The Temple of Elemental Evil game thread

load previous
Sep 28, 2015 4:10 pm
Seeing everyone gathered around the chest Matthias will speak up, "Is something wrong? You have all been looking at this for a long time. Maybe you should just open it to see what's inside?"
Sep 28, 2015 4:15 pm
"Is the thing even locked?" Kaxaon tries to open the lid.
OOC: If it's locked he'll smash it open. (I'll edit this post then)
Last edited September 28, 2015 4:16 pm
Sep 29, 2015 2:41 am
Anrin says in his usual cheerful voice, now tinged a little with impatience, "Yes, have at the chest and let's be on our way. According to the wise druid of Hommlet, Jaroo, the bandits may be mere servants of a greater evil. 'Tis said this moathouse was once the outpost of an evil cult, whose dread temple plagued the area. Does that answer your earlier question, brave Kaaxon?"

"And as for your, err, Cub Buggy, wise Danj, I ahree that the battle is a cosmic one, though it often comes down to common bravery to fight the good fight."
Grumble Danj seems to Anrin like a rough diamond, and the gallant sees no reason to doubt Danj's sincerity.
Last edited September 29, 2015 2:49 am
Sep 29, 2015 7:08 pm
The chest opens freely on it's old hinges. It holds 33 cp, a scale mail tunic, a light crossbow, and a case of 24 crossbow quarrels.
Sep 29, 2015 7:23 pm
Matthias sighs when he sees what was in the chest, "That's what all the fuss was about? Let's get moving if everyone is feeling alright." With that he waits for everyone to gather up and heads over to the double doors with them.
Sep 30, 2015 3:07 am
Kaxaon straightens up and standing with arms crossed, looks expectantly at Spugnoir, awaiting instructions.
Sep 30, 2015 4:01 am
"If none other wishes to use this, I will wield the crossbow - it is ever thus, that the weapons of evil turn on them. I like the idea of using their own crossbow on these villains!"

Grumble is oblivious to the likelihood that this chest was left over from when legitimate soldiers bunked in the moathouse to combat the Nulb cultists...to him, everything is Good vs Evil.

Whether or not someone takes the crossbow, Grumble will murmur about "...alms for the poor..." and claim the coins. The very tough, high-AC armor doesn't interest him in the slightest. He'll join the others by the double doors, glancing momentarily at Spugnoir. "Trapped with magic...pfft..."
Sep 30, 2015 12:42 pm
Spugnoir has already left and is half-investigating the stairway down.

"Kaxaon? Might I ask you check beyond this door below the stairs?"

Matthias approaches the heavy double doors, which look recently repaired and very sturdy.
Sep 30, 2015 3:25 pm
Kaxaon joins Spugnoir down the stairway, and studies the door indicated.
Last edited October 1, 2015 7:07 am
Oct 2, 2015 3:56 am
Anrin draws his sword and puts his hand on the door handle. Looking back to his companions with a determined smile, he tries to open one of the double doors.
Oct 2, 2015 7:40 am
Grumble readies the crossbow behind Anrin, ready to combat evil, should any appear.
Oct 3, 2015 3:15 am
Darf hangs near the back end of the group ready, sword in hand, to aid his teamates in battle.
Oct 3, 2015 3:58 pm
Before Kaxaon opens the door below the stairs where Spugnoir has chosen to investigate, he says to his employer, "Those fellows upstairs, what do you think of them? And what do you know of these bandits they mentioned?"
Last edited October 3, 2015 3:58 pm
Oct 5, 2015 1:59 pm
"Eh? I didn't know there were bandits. I am only here for magical scrolls. And that lot? It seems they will find trouble wherever they go. I'm not sticking around longer than I have to. And if we find that warlock, at least there will be a distraction!"

The others try the door, which is heavily barred.

As Kaxaon's grip tightens on the door, scuffling and squeaking sounds are just audible on the other side.
Oct 6, 2015 3:14 am
Putting his sword away, Anrin looks around for something which could be used as a battering ram.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Oct 6, 2015 10:44 am
There are struts and planks of all sizes hanging from the ceiling. It would take time, care and maybe even tools to obtain one large enough
Oct 6, 2015 11:42 am
Matthias turns to Anrin, "I bet we could get Kaxaon to bust this door open for us," he will wait to see if Anrin wants to go to where Kaxaon and Spugnoir are.
Last edited October 6, 2015 11:48 am
Oct 6, 2015 11:45 am
Anrin looks up at the ceiling and points to a large beam. "If someone could get me up there, I could probably get that beam down, and we could take the fight to these cowardly bandits." In support of his words, he slips out of his backpack, and opens it to reveal the small saws, chisels and awls of a woodworker. "Not quite their proper purpose, but if I'm careful..."

Hearing Matthias' words he sighs, lovingly stows his tools and follows Matthias to Kaxaon, the living battering ram.
Last edited October 6, 2015 11:49 am
Oct 6, 2015 2:34 pm
Grumble shrugs and ambles down the stairs to join Spugnoir by the squeaking door. He looks at Spugnoir, nods up the stairs, and explains "The door was stuck."
Oct 7, 2015 9:42 am
(Spugnoir's stairs go downwards - probably to a cellar)
http://tbx.me/dcZeL.png
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.