow is attributed by them. Those baubles are considerably more bright than the one in your hand and the apothecary mustve noticed that.

"That one right theres a dead one, they only last for so long before they dim out like that. They're all over the place, dead ones. Not worth much I reckon but im a medic not a geologist"

"If you wanted to know more about them Johanaves might be able to help or you can check the hall. They got a couple of writings on them I think"
he says as he finishes tending to your wounds.

One of the guards comes up to you, he seems to be the highest ranking of the present guards.

"You said they took the badge? You realize that gets you clearance into the depths right? I wonder why they want in there so bad given the disappearances. Can you tell me anything more about them?"

---------------------------

Dominador

with a flick of her finger a worker comes by and gives him the 3 shins. He takes the axe into the backroom and comes back out not any later than 10 seconds after the snap of her finger.

"Preparing for war? Absolutely not. Its just the nature of my job. With the arena calling for so many blades I have to work this quickly. Plus those damned guards don't know how to sharpen a blade if it meant saving their lives"

She does another snap of her fingers and another worker comes by to you with a couple weapons in hand.

"See anything you like? I make weapons with zeal yes but they are also the finest you'll come by in Faladon thats for sure. I've been supplying weapons for the last 20 years. Haven't seen your face now that I think about it. You from around here?"
Jun 3, 2015 6:16 pm
Taachi puts the case, click with his fingers, and makes the case change color, enforcing black color on him with some Seskii paw pattern.

Taachi casts Hedge Magic on the Case.

Then he tries to open it, hoping it is not closed.

Is it closed or opened, should i roll?

Btw where do Taachi lives, i mean where is residential area in the city for game's characters. Is it inn or something?
Jun 3, 2015 9:03 pm
Arret drums his fingers against his cheek

I suppose we may be able to agree to some sort of price

Rolling to get more shins for my cypher out of Oliver, with effort spent to lower the difficulty

Rolls

Bartering - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Jun 4, 2015 12:29 am
"Not especially. A long time ago I was from Milave but haven't seen that land in many, many years." I look at the proferred selection of weapons and wrinkle my nose behind my mask. I hope my disdain doesn't show but after many years, I know I am bad at this type of thing. "I'm sorry. These are . . . not my style. I have spent the better part of my life turning my body into one of these." He gestures towards one of the swords. "I am more a weapon than I am a man."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.