General Discussion

load previous
Nov 25, 2015 2:43 pm
Just an fyi I will be traveling for the US Thanksgiving holiday, I'll have internet access but posting may be less frequent.
Nov 25, 2015 9:51 pm
CouchLord0510: the basic mechanic of the game is to:
1) Roll
2) Remove matches
3) Determine success or failure
4) Determine stress

First, you roll a number of d6s. You will roll 1 or more positive dice, and 1 or more negative dice (sometimes the GM will refer to these as black and white, instead). When you roll here on GP, you'd do two sets of rolls: positive, and negative. You will always roll at least one positive and one negative.

Second, after a roll, remove any matched pairs between positive and negative dice. For example, if you rolled 2d6 positive and 1d6 negative and got

Positive: 1, 5
Negative: 5

You'd remove the 5s and be left with a positive 1, no negative.

Third, you compare the remaining positive result(s) - if any - to the appropriate stat. Your character has a set of 6 stats, divided into 3 categories: the Physical Stats (Dexterity, Vitality), the Mental Stats (Logic, Will), and the Social stats (Charisma, Empathy). If, after removing any matches, there is a positive result that is equal to or less than the associated stat, then you succeed. If the positive result(s) are higher than the stat - or if you end up with no positive results - then you fail.

Fourth, if you end up with any negative results, you get a point of stress in that category for each negative result remaining, regardless of whether you succeeded or failed in the task.
For example, rolling a Dexterity test against a DEX of 3:
Positive: 1, 5, 6
Negative: 1, 3, 4

The 1s would be removed. The positive results that remain (5 & 6) are both above the DEX score of 3, so the character failed the task. In addition, the character has two negative results remaining (the values don't matter), which means that the character takes 2 points of physical stress.
Nov 25, 2015 9:53 pm
All that said, the GM has directed you to roll 1 positive (add a roll) and 1 negative die (add a second roll) for a Willpower test. That would look like this for my character, Howard, with a WILL of 2.

Edit: With this roll, Howard would fail, but without any stress, because both 1s are removed, leaving no positive (no chance of success) and no negative (no stress) results.
Last edited November 25, 2015 9:55 pm

Rolls

Positive - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Negative - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Nov 28, 2015 1:33 am
Thanks a ton!
Nov 28, 2015 1:34 am
Sorry I didn't get to the answer sooner. Weekends been crazy with holiday. I should have another post up Monday. Enjoy the weekend!
Dec 2, 2015 8:02 am
I can identify; I'm behind in all of my games. I look forward to our next moves in this one.
Dec 2, 2015 1:25 pm
No problem. Life is crazy this time of year.
Dec 8, 2015 6:39 am
When you get to it, Howard is still wondering about that parking brake...
Dec 8, 2015 12:01 pm
Yeah, crap sorry guys. I think the games may be in hiatus until after December 25th. This month is just hectic. I can barely keep up with games I'm in. All my hosted ones have halted for a week or two.
Dec 8, 2015 2:29 pm
Cool. No problem.
Dec 11, 2015 6:03 am
Okay, just updating all my games. Sorry for the lack of communication. The holidays got me super busy, but I'm still on to start after the 25th again. I haven't died! :)
Dec 28, 2015 4:58 pm
Alright, hope everyone had a good break and December. Glad to get back to the game now that the craziness has past.
Dec 28, 2015 4:58 pm
Alright, hope everyone had a good break and December. Glad to get back to the game now that the craziness has past.
Feb 7, 2016 1:09 am
fyi I keep checking the site like every 30 min now that my family is involved! :)

No Zombie pugs!
Feb 7, 2016 1:32 am
Lol. I'll have an update a little later. Busy family day. :)
Feb 9, 2016 12:54 am
...can Howard hear Annette's cry from all the way inside and downstairs?
Feb 9, 2016 2:00 am
I would say you think you heard someone call your name between Kel and Johns gunshots. Jacob still has to go then zombie turn.
Feb 11, 2016 5:19 pm
Are we waiting on zombies or can we act again?
Feb 11, 2016 5:20 pm
Nope sorry, zombie turn. Got a tad sidetracked last night. I'll have it up this afternoon.
Feb 12, 2016 3:58 pm
Dextolen, I don't know if we ever discussed it, but what is your family's names, and ages? Also you have two pugs, right?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.