I am out of Coins

load previous
Sep 8, 2015 3:32 am
Man, I really want to go into a massive deficit right now.
Sep 8, 2015 9:37 pm
I also am out of coins! I am not last! Let the record show!
Sep 8, 2015 9:56 pm
The record will so reflect the manic spending of the SuicidalLemming. But who shall be last? Jon or Jesse? Or even Tory if he should spend a coin before one of those two finish theirs.
Sep 9, 2015 3:13 pm
I have an idea for a refresh event. Am I allowed to propose it if I don't go out last?
Sep 9, 2015 4:29 pm
Coins can be spent on Rules or Social Contracts as well as the Facts and Components that we create. If you still have coins, you still have some say over the style of gameplay it evokes. You can change refreshment rates or events, you can change how much a coin is worth and produce rampant inflation, you can spend a coin to forsake rampant inflation for the forseeable future. If Jon doesn't like it and still has coins to buy it out then so sayth the coins. But if he doesn't care and keeps it the way it is or only tweaks a part of it, then the rule will stand.
Sep 11, 2015 4:48 pm
Alright, I'm out of coins now.

So, I have an idea for the next refresh event, but Harden will be the last one to go out so he'll have final say on what we actually do.

I was thinking of an adventure-building refresh. Like, each person builds a brief adventure to earn their refresh (something along the lines of One Page Dungeon).
Sep 15, 2015 11:12 pm
Rightright, finally out. Sorry that took so long. I did have my own idea for a refresh, but Jesse's is far superior so we're gonna go with that one. Make a One Page Adventure! It can be a dungeon crawl, or a village mystery, or a thrilling rainforest safari, or the like. So long as it's simple enough to fit on one page. Choose a location somewhere in the world, or come up with a new one if you so desire. Post your creation in the relevant thread, or a new thread if it's a new place. Completion nets 30 coins.
Sep 16, 2015 12:03 am
Now I want to know what your inferior idea was . . .
Sep 16, 2015 12:23 am
It was for everyone to choose a location (city, territory, region, kingdom, etc.) and draw it in as much detail as they could manage. That way we could have the start of a map and begin nailing down locations in relation to each other. Jesse's idea sounded a lot more fun, though.
Sep 16, 2015 3:03 pm
Oooh, I really like that idea as well, and think it's something we should do at some point. I've been messing around with Photoshop (GIMP actually -- opensource alternative) and some online tutorials to see if I can learn how to produce maps. With a bit more practice I'm hoping to be able to create some cool region/city/battle maps!
Sep 16, 2015 11:32 pm
Oh I really like the map idea too!
Sep 17, 2015 4:28 am
Soooooo . . . wes making maps or adventures (with maps)?
Sep 17, 2015 11:12 am
Adventures. You and I have both started already so I see no point in switching now =P We can do the map thing next time, depending on the whim of the last person out.
Nov 25, 2015 10:14 pm
There was a moment there where I was going to hold a single coin back just so I could be the one to claim the refreshment event . . . I just had too much backed up. I was going to spend coins on rules for refreshement events too so that we didn't get mired again. I enjoyed the challenge and I think we thought the pay off would be commesuarate but I think smaller or more collaborative refreshment events will keep us moving forwards without the need of increasing the refreshement rate again.

I am out of coins.
Nov 25, 2015 10:22 pm
Agreed. I was thinking about refreshment rules yesterday; something like:

[[moved to shiny new thread]]
Dec 21, 2015 12:59 am
I am out of Coins.
May 24, 2017 12:04 am
Don't worry, Past John. You will never be out of coins again.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.