Character Creation Thread

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 24, 2015 2:40 pm
This thread is for everyone to converse about their ideas for characters. I will also help with any questions anyone has. Have fun!

Create characters using the Sum-to-10 system in Run Faster. If you don't have Run Faster, it works just like the Priority system in the Core rulebook, except you can have multiple categories at the same priority. Priority A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, E=0, add up to 10. It's pretty simple.

The game will take place primarily in Tacoma (unless the group decides to go on a road trip or something) so everyone should live in or around that area. Feel free to be from anywhere, however.

Please build hooks into your character backstories. It may take a little bit for me to hook into them, but it will make the experience more engaging for everyone.

All metatypes and metavariants from the core rulebook and from Run Faster are permitted, but bear in mind that there are social (and sometimes mechanical) ramifications of being certain metavariants. No AI or infected characters are permitted at this time (mostly because I haven't read the rules yet).

Please limit starting equipment to the Core Rulebook and the standard limit of Availability 12.

We will be using the Lifestyle rules from Run Faster. If you don't have access to a copy of that book, just pick a standard lifestyle and I'll walk you through the rest.

I am willing to consider Small Unit Tactics and Martial Arts skills from Run and Gun, but talk to me first.
Feb 4, 2016 11:57 pm
That response was FAST. Thank you all for being so interested in playing my game. Fair warning that this is my first PbP game, so there are still some logistics that I'm not familiar with. But we're all here to have fun, so let's do that!
Feb 5, 2016 12:12 am
I am interested in playing a magic user who focuses on gathering information, reading and manipulating minds, creating hallucinations… ect. This character would be all about gathering information and then using that information to control the situation, specifically focusing on controlling other people’s thoughts.
Last edited February 5, 2016 8:15 am
Feb 5, 2016 12:31 am
I've been looking forward to trying this system, thanks for running the show! I'll be hitting the rulebook hard tomorrow and see if I can get a character going sometime this weekend.
Feb 5, 2016 2:31 am
I'm interested in playing a human Rigger, who started life as a mechanic and worked in a shop/garage, with side jobs building and repairing drones and rigs.

I realized that the quickstart PDFs I have don't actually have character generation rules in them, so I'm channeling my inner Decker and looking up the appropriate info online. Apologies if I get some of this wrong, but I'm building my Rigger as we speak.
Feb 5, 2016 2:38 am
I've got a character already made and ready to customize for this campaign. I highly recommend using a program to make your character, like HeroLab or Chummer. It's not a necessity but it makes tracking everything a lot easier.

My character is a combat-medic who used to work for the Seattle branch of DocWagon. His childhood friend mysterious left the company (while also stealing a bunch of tech), so he became a shadow runner to track her down in order to find out what happened.

The story is simple, so I can alter it to match whatever you guys come up with!

Here's a link to a PDF of my sheet.

Edit: Scrapped the character!

//Handle
Last edited February 5, 2016 11:39 pm
Feb 5, 2016 3:43 am
I looked at Chummer, but I don't think it runs on a Mac. And I cannot justify the cost for Hero Labs.
Feb 5, 2016 8:33 pm
Here is my Rigger, Andrea "Andy" Nerisei. Hopefully I crunched the numbers correctly!

Lifestyle: Middle to Low. Owns and lives in an automotive repair shop, which could serve as the team's base of operations.
Quote:
Andrea's childhood was bathed in oil and grease. The pneumatic drives of her parents' automotive shop were her lullabies, and her very first rattle was a socket wrench. She took apart her toys to see how they worked and eventually started to juryrig new toys that, in her mind, worked better.

Her parents sent her to school to learn her letters and numbers, and she received a scholarship to attend the University of Washington and pursue a degree in Mechanical Engineering. While her parents may have had high hopes for her, Andy's primary love was the machine itself rather than any theoretical application. Her knowledge did enable her to find side work modifying vehicles for street racers and enthusiasts, and while she never participated in any events, she became known in some underground circles as a person to get a little more horsepower than was legally allowed. Since much of what she worked on had Rigger Interfaces, she got herself implanted with a Control Rig, which allowed her a better grasp of the vehicles and their requirements and limitations.

After she graduated, Andrea returned to her parents' shop to help business. The nuyen was steady, though her father secretly did not approve of certain clients that she seemed to attract. He never questioned Andrea about her work orders, nor the transient stock that would mysteriously arrive and just as suddenly disappear, and decided to trust his daughter to not mire the family's business in shadier affairs. Andrea, for her part, did her best to do so, even after her parents both recently passed away.

One day while browsing the warehouse of her supplier, Andrea found two cast-off Roto-Drones. Fascinated by its technology, Andy dedicated much of her time to studying drones and their controls. She invested some of her savings into purchasing the drones and outfitting them as she saw fit, occasionally taking them outside whenever she had free time.
Feb 5, 2016 9:10 pm
Everything that I'm seeing so far looks great!

I'd love it if you guys could come up with a reason that you all know each other and would work together. I'm giving you all a free contact at Loyalty 1/Connection 2 named Vinyl. He's an Orc fixer whom you have all worked with at least once in the past.

Like I said, I intend to have the game take place mainly in Tacoma, so plan accordingly.

Also, if everyone could give me just a little bit of intel on your experience with Shadowrun, I'd really appreciate it.
Feb 5, 2016 9:14 pm
PaladinRevenant says:
Also, if everyone could give me just a little bit of intel on your experience with Shadowrun, I'd really appreciate it.
First timer here.
Feb 5, 2016 9:32 pm
I have played some of the new Shadowrun video games, I find the world and mythos extremely interesting. I have never played the tabletop game before. I got a pdf of the rule book and I am reading through it. My character is mostly finished, I will post character details and personality later tonight.
Last edited February 5, 2016 11:17 pm
Feb 5, 2016 11:45 pm
I've never played, but I know the basics on how to rolls work and stuff. It might be a little confusing for me at first, but actually playing will be the best way for me to learn.

I decided to scrap my combat-medic so I can make a character that fits the team better.

So we are going to be a new team, so what do you guys want your roles to be? Fennec's character seems like the team face/spellcaster, and Andrea looks like the rigger/driver. We'll still need someone specialized in killing things, as well as a decker,

//Handle
Feb 6, 2016 12:55 am
handle says:
I've never played, but I know the basics on how to rolls work and stuff. It might be a little confusing for me at first, but actually playing will be the best way for me to learn.

I decided to scrap my combat-medic so I can make a character that fits the team better.

So we are going to be a new team, so what do you guys want your roles to be? Fennec's character seems like the team face/spellcaster, and Andrea looks like the rigger/driver. We'll still need someone specialized in killing things, as well as a decker,

//Handle
darthoingoboingo Started the The original thread about starting a Shadowrun Campaign, and he was interested in playing a decker. I did not take any any healing spells so we still need a healer. We also are probably going to want a street samurai and someone to lead the team. My character is not really the face of the team, she is more the quiet antisocial puppet-master.
Feb 6, 2016 2:28 am
Played the tabletop version a long long time ago (don't know which edition; it was back in the late 80s), so I'm familiar with the world, just not the mechanics, especially with 5th edition. I've seen and played the Shadowrun games produced by Harebrained Schemes, which I thought captured the world perfectly.

As for connections, I figure my character's shop could be situated somewhere in Tacoma. Not sure how the demographics work in the Shadowrun years, but an ideal spot would be the suburbs near the former Univ of Puget Sound, where everyone would have a car. Perhaps located in the business district near Hilltop, which if things remain consistent should have a criminal element allowing Andrea access to hard-to-find parts and supplies.

Any other character could either be a frequent customer, or someone on the shadier side of things looking for vehicular modifications. My character could serve as a minor source for fenced goods, or a mover of fenced goods if the price were right.

Another option is the old college-buddy or acquaintance. Andrea would have had to take a number of courses and would also join one or two clubs. Connections don't even have to be specifically from UW; she could know someone who attended WSU, UPS, Pacific, or even TacComm.
Feb 6, 2016 2:31 am
I'm thinking of Human Street Samurai for my character, if that will work for the group, still need to work through the creation steps.
Feb 6, 2016 2:43 am
I got a little carried away and wrote a lot of info, sorry about that. Here is some information about my character Vision, an elf Magician. The back story gets pretty dark but I promise Vision is not super Emo, just a little distant.

Vision (real name Samantha Kerns) was born in Tacoma. Both her human parents spent most of their lives being mindless worker bees for a large corporation. Samantha had a human older brother named Alex and an elven older sister named Jennifer. Samantha’s father always resented his two daughters for goblinizing, he always loved His oldest son Alex more than his daughters. Samantha learned to read at a young age and always had her nose in a book, she never felt comfortable around large groups of people. When Samantha was 12 years old her brother Alex got caught in the crossfire of a gang war and was killed in the street by a stray bullet. Samantha’s parents took this especially hard, her Dad never stopped drinking after Alex’s death and became abusive, both to his wife and his two daughters.

(PS. I realize this is a dark subject not everybody is comfortable with and I don’t want to make abuse a common subject in this campaign, I don’t intend for it to be mentioned much if at all. When deciding on Vision’s personality I had the idea of her struggling with trust issues because of abuse as a child. That is why I added this to her back story, I don’t want to make anyone uncomfortable)

The next two years where really hard on Samantha, she became more antisocial and became ashamed to be an elf, but a few good things happened. She developed a love for music, as it was the only thing to help her block out the rest of the world, and she developed a really close relationship with her sister Jennifer. Jennifer was always strong and outgoing, she always tried to protect Samantha from their father and anyone else who tried to mess with them. All that time Samantha had her nose in a book started to pay off, she started to realize she had an affinity for magic. Samantha spent most of her time finding any thing she could about magic, it gave her a sense of strength she had never felt before.

One day Jennifer was gone along with all of her stuff, she had run away and left Samantha behind. Samantha has not heard from her sister since that day. After that things only got worse for Samantha. In order to protect herself she started using magic she had learned to manipulate her parent’s minds. But her magic was undisciplined and messy, it started to permanently affect her parent’s mental state. After two years of regular exposure to mind altering magic her parent’s mental health had corroded. Her father committed suicide and her mother ended up in a mental institution, her mother is still there to this day. Samantha was now a 16 year old orphan on the street.

Samantha took on the name Vision and started a life of crime. Vision was a loner, never getting too involved with any one gang, but she worked for gangs whenever it was convenient. Vision could not match most people in strength, so instead she learned to run. If her magic failed her she could always outrun her pursuers and hop a fence or jump from building to building. 8 years later Vision is now 24 and looking to join the big leagues.

Vision is 5’ 11" pale elf with a medium build. She keeps her head completely shaved and blue eyes. She normally wares cargo pants, a baggy sweatshirt with a large hood, a single strap backpack, and an armored vest hidden underneath her sweatshirt. Vision tends to be quiet, distant, and fairly agreeable. But she won’t think twice about using violence or forcing her will upon someone’s mind if she needs to. If I had to sum up her abilities I would probably describe her as a "parkour psychic." She is very athletic and is in her element when sneaking around and gathering information. In combat she is a support character, providing covering fire, throwing grenades, taking control of the enemy’s mind… ect

I am not much of a power gamer and I have never played Shadowrun before, so I can’t promise Vision will be super mechanically effective. But I am really excited about her strange collection of abilities and think it will be a lot of fun.
Feb 6, 2016 3:10 am
Minor note, Fennec: transforming into an Elf or Dwarf is not typically referred to as "goblinizing". Even back before people knew what was going on (early 2020s I think) kids being born as Elf or Dwarf was called "Unexplained Genetic Expression". Goblinization is typically used to refer to the process of transforming into an Orc or a Troll.

Also, while not unheard of, in the '50s (when Vision would have been born) children were rarely born a different metatype than their parents. Just a note.

That having been said, it is certainly possible for Samantha and her sister to have been Elves born to Human parents. And to someone who is prejudiced against non-human metatypes, referring to all transformations as "goblinization" isn't that big a stretch.
Feb 6, 2016 3:15 am
As far as character archetypes go, if it turns out that we can't get someone to play a decker, I can alter the game content to work around that. I recommend that everybody have at least SOME form of combat ability (trust me, in my last group fewer than half the PCs were worth anything at all in a firefight)

Also, we don't need to have a dedicated face, but it will probably be good to have somebody that can talk to people without the use of a gun. ;-)
Feb 6, 2016 3:18 am
So we have:

Rigger - Andrea
Spellcaster/Support - Vision
Street Sam - (Szemely)
Decker - (Darth)
Face - (Handle!! :D:D:D)

So, I'll make a social character. I'm thinkin maybe a shaman or smart person or something, I'll post whatever I come up with.

//Handle
Feb 6, 2016 3:23 am
Just approved DarthOingoBoingo to join the game, so yes the decker is covered
Feb 6, 2016 3:32 am
Yay! I can post here now! Yes, I will play the decker. I have a character concept in mind but I'm not sure if it will be offensive or not. The concept is a human decker with mild aspergers. He doesn't like people talking near him, has hangups about textures and is more comfortable using the matrix to communicate. Will this be acceptable? I see it as a challenge, I've never played a character like this before.

I have both run and played shadow run for about 14 years. Never played 5th before. I'm learning the rules that are different from what I'm used to.

Paladin, I already created a decker but I didn't use the rules you want us to use. Is there a big difference? Do you want me to link the character sheet so you can look at it?

I am currently on vacation so I won't be super responsive until next week, but I will do my best. I am very excited about playing with everyone!
Feb 6, 2016 6:32 am
PaladinRevenant says:
I recommend that everybody have at least SOME form of combat ability (trust me, in my last group fewer than half the PCs were worth anything at all in a firefight)
I have an Automatics Skill of 2 with a specialization in assault rifles and a pistol skill of 3. I also have the "control thoughts" and "mind mob" spells which should let me force the enemy to shoot at each other. Will I be able to do much with skills at 2 or 3? I am worried a spread my skills out to thin, I have a lot of level 3 skills, and a few at level 5.
Feb 6, 2016 8:44 am
Alright, I made a former chef turned shadow runner. Here's the PDF. I can transcribe to the GP character sheet if needed.

So do we want to have characters know each other beforehand, or are we gonna start when we first meet up? I think we should all be allies at the start, at the very least.

//Handle
Feb 6, 2016 10:50 am
Fennec says:
PaladinRevenant says:
I recommend that everybody have at least SOME form of combat ability (trust me, in my last group fewer than half the PCs were worth anything at all in a firefight)
I have an Automatics Skill of 2 with a specialization in assault rifles and a pistol skill of 3. I also have the "control thoughts" and "mind mob" spells which should let me force the enemy to shoot at each other. Will I be able to do much with skills at 2 or 3? I am worried a spread my skills out to thin, I have a lot of level 3 skills, and a few at level 5.
There is nothing wrong with a skill spread like that. If you find that you're not getting enough hits with your weapons, there's always augmentations or technological help such as a smartgun link!

I gave my character some skill with pistols and also have a smartgun. However, my decker can also hack enemy guns and cause them to eject their clips or not fire at all, so I can even the odds a bit.

Fennec, as a mage you have no worries about your usefulness in a fight. Mages typically only carry guns so they don't have to always have drain to worry about in a fight, but mob control is a great way to end a fight early.

Besides, if we plan properly and do good legwork, we should be able to avoid combat altogether. Who ever heard of a shadow run where the unexpected happens? (Oh lord, I just doomed us all)
Feb 7, 2016 1:32 am
Vision has become known in the underworld as the person to go to if you need someone tracked down or information extracted from people. Vision has been involved in street level crime for 8 years now so it is quite likely that the other characters have at least heard of her. If you have any ideas about your character having a personal or professional relationship with Vision just let me know.
Feb 7, 2016 2:04 am
Also I am a little worried about how much healing the team will have. Should I switch out one of my spells for a healing spell?
Feb 7, 2016 5:14 am
I've got some ranks in first aid and a kit, I'd just need to resupply before every run. I've also got a street doc contact in case we need more serious work done.

I shuffled my contacts and skills around, so now I've got more first aid and some knowledge skills to help out if things get crazy. I also bought a car, so we can all travel together like a cozy family. New-new PDF.

My character's been in the shadows for about 7 years, but he's only recently taken up a job as a runner. He's probably one of the few people that actually care about what his food tastes like, and has to contacts to get food that isn't made from soy.

So how do Vision and Rinse know each other? If Vision frequented the place Rinse worked as a bartender/cook they could've met. If vision's anti-social tendencies caused a fight, maybe Rinse was the one to break it up? Maybe Vision was impressed by his negotiating skills and invited him on a run.

//Handle
Feb 7, 2016 5:21 am
And my guy could be a college student so any contacts made there could work. Also could be known as a guy who can hack into any system so his skills would be used pretty frequently (logic 7 with cerebral booster, specialized in hacking on the fly). So if anyone has been running the shadows or would have regularly needed access to restricted information or illicit access to hosts, they'd know f4d30ut.

One good way to get us all together is one of us gets a job and they know a guy who has skills needed for the run, and they know someone else who has other skills also needed for the run....
Last edited February 7, 2016 5:22 am
Feb 7, 2016 7:01 am
Andrea also has a GMC Bulldog, so transportation-wise we're good to go (though the back may be taken up by two roto-drones).

Since Rinse has a car, perhaps he frequents Nerisei Motors for tune-ups and repairs?
Feb 7, 2016 11:00 am
CancerMan says:
Since Rinse has a car, perhaps he frequents Nerisei Motors for tune-ups and repairs?
Yeah, makes sense to me. Rinse likes to network and being friends with a mechanic is always a good idea.
Feb 7, 2016 7:34 pm
So, I think, I have most everything I need for my character created an entered. Still need to get some equipment and working on a more detailed backstory, etc. (Although I usually develop backstory detail as the game moves along, just easier on me that way).

Anyhow, Lo Puska, is a former 'employee' of Saeder-Krupp who was born and raised in Eastern Europe. Crossed a low-level executive during a run and as a result had to flee, ending up in the Tacoma area. (Like I said, still needs work).

The character sheet should be in the library, so if anyone wants to take a peek and tell me everything I did wrong, it would be greatly appreciated.
Feb 7, 2016 8:50 pm
@Szemely
Not entirely sure, but I think you should put more points into Body. As a street sam you are likely to get shot up a lot.

As for gear, here's a handy guide from reddit. For weapons you can get whatever tickles your fancy, just remember that the accuracy limits how much you can hit.

//Handle
Feb 7, 2016 9:19 pm
I Think Vision, f4d30ut, and Lo Puska have had a strong working relationship for a while. Vision would go to f4d30ut is she needed anything hacked and would go to Lo Puska is she needed some muscle. The 3 of them probably created the team in the first place.

Vision is definitely not the kind of person to go to a fancy restaurant or club, so she probably never met Rinse before he joined the team.

I am thinking that Vision has probably shown up to Andy’s shop once or twice looking for information about some of your clients that Vision was trying to hunt down. Vision would of just mind probed Andy if they were ever less than cooperative, so Andy is probably not the biggest fan of Vision.

Let me know what you think about these ideas.
Feb 7, 2016 9:31 pm
Body is way more important than strength unless you want to specialize in melee weapons.

I guess I'll post what I'm thinking of for a beginning background for my character...

-------------------------------------------------------
Max "f4d30ut" Jacobs

Max grew up near Tacoma in a near middle class family. Max was always interested in technology and 21st century media. Max could talk for hours about computers and star wars. Nothing else seemed to matter much to max, mostly because he was not very good at social interaction and much preferred playing around in the matrix. Maxwas diagnosed with a mild case of aspergers syndrome when he was young but was able to get along well with support from his parents and various school provided counselors.

Max's interest in the matrix eventually lead him to experiment in different ways to make systems do what he wanted and pirate his favorite jedi-related media. Max usually stuck to small time hacking which stayed under the radar until one day when his father lost his job. Max's family was dependent on income from both his parents so he took to the matrix and hacked some bank accounts from some gang bangers local to his neighborhood. Max's intention was to siphon off just enough nuyen to help his parents cover rent and groceries for the month. It would have been simple if max had been careful with his data trail. The gang's decker was able to trace the money to max's parents account. The gang's retribution was swift and merciless. Max's home was torched, his parents couldn't make it out of the building in time. Max himself was beaten so severely he ended up with partial deafness in one ear and missing an eye.

Since that day max devoted his time to being a better decker. He became more committed to making a living through illegal decking. With new eyes, new ears, implanted synaptic boosters and a sleep regulator he has become a decker of some small reputation.

Currently max attends some online courses at the local community college, mostly because he likes learning and he can focus on computer technology and software. He also attends weekly therapeutic groups designed to help people with aspergers to learn more about social interaction and function better. Max has made some friends through the group but mostly keeps to himself. He would stay with a group of shadow runners as long ad his skills are needed and he can keep proving that he's a better decker than anyone else out there.
---------------------------------------

What do you all think? Any ideas on ways I can be connected to anyone else? I could know the rigger through community college classes on drone software. If anyone else has a near obsessive fascination with star wars we could be part of the same fan club!
Feb 7, 2016 9:38 pm
Fennec says:
I Think Vision, f4d30ut, and Lo Puska have had a strong working relationship for a while. Vision would go to f4d30ut is she needed anything hacked and would go to Lo Puska is she needed some muscle. The 3 of them probably created the team in the first place.

Vision is definitely not the kind of person to go to a fancy restaurant or club, so she probably never met Rinse before he joined the team.

I am thinking that Vision has probably shown up to Andy’s shop once or twice looking for information about some of your clients that Vision was trying to hunt down. Vision would of just mind probed Andy if they were ever less than cooperative, so Andy is probably not the biggest fan of Vision.

Let me know what you think about these ideas.
I like this idea. Since decking nowadays requires more physical closeness to the target, we can say that until a serious team is assembled and f4d30ut is needed for more than de encryption and small time hacking nobody has ever seen him in person before. Just some added flavor.
Feb 7, 2016 9:52 pm
Fennec says:
Pssh, Rinse only works at runner bars and lower-end restaurants. He's a runner now, so he can't really work at a legitimate place anymore.

I'm fine with first meeting Vision, f4d30ut, and Puska on a job. We all know Vinyl, so he's probably the one that set us all up with the job. Maybe some kind of smash-and-grab job that made use of everyone's skills, and since the job went so well we decided to make a team.

//Handle
Feb 7, 2016 10:10 pm
handle says:
Fennec says:
Pssh, Rinse only works at runner bars and lower-end restaurants. He's a runner now, so he can't really work at a legitimate place anymore.

I'm fine with first meeting Vision, f4d30ut, and Puska on a job. We all know Vinyl, so he's probably the one that set us all up with the job. Maybe some kind of smash-and-grab job that made use of everyone's skills, and since the job went so well we decided to make a team.

//Handle
For people not that familiar with shadow run, most groups stick together because they all meld well, have a good spread of skills, and trust each other.

As long as we can develop that in character, we're golden. Unless we start the game after we already had our first job together. I'm cool either way. It makes a lot of sense that we called rinse in because none of us have any idea of how to negotiate with Johnsons
Feb 8, 2016 12:24 am
I would be uncomfortable working with someone that I couldn't trust, so resorting to mind probes on future teammates isn't something I'd recommend.

Instead I'd suggest that Andrea would offer Vision and any of the other runners a place to stay if they needed it. Perhaps her contact with Vinyl established Andy's shop as a minor safehouse which sets up the hook for some familiarity with the mechanic, even if she wasn't part of your first job.
Feb 8, 2016 1:57 am
CancerMan says:
I would be uncomfortable working with someone that I couldn't trust, so resorting to mind probes on future teammates isn't something I'd recommend.
That's what I'm sayin. It's alright to be anti-social, but you gotta at least have a professional relationship with your team.

//Handle
Feb 8, 2016 2:12 am
Exactly. F4d30ut has a medium lifestyle and is very happy keeping to himself until a job presents itself. I also got a couple months of a low lifestyle for a safe house. Can't be too careful
Feb 8, 2016 7:41 am
CancerMan says:
Ok, i was just throwing out an idea. But you guys are probably right, out teem needs to trust each other. I would say Vision did not know Andy before they started this team.
Feb 8, 2016 8:27 pm
Sorry that I've been unresponsive. I never noticed that the thread had moved on to additional pages, so I thought no-one else was talking. I don't have time right now to read through everything, but I'll try to do it this evening.
Feb 9, 2016 2:52 am
Let me know if my character looks right. I don't know how different the rules you wanted us to use are from the normal ones. I'm willing to make changes this week after I get home
Feb 9, 2016 7:17 am
Looking at Rinse's PDF, I get the feeling I did my Fake Licenses wrong. I'll have to revisit my budget, and may end up re-prioritizing things.
Feb 9, 2016 7:36 am
CancerMan says:
Looking at Rinse's PDF, I get the feeling I did my Fake Licenses wrong. I'll have to revisit my budget, and may end up re-prioritizing things.
It probably depends on the GM, but I gave myself a license for anything I thought wasn't legal. A the bartending and chef's probably aren't necessary, but I know that you're gonna need one for each type of weapon you have. Except for tasers, I think.

It would suck to get stopped at a security checkpoint and busted for not having a license before we even get to the job!

//Handle
Feb 9, 2016 3:46 pm
I believe with 5e you need a license for anything restricted. If it is forbidden you can't start with it.
Feb 9, 2016 3:49 pm
A few notes:

Creation System:
If you used the creation system from the core book, you're fine. Though you do have the option to reprioritize things if you like. The Sum-To-10 system is pretty simple.
Priotity A = 4 points
Priority B = 3 points
Priority C = 2 points
Priority D = 1 point
Priority E = 0 points
If you used the creation system from the book, then you would have one of each priority: (A+B+C+D+E) = 10
Alternately, if you wanted to have a character with all 5 areas prioritized at C, each of them would be 2 points, and that all adds up to 10 points.
I really like this system, because it allows me to sacrifice a little in one area to bring up a little in another area. I made a character that I wanted to be a bit more balanced across the board, so I made her B, B, C, C, E.

Licences
Licences have to be tied to a specific SIN. If you have multiple SINs (real or fake) then you need to specify which one the licenses belong to. This is only likely to come up if you get arrested or if you try to go through a security checkpoint (and when have Shadowrunners ever gone through a checkpoint?)

I don't remember how the rule is written, but I'm going to run it that a single license will cover a class of firearm or weapon (pistols, SMGs, Rifles, blades, etc.) or a single piece of restricted cyberware. Remember that you only need to have a license for something if it is marked with an R in its availability code. If it doesn't have a letter, you don't need a license, if it's marked with an F you can't get a license unless you are a member of the military or corporate security.

Also, you only need a license if you get caught.

Driver's licenses will be required if you are driving yourself. Many people have cars that drive themselves, and don't need licenses if they let the car drive. But really, if a cop tries to pull over a shadowrunner, chances are that driving without a license are the least of your troubles.

Rinse would not need a personal bartending license unless he actively works as a bartender. He would not need a license to be a chef, but a restaurant would need a license to operate.

Seriously though, don't get too terribly caught up on the licenses. I'm going to try to run this a little looser anyway, since there's such a lag in responses dealing with posting on the internet.

Lifestyle
Similar to licenses, lifestyles Medium and above need to be tied to a SIN (real or fake).

Character interactions:
So, Rinse knows Andy because Andy has worked on his car. Everybody has done a couple of jobs together, at least enough to know that the others aren't likely to abandon you in a tough situation. Does anybody else have any off-the-job connections with each other that I missed?

Character approval:
I'm going to give everybody a chance to check over their characters and make any adjustments to priorities, licenses, lifestyles, and whatever else. When you say in this thread that you're ready, I'll check over your character and do approvals. Then we can get to playing.
Feb 9, 2016 3:57 pm
Oh right, I meant to ask everybody what your characters do in their down-time. Do you have families, jobs, lovers, plot hooks?
Feb 9, 2016 3:58 pm
Maybe Andrea knows F4d30ut from message boards, whether social talking about Star Wars or educational through online classes. Andy's not above taking a few courses at Tacoma Community, just to keep her hand in.

When not on a run, Andrea works in her automotive shop, ideally being a legitimate business front to bring in some nuyen and "keep up appearances." She'll also tinker with her drone(s) and Bulldog to see what can be made better than new.
Last edited February 9, 2016 3:59 pm
Feb 9, 2016 4:07 pm
If a run comes up that has to be done right away, what is the likelihood of Andy's van or one of the drones being unavailable due to being in the middle of being "tweaked"?
Feb 9, 2016 4:11 pm
If my character is off, I can't see it. So please look over my char for readiness
Feb 9, 2016 4:12 pm
Good question. I'd say the van and at least one drone would be ready to go. The others, if any, may be in various states of disrepair depending on how far I get; could be as simple as putting the shell back on, or maybe it's completely taken apart.
Feb 9, 2016 4:24 pm
CancerMan says:
Good question. I'd say the van and at least one drone would be ready to go. The others, if any, may be in various states of disrepair depending on how far I get; could be as simple as putting the shell back on, or maybe it's completely taken apart.
If speed is a factor, f4d30ut has some skills with electronics and hardware. He could easily help pit a drone together.

And I will not able to use the internet after this. My flight goes back home today after spending a week at Mardi gras. I won't be able to check anything or make changes to my character until probably late tonight or tomorrow morning.
Feb 9, 2016 5:06 pm
Don't worry, I'm not planning on leaving you defenseless or useless, I just thought that it might be an interesting wrinkle.
Feb 9, 2016 8:05 pm
I think I'm ready with my character. Please look it over and let me know if I've done things wrong!
Feb 9, 2016 10:09 pm
Alright I did one last edit, and added some hooks. The PDF cut off what wrote, so I'll post the hooks here.

Yakuza: They might still be after him for killing their boss, but it should just be only one or two people since it happened so long ago.

Family: Marcus has 4 siblings, but the only real contact they have had are sending holiday trids. Marcus has been contacting them more since he feels more secure that the mafia won't kill them all.

Sasha (40): Runs a homeless shelter / soup kitchen.
Lebo (36): Somewhere in the Barrens, probably an older member of a gang.
Frankie (35): Bodyguard for mid-tier politicians.
Cathrine (33): Experienced response team member at DocWagon.

Lovers: Has a thing for a hardass orc named 'Glaive' who stops by for a drink every so often. She's also a runner, but doesn't like to talk about work. Weilds a huge polearm, hence the nickname.

Downtime: Works as a bartender/cook at 'The Cherry Lounge', a dark and private bar that is a common meeting place for runners and their clients.

//Handle
Feb 9, 2016 11:55 pm
Handle, do you conduct any runner business in the Cherry Lounge? Do you hang out there in your off time, or do you try to avoid it when you're not on shift? Also, I noticed you have a point of Notoriety. I didn't see anything on your sheet that would mechanically start you off with one. Did I miss something, or did you just put it in there for flavor?
Feb 10, 2016 12:02 am
DarthOingoBoingo, I see a fixer on your sheet, is that Vinyl or another fixer? Looks good.
Feb 10, 2016 12:06 am
Oh, I should mention that I try not to do any runner business at my automotive shop. And if any of the team wants to hang out, I'd suggest the same.

And do let me know if we're running low on stuff like food or toilet paper. Geez, don't take the last cheese snack and leave the empty box.
Feb 10, 2016 12:07 am
CancerMan, I approved Andy. Does she have any humans in her life? Lovers? Friends? Exes? Siblings?
Feb 10, 2016 12:14 am
None. Her parents died in an unfortunate freeway accident during the rain, and she has no siblings. She considers her drones to be her sisters, her Bulldog and Growler as pets.
Feb 10, 2016 1:18 am
So, I've updated Lo with a higher body rating (thanks for the tip) and now working on getting the poor slob some equipment. Story being that he's on the run from a low-level Saeder-Krupp who has connections higher up within the company. So I'm guessing he's acquired a fake SIN somewhere along the line. I can't, however, seem to find a cost associated with such an item (or fake licenses for that matter). Is this something that is purchased along with equipment at start?

I'm thinking Lo lives a low-level lifestyle, moving from hovel to hovel every few months, just to keep any SK creeps that might be looking for him. Stops by Andy's place every now and then to see what she and the others might be up to and to pass along his new place of residence if he's moved since he's last seen them.

No family in the area (any family he had is still in Eastern Europe), works as a 'messenger' for one of the local EE gangs (same one as his 'gang runner' contact belongs to - if that'll fly?), and spends his down time trying to dig up any information he can find on his Saeder-Krupp nemesis.
Last edited February 10, 2016 11:54 pm
Feb 10, 2016 3:14 am
In my version of the Core Rulebook (it can vary slightly depending on the printing) there is a section labeled ID and Credit on page 442.

Fake SIN (Rating 1-6) | Availability: Rating*3F | Price: Rating*2500¥
Fake License (Rating 1-6) | Availability: Rating*3F | Price: Rating*200¥
Feb 10, 2016 3:21 am
Awesome, thanks! I was reading on page 367-368 about Fake Sins and at the end of the section it says "For availability and prices of purchasing Fake SINs, see page 367", which of course, is the section I had just read...
Feb 10, 2016 4:14 am
PaladinRevenant says:
Handle, do you conduct any runner business in the Cherry Lounge? Do you hang out there in your off time, or do you try to avoid it when you're not on shift? Also, I noticed you have a point of Notoriety. I didn't see anything on your sheet that would mechanically start you off with one. Did I miss something, or did you just put it in there for flavor?
The point comes from the 'Bad Luck' quality, I'm guessing it's known that he can be pretty unlucky. I guessing a run went bad due to bad luck, and pretty much everyone remembers it. Maybe a run involving sabotaging a food factory went sideways, and a large container of marshmallow fluff ended up exploding. The runners failed the mission, plus they had to escape while covered in sugary goop.

While working he keeps an ear open for any jobs, but he knows better than to pry into other people's business - the Cherry Lounge is supposed to be a secure meeting point after all. When he's not working he'll meet his clients at the lounge. He doesn't avoid it, he likes the people there.
Feb 10, 2016 9:11 am
I updated some stuff (just cosmetic, changed 20th century trivia to star wars) and added an avatar. aside from making Vinyl the fixer I know, the other contacts I have are a bartender... let's call her Sadie, she's an elf at a local pub he likes to go to (to sit in privacy and drink, of course) she has a bit of a soft spot for fadeout due to his disability, but isn't too loyal beyond that. as for the janitor contact, his name is Ben, he's a troll who is in the same support group as fadeout.

I can't think of too much else I need to explain. I just got home, it's late here and I need sleep, so it's entirely likely I missed something. If anyone else has question of ideas on how to flesh out relationships, let's do it. this is a lot of fun as is, imagine how much fun actually playing will be.
Feb 11, 2016 3:45 am
Vision’s only family members are her mom and her older sister. Her mom was put into a psychiatric institution 8 years ago, but Vision has never visited her mom. It is possible that her mom was released at some point, vision tries not to think about her mom much. Vision’s sister ran away 10 years ago, Vision is not actively looking for her sister but dose wish that they will be reunited one day. The closest thing to a true friend vision has (other than the team) is a fence named Lauren. Lauren met Vision during her early years on the street. Lauren took a liking to Vision and has helped her out of many tight spots. (Lauren is a guy)

When Vision is not on or looking for a job she is normally training her mind and body. She exercises, meditates and reads almost anything she can get her hands on. Vision tries to keep up to date on the news floating around the criminal underworld as well as studies psychology and magic. When she needs to relax she writes her own music.

Vision does not like opening up to people, so nobody on the team would know her real name. Vision also does not like large crowds and has the quality "Social Stress" which is triggered when she witnesses overt racism. But although she is quiet she is normally friendly and agreeable.

My character sheet is ready, I am open to any suggestions on how to improve my character.
Feb 11, 2016 1:12 pm
Szemely, I still don't see any gear listed on Lo Puska's sheet. Also, you will need to take 1 point of Noteriety to go along with the Uneducated quality. Also, please explain just a bit about why he is uneducated. Has he just always been poor? You said he was a "former 'employee'" of Saeder-Krupp, does that mean off-the-record deniable-asset kind of "employee"?

Fennec, when I look at Vision's character sheet, I just see a bunch of empty boxes. Are you sure you submitted the right one? I didn't see a PDF link or anything looking back through the thread.

Handle, I went ahead and approved your character sheet based on the last PDF that you linked. Could you double check the one here and make sure that everything lines up?
Feb 11, 2016 2:54 pm
Added the gear and weapons on my sheet, it all looks good to me. Also posting as my character because everyone else is doing it and I easily cave to peer pressure.

So me and Andrea (does she go by Andrea or Andy?) know each other from her shop. Probably more like friendly acquaintances than actual friends. The fact that she works a normal job as well as running the shadows makes her seem more trustworthy to Marcus.

F4d30ut don't have much in common, but they probably talk about local news or some new technology. When Marcus doesn't know much about the subject he is content with just asking questions and listening to F4d30ut ramble about how the latest cyberdeck is a huge scam (if that's something he would talk about).

Vision reminds Marcus of his older brother Lebo, so he's got mixed feelings about her. On one hand she seems like a loose cannon, but on the other she is really good at what she does. Ultimately he respects her, but hopes her emotions don't get the better of her while on a job.

Lo Puska and Marcus probably have a very professional relationship, as they both have (somewhat) business backgrounds. I can see them having a drink together after a job swapping stories, but not talking about anything too serious.

//Handle
Last edited February 11, 2016 3:51 pm
Feb 11, 2016 7:34 pm
Something weird happened to my character sheet. Every field was blank but it would not let me edit it. Luckily I had a copy of my character on my computer. I remade the character sheet and resubmitted it.
Feb 11, 2016 7:52 pm
"Andy" is shorthand and is used by anyone in any informal setting. Sometimes it provides some comedy as referred customers arrive expecting to talk to an "Andy" and meet Andrea.
Feb 11, 2016 9:05 pm
I like Handle's idea of stating how there character feels about the rest of the team.

Rinse: Vision has a lot of respect for the way Rinse can control a conversation and use his charms to get people to trust him. Vision can be relatively charismatic when she puts her mind to it, but it is not comfortable for her. She looks at social situations from a technical viewpoint. However Vision senses that Rinse is wary of her, which in turn makes her wary of him.

Andy: I am not really sure what the exact state of Vision and Andy's relationship would be. CancerMan, you should let me know if you have any ideas about their relationship, if not we can just let it evolve naturally during gameplay.

Lo Puska: Vision has a very professional relationship with Lo Puska. She feels comfortable relying on his combat ability and always feels safer when he is around.

F4d30ut: Vision likes F4d30ut the most. She sees both herself and F4d30ut as awkward geniuses, both of them are masters of a realm that nobody else on the team can see or understand. At least that is how Vision sees it, but she is definitely thinking a little too highly of herself.
Feb 11, 2016 10:24 pm
ooh, can I play too?

Rinse: fadeout is in awe and wonder at how easy it is for rinse to talk to people and understand social situations like it is second nature. fadeout struggles with understanding the finer points of relating to other people and rinse seems like a wizard to him. fadeout tries to be as social and friendly to rinse as he can be, but it just comes out as technical garble and missed cues that rinse's eyes are glazing over and he's not really interested.

Vision: fadeout likes vision ok enough, even though he doesn't understand anything about magic beyond what they show in the Karl Kombatmage movies. he is glad that there is someone else on the team that doesn't seem too comfortable in social situations. they're both awkward and crass, the only difference is that fadeout doesn't know how awkward he is sometimes.

Andy: fadeout and andy both share a love for technology. I can see them both working together on projects and talking about nerd stuff. fadeout relaxes much more around people when he can use his technical skills in situations where "small talk" isn't too likely to happen.

Lo Puska: fadeout is wary about this one. given lo's gang background, fadeout already has an inherent dislike toward Lo (intolerance towards gang members). fadeout knows better to express these feelings verbally but every now and then he may seem more distant towards Lo or not engaging with him as much. however, Lo has been able to hold his own on a run, so fadeout trusts him enough to do his job (more like let the thug do the thug thing that thugs are good at, and I'll be over here doing the important stuff) but not much else.
Feb 12, 2016 12:11 am
There was an earlier comment that Andy wasn't on the original team, which is perfectly fine. I think one way to work her in with the current group and improve relationships is through Vinyl.

If this is okay, I'd like to say that Andy's original relationship with Vinyl was as a repair shop and safehouse. Andy would know Vinyl through some of her contacts; perhaps Dorothy Wedge (human streetracer and car enthusiast) or Hephzibah Bicker (orc police officer) know Vinyl and passed along her information as a trustworthy resource. For her part, Andy welcomes the influx of nuyen on these side deals to take care of vehicles, drones, weapons, and the runners themselves.

The original team could be frequent visitors, dropping by after their earlier runs for repair and to lay low before moving on (don't know how many runs the team would have done prior to Andy joining). So based on their proximity, Andy would feel about them in the following ways:

F4d30ut: Andy loves tapping F4d30ut's mind, especially when it comes to figuring out how things (anything!) can be made better-than-new. Andy doesn't know anything computer-related beyond what she uses for standard superficial use, so having someone around who can talk hardware and software is much appreciated. If F4d30ut can secure her shop from outside hacking, he is more than welcome there, even during off-hours. Plus, there are similarities between jacking into the matrix and plugging oneself into a vehicle, so there's a kinship in that.

Lo Puska: Andy holds Lo Puska with a measure of respect and enjoys any conversation about firearms and their functions. She is particularly interested in how to best translate his combat abilities for her drones to make them competitive, and appreciates any input on weapons that are both durable and efficient. In addition, it never hurts to have another knowledgeable source for firearms and ammunition. Andy has some skill as an Armorer, and it's not much of a leap to find her wanting to tinker with weapons.

Rinse: Andy met Rinse before she knew he was a runner, but only as a customer. Thanks to Vinyl's connections, the two are probably more acquainted than anyone else; Andy's kitchen is stocked as best as possible given the infrequent visits, in the off-chance that Rinse could prep something. Andy would likely visit The Cherry Lounge for a break, and while she loves everything the dwarf cooks, her favorite dish is ramen (the real stuff, not that dried crap).

Vision: Andy gives Vision whatever space she needs, so long as the elf respects the personal boundaries of herself and any runners they work with. Since they both have no real family, Andy feels a certain kinship especially due to their relative age. She wishes Vision would try to connect with others on some personal level, but understands that even Andy's attachment to her vehicles and drones would be considered strange. Given this, Vision is welcome at the shop at any time. Andy just asks that Vision keep the music volume down during the late hours or use headphones.
Feb 12, 2016 2:49 am
PaladinRevenant says:
Szemely, I still don't see any gear listed on Lo Puska's sheet. Also, you will need to take 1 point of Noteriety to go along with the Uneducated quality. Also, please explain just a bit about why he is uneducated. Has he just always been poor? You said he was a "former 'employee'" of Saeder-Krupp, does that mean off-the-record deniable-asset kind of "employee"?
Gear will be entered onto the sheet tomorrow. Also like what the rest of the group is doing with the relationship with the other runners and will jump on board as well tomorrow. Apologies to everyone for my lack of involvement so far but things look to be improving time wise pretty quickly in the next day or two.
Feb 12, 2016 5:21 pm
for all the players here who don't have a whole lot of experience with shadowrun or just want to know more about the world and setting, check out the Arcology podcast. the first few episodes explain what shadowrun is and breaks down the different parts of a shadow run and the different roles players can play and how to play things like a face, decker, rigger, etc.

I've been listening to it, and I like it a lot. they even have advice for GMs of shadowrun if paladin is interested.
Feb 13, 2016 12:31 am
Lo Puska entered the "Borton Orphanage and Correctional Facility" in Eastern Europe at the tender age of four. Whether he was abandoned by his parents or actually orphaned is still a mystery to him, and one that he's less concerned with the older he gets. Spending fourteen years in such a place obviously had some influence on the young man. In order to survive in such a harsh environment one needed 'friends' and the better armed your 'friends' were the better things could be.

Starting off as a simple mule for The Bandas, one of the established gangs within the facility, he quickly proved his worth. Moving contraband throughout the facility was easy for him, he was small, and didn't draw a lot of attention to himself. And who would suspect a four your old of moving cartons of smuggled cigarettes about the place? The older he got, the more dangerous (and lucrative), the contraband became. Cigarettes, fermented drinks of various types, drugs, and every type of hand-made or smuggled-in weapon one could think of.

Of course rival gangs would occasionally catch him on a run and give him a good beating (while nicking the goods as well), but he was soon able to dish out as much punishment as he was receiving (with the help of a few choice concealed blades of course) and started to make a name for himself. He quickly rose through the ranks of The Bandas reaching second in command before it all came crashing to an end.

When he awoke on his 18th birthday, or at least what the authorities in the facility told him was his 18th birthday, he was greeted by the Wartron (Warden/Matron) and handed a certificate stating that "Lo Puska has been fully rehabilitated and/or reached adulthood." Given a few basic necessities and a few nuyen he was unceremoniously taken to the entrance of the facility and booted into the street. Before he could even comprehend what had just happened he was approached by a well dressed and neatly groomed man on the street calling himself Ross Ficko.

Ross apparently had what he called 'talent acquisition' people within the facility and a few of them thought that Lo's skills would be useful for the type of business Ross needed taken care of. The jobs were simple at first but quickly became more difficult and it wasn't long before Lo put two and two together. All of the jobs he worked for Ross in some way, shape, or form benefitted the interests of Saeder-Krupp. Through some of his own connections he had made since leaving the BOCF Lo was able to determine that Ross was a low level SK executive, most likely part of the 'Competitor Deterrence' division. This information didn't keep Lo from working jobs for Ross, the money was good, and the man always provided Lo with quality equipment to use.

One such job, however, would signal the end of Lo's employment and his subsequent fleeing to the UCAS. From the very start Lo had a bad feeling about this particular job, it wasn't the type of work he would normally do for Ross, and the intel he had been given was obviously rushed and incomplete. Walking into the ambush confirmed his suspicion. How he escaped is a mystery even to him, but with some of the contacts he had made since leaving the BOCF, and help from the 'Former SK Employee Underground Network' he somehow ended up in Tacoma. His only contact was another former SK 'employee'.

Rinse: Lo admires Marcus' business like attitude when carrying out a run and considers him an ally among those he has met during his time in Tacoma. Enjoys the occasional after run beer but has very little contact with the man outside of their work.

Vision: Doesn't know much about Vision other than she does a damned fine job during their runs; and that's good enough for him.

F4d30ut: Another fine team member but one that Lo has a hard time pinning down. Lo's not entirely sure, but every now and then he seems to catch a suspicious glance directed his way, but writes it off to F4d30ut being a snob towards a lowly ruffian. Doesn't have a problem working with F4d30ut as long as the runs keep going well.

Andy: Lo considers Andy to be the only irreplaceable member of the team, himself included, but he'd never actually admit that. Andy's shop is a regular stop for Lo when not occupied with runs or 'work' with one of the local gangs. He enjoys talking about weapons and bouncing ideas about gun and drone modifications back and forth with her.

EDIT: It appear that I am unable to edit my Notoriety value. I can enter a '1' for the value but it seems to set back to '0' when I save.
Last edited February 13, 2016 1:57 am
Feb 13, 2016 2:20 am
szemely says:
It appear that I am unable to edit my Notoriety value. I can enter a '1' for the value but it seems to set back to '0' when I save.
I have had the same problem, it also happens with the street cred field. I just put it in the notes field at the bottom of the sheet.
Feb 13, 2016 2:21 am
Fennec says:
I have had the same problem, it also happens with the street cred field. I just put it in the notes field at the bottom of the sheet.
I just reported it in the "Bugs" sub-forum. I'm sure Keleth will have it worked out in no time.
Feb 13, 2016 4:33 pm
so we should all be ready and good to go by now, right? I had the same issue with the character sheets not tracking numbers on the numenera sheet. apparently it was an easy fix.
Feb 16, 2016 11:29 am
Gotta let Paladin's gears start turning, he's making the campaign from scratch I believe.
Feb 16, 2016 1:30 pm
Sorry, Yesterday there were technical difficulties. Handle is right, I am making this up from scratch and as we go along I will change things to reflect your actions, but I do know where we're starting.

I should have caught this before, but the only character that I see with a Lifestyle listed is Fadeout, I see Andy's Lifestyle listed in the character bio section as "Middle to Low" did pay some of your starting nuyen for a lifestyle?

If anybody forgot to buy it, don't sweat it. Buy it now and let me know what it is. Alternately, if you don't have any cash left, I'll let you have a single month of Low lifestyle on credit, just remember to pay up ;-)
Feb 16, 2016 2:03 pm
The game is on!
Find the first scene HERE!
Feb 16, 2016 3:42 pm
I couldn't find anything describing the cost for lifestyle. I did use my starting nuyen to purchase an automotive shop, but wasn't sure what that included. I can readjust the budget to include the lifestyle once I find the numbers.

I think I really need to get the core rulebook. Having the quick-start PDFs and online searches leaves a lot of gaps.
Feb 16, 2016 4:25 pm
Lifestyles cover the day-to-day expenses of living. Basic food, rent, utilities, Matrix access, etc. are all covered by Lifestyle. Here's a quick and dirty description.

Streets: Literally, on the streets. Living in a cardboard box, eating out of the garbage, and freezing in the winter. - Free
Squatter: You live in a run-down squatter building probably shared by other squatters. You eat low-grade nutri-soy and yeast, adding flavors with an eyedropper. It sucks. - 500¥/month
Low: You live in a crappy apartment whose key feature is that the door locks. Payments to the local street gang are part of the lifestyle cost. Power and water are available during assigned rationing periods. Factory workers, petty crooks, and folks stuck in a rut tend to have this lifestyle. - 2,000¥/month
Middle: You have a nice apartment or condo with some comfort. The auto-cook has a full suite of flavors and you occasionally get natural food. This is the lifestyle for ordinary wage-slaves or reasonably successful criminals. - 5,000¥/month
High: You have a roomy house or condo, good food, and technology that makes life good. Your home is in a secure zone or protected by good bribes to the local police contractor. This is the life for the well-to-do on either side of the law. - 10,000¥/month
Luxury: Ha ha! Yeah, right! - 100,000¥/month
Feb 16, 2016 4:37 pm
Thanks for the breakdown!

I made some budget adjustments and set aside enough to live 9 months on a Middle lifestyle. Could I have this condo set above my automotive shop?

Actually, I think the Runner flavor is better at a Low lifestyle. I will set aside 22 months' payment for a bare studio above the automotive shop, if that's okay.
Last edited February 16, 2016 4:41 pm
Feb 16, 2016 5:49 pm
CancerMan says:
Thanks for the breakdown!

I made some budget adjustments and set aside enough to live 9 months on a Middle lifestyle. Could I have this condo set above my automotive shop?

Actually, I think the Runner flavor is better at a Low lifestyle. I will set aside 22 months' payment for a bare studio above the automotive shop, if that's okay.
That sounds fine. You can always spend a little extra on good food when you're in the mood.

Since nobody asked about any of the optional lifestyle stuff from Run & Gun, I'm just going to cross that out and run entirely with lifestyles straight from the core rulebook.
Feb 16, 2016 6:59 pm
Vision is super broke, so i will have to owe you a months payment once we get paid. i will make a note on my sheet.
Feb 16, 2016 7:07 pm
what are the pixel limits of avatars? is it 150x150?
Feb 16, 2016 7:28 pm
I don't know if there's a hard limit, but avatars do scale appropriately. Andy's avatar is actually 450x450.
Feb 16, 2016 9:16 pm
I got a low lifestyle, I pay it month to month.
Feb 16, 2016 10:42 pm
Lo is living that sweet, sweet low level life style.
Feb 16, 2016 10:44 pm
szemely says:
Lo is living that sweet, sweet low level life style.
don't you mean the "Lo" lifestyle?
Feb 16, 2016 10:49 pm
Almost typed it in that way... :-)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.