Chapter 1.1 - The Alamo Remembers

load previous
Sep 21, 2015 9:41 pm
Diego, just able to make out the beast's form in the shadows, raises his pistol and fires.

Rolls

Attack [Medium Weapon/Pierce] - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Sep 22, 2015 12:54 am
Speed defense please, Eli. Then I'll describe the action.
Sep 22, 2015 9:55 am
Eli sees the beast getting ready to strike and...

Rolls

Speed defense plus 1 level of Effort - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Sep 22, 2015 1:29 pm
Diego races down the stairs and fires off a shot but it plugs harmlessly into the table barricade. The creature raises its fist from below the table, clutching a cannon ball. It hurls the ball at Eli with unbelievable power but he deftly side steps. Meanwhile, the bullet wound from Eli's first shot had begun smoking, and the creature bellows. In an instant, the beast shrinks in size and behind the table you see instead a man with blacked out spectacles and a strangely cut black leather duster.

AJ arrives down the stairs, and raises his weapon. His bullet strikes true, blasting the man onto his back out of sight behind the tables. From his location, you hear the tell tale click of a weapon being cocked, then another.

Eli & Diego » Neo » AJ. Please add speed defense rolls to your action in case you get targeted by.... something.
Eli's damage: 5 + 2 [silver] - 2 [armor] = 5
AJ's damage: 8 + 2 [silver] - 2 [armor] + 2 [natural 18] = 10
Sep 22, 2015 4:33 pm
"If you don't immediately toss that gun over hear, you're as good as dead, sir!"

Assuming no gun is surrendered....

(OOC: here's to hoping I hit him first cuz that 1 is gonna hurt...)
(OOC2: I forgot to ask you about its weakness - if any - via my Find the Flaw ability...)
Last edited September 22, 2015 4:35 pm

Rolls

Handgun attack, with 1 level of Effort (7damage+2 silver) - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Speed defense (if necessary) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Sep 22, 2015 4:39 pm
Weakness to silver remains in human form.
Sep 22, 2015 9:28 pm
Diego steadies himself a bit and fires off another round.

Rolls

Attack [Medium Weapon] - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Speed Defense - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Sep 24, 2015 12:06 am
Eli and Diego each fire a shot but both go wide, though Eli's just barely. The leather duster wearing former beast stands up carrying two strange metal guns and suddenly the air is filled with dozens of bullets! Eli and Diego both catch hell in the flying lead [5 might damage each] while failing to dive out of the way. A frenzied howl of laughter echoes from the man as his guns click empty and small canisters drop out of the bottom.
AJ (also still need a speed defense for this hail if bullets, plus another for next round please) » Eli & Diego » Neo
Sep 24, 2015 12:12 am
"Ugh, son of a..." As Eli copes with his various wounds. He fires back and attempts to take cover.

(Ooc do we get the +1 bonus to hit for ganging up?)
(Ooc 2: that +1 doesn't matter for me anyway... looks like I'm in trouble)
Last edited September 24, 2015 12:13 am

Rolls

Attack roll (silver bullet in handgun +pierce)=7 damage - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Speed defense if needed - with cover(?) - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Sep 24, 2015 1:26 am
Rocking back as he feels a bullet tear into his shoulder Diego drops to one knee and grabs the Crystal Unicorn he found earlier and will activate it. (Speed Defense asset for the next hour).

Rolls

Activate Level 4 Cypher (if roll needed - with intellect effort) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Sep 24, 2015 9:09 am
Dodging out of the way, I take a careful shot before having to dodge the "man's" next attack.

Rolls

Speed Defense (specialized) - (1d20)

(15) = 15

(15) = 15

Attack (8 damage w/ free use of Pierce) + 1 level of Effort - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Sep 24, 2015 2:01 pm
AJ avoids the gunfire and returns fire, striking the man again, causing horrific damage. Eli's bullet booms past his head and sinks into the dirt wall behind him. Diego, possibly suffering from war madness, starts playing with a toy horse. Blood fountains behind the man as he fumbles a new canister into his guns. He snarls and pulls a ball off his chest and a piece of it springs off and goes flying.

"You want my guns? Catch," A hard metal object comes bouncing over the tables at you, and while it doesn't seem familiar in shape, he threw it like a grenade. It explodes amidst the three of you. Shrapnel and smoke fills the area, and your ears ring loudly. Diving to the ground, AJ avoids most of the damage but Eli is flung hard into a wall, a thousand points of pain tearing his skin [5 might damage, spills into speed damage when you run out of might, then into intellect damage].
Need a speed defense roll from Diego (with an asset) for the grenade. Then AJ, then Eli and Diego can all act.
Sep 24, 2015 5:11 pm
Bleeding from multiple wounds, Eli says to AJ, "Don't be worried about what happens next; Trust me, I'll be ready to help out real soon!" He slips on his ring finger-links -- and disappears!

(OOC: Vanishing cypher activated. Eli hops over (or goes around?) the interposing barrier and moves off to the side of the assailant - close enough to shoot him with no cover to aid him, but not too close where he could easily be heard)

Rolls

Stealth check - temporarily specialized + 1 reduced step for Tracker/Hunter ability-results in roll - (1d20+9)

(14) + 9 = 23

Speed defense if necessary - specialized via cypher - results in roll - (1d20+6)

(1) + 6 = 7

Sep 24, 2015 6:47 pm
Eli moves around the barricade and into the room. The man is fumbling with his guns, his back to the barricade. Blood pours from his wounds, and his left arm appears to be useless. He breathes raggedly, blood foaming from his lips.

But to your right, the source of the strange flickering light becomes apparent. You see a devils pentagram lying on the floor, maybe three feet in diameter, cast in bronze, with peculiar symbols engraved in the metal. Above the pentagram, a flickering, black field of nothingness hovers in the air, the edges crackling with static electricity. As your gaze is drawn momentarily to the black field, there seems to be an image, or a window to some other place, visible only like a painting under oil that's bordering on deep enough hide it.

Lastly, Eli registers in the corner of the room is a desk o drawers with a journal and what must be a pen on top. A number of chairs are pushed out of the way along the walls of the room, and a sack of clothes or such is on one chair. There are no other exits.
Sep 24, 2015 9:23 pm
Speed defense...

Rolls

Speed Defense (with asset) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Sep 24, 2015 9:38 pm
I take the opportunity to take another shot while the "man" is distracted.
[OOC: Oops. Guess that speed defense wasn't necessary.]
Last edited September 24, 2015 9:39 pm

Rolls

(4) = 4

Attack (8 damage w/ free use of Pierce) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Sep 24, 2015 9:40 pm
Diego activates the cypher, but before he focusses on the battle an explosion flips him end over end, his chin hitting the wall at the same time as his feet hit the roof. He then crashes to the floor.[5 might damage.]
Diego's action, then the machinegunner.
Sep 24, 2015 9:45 pm
AJ waits for a good shot at the man but when he does shot, his rifle shot only tears a piece of the table away, showering the man with splinters.
Sep 24, 2015 9:51 pm
Diego reaches for his pistol, only to find that its been thrown from his holster. Grabbing on of his knives he does his best to fling it at the beast while still on the ground.

OOC: Diego is impaired, so his effort costs one more.

Rolls

Attack Roll (with effort) - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Sep 24, 2015 10:05 pm
Diego's blade flies true. As the man dodges AJs shot, Diego anticipates correctly so when he pops up, a blade sinks into his cheek. He falls to the ground, gurgling blood and twitching.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.