Dice roller issues

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 28, 2015 1:38 pm
Hi Keleth!

I tried a posting to a D&D 5E game today where my character attacks 4x at advantage and autocrit so a total of 16 rolls for the post. I tried it several times but some of the rolls weren't saving, and the rolls that did take kept getting mixed up. Here are the posts in question.

http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/685/?p=13069#p13069
http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/685/?p=13072#p13072

I'm not sure what's happening. Thanks in advance for your help! :-)

Jabes
Jun 28, 2015 2:52 pm
Ok, so to make sure I understand correctly:

You added 16 rolls to a post. When you hit post, you noticed a few were ok (as we see), others were missing entirely, and some were mixed up, meaning that some data from roll #x and some data from roll #y somehow got merged into one roll?

Were all the rolls visible to everyone? What visibility setting did you give them? When entering them, did you hit the Add Roll button 16 times sequentially, or did you add a roll, enter its data, go back and add a roll, enter its data, etc.?
Jun 28, 2015 3:48 pm
Keleth says:
Ok, so to make sure I understand correctly:

You added 16 rolls to a post. When you hit post, you noticed a few were ok (as we see), others were missing entirely, and some were mixed up, meaning that some data from roll #x and some data from roll #y somehow got merged into one roll?
Hi! Yes, that's exactly what's happening. Visibility is default, didn't choose an option. The first time I tried the post I did the first 4 rolls one by one (clicked Add, then put in the data) and decided to hit Add 12 consecutive times before filling in the data. For the 2nd post attempt (deleted) and 3rd post attempt I hit Add 16x before putting in any data.

Hope that helps! Thanks!
Jun 28, 2015 3:51 pm
Here is some testing I did - spaces are a problem it seems:

http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/684/?p=13095#p13095
Jun 28, 2015 4:00 pm
I don't remember putting any spaces in between the die type, the + symbol and the modifier value. There might have been a space or two after the numbers as I was doing some cut-and-paste. Surely spaces and numbers aren't a problem in the Reason box?
Jun 28, 2015 5:29 pm
Well, the post finally worked. Either Keleth fixed something or it was harlandski's spaces theory or it was the input-data-before-clicking-Add-Roll-again technique, or the fact that I only put 12 rolls in instead of 16, or some combination of these. Deleted the wonky posts now. Thanks for your help! :-)
Jun 28, 2015 6:57 pm
Spaces shouldn't be an issue, but I'll take a look. And I didn't change anything, but I suspect I know why it went wrong and I'll try to fix that.
Jun 28, 2015 7:26 pm
Thanks again, Keleth! :-) I've said it before but I'll say it again: I've tried a few PbP sites but one of the reasons (and there are many reasons) I love GP best is your tireless work here. Kudos, man!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.