5E - Securing Asavir's Channel

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 13, 2018 7:39 pm
Hello all! With the recent release of the ship/sea Unearthed Arcana by Wizards, I figured I would give them a shot as a smallish adventure (to start) where we can test the rules and have some fun on the high seas.

Our heroes (4-6 PCs, all starting at level 5 made with point buy) are part of a privateer crew secured by the Nubaedfyd family in Murann to make Asavir's Channel in the Nelanther Isles safe for shipping from Murann to Calimport aboard the Sailing Ship Selûne's Grace with ~30 other crew-members under the command of Captain Helane Mardon. The letters of marque and reprisal issued to the crew are broad reaching in their scope of authority and leaves the group with plenty of space to determine how they'd like to carry out the order.

There should be plenty of opportunity for us to test shipboard rules (both combat and non-combat oriented), some beachhead skirmishing, amassing some fortunes, and possibly even setting up your own shipping business once the routes are clear.

There are hundreds of islands in the chain, so the group could also decide they are better served to overthrow the captain and join the pirates as high seas renegades.

Character creation will require a bit of talking together in the game forum once players are chosen as you'll be a pre-exiting group of folks with connections already rather than first time meeting one another.

I'd like to use as little UA as possible, outside of the Ship and Sea rules to let us focus on the playtest material there. However, you can request something and we'll talk about it.

I know some folks have expressed interest in general, but I'd like to feel out the group as a whole rather than just take the first come first serve list of folks.

Post your interest here as well as one or two rough character concepts you'd like to try out, I will create the game and send invites tomorrow evening for those that are selected!

Thanks all!
Nov 13, 2018 7:45 pm
I'd love to join and fill the "priest/chosen of the kraken" with Tempest cleric or Storm Sorcerer.
Nov 13, 2018 8:29 pm
I'd be totally down for this. Didn't even know these rules had been published. Not 100% certain what I'd play, maybe a rogue/fighter multiclass with twin swords for that pirate-y feel.
Nov 13, 2018 8:29 pm
I'm down. It's been a while since I've played a rogue so I might go down that route.
Nov 13, 2018 8:33 pm
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.0dcqCspo4Bkesy1ZiIesUgEsEs

Roscoe Silversail, halfling swashbuckler rogue who in hindsight shouldn't have had the treasure map tattooed on themselves.
Nov 13, 2018 9:05 pm
I would like to play the same character I play in Jabes' game: Zale, the water genasi drunken master monk.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/507800578949120003/508587565948076032/Zale_water_genasi_monk.jpg

Len

Nov 14, 2018 7:54 am
https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/001/239/734/large/viktor-titov-coralhelm-guide.jpg?1443928864

Srisa of the Eastern Reefs has been exiled from her kingdom, as is the ageless rite of passage for Triton royal heirs. She cannot return for ten years, but life among the surface people is so fascinating and full of adventure there's no time to be homesick.

Triton noble with some martial classes... rogue / barbarian maybe?
Last edited November 14, 2018 8:03 am
Nov 14, 2018 3:31 pm
If it is not too late Drama, I would much like to join this game. Not to give too much away but the game I GM here may be doing some seafaring in the relative future.

Len

Nov 14, 2018 4:01 pm
http://orig00.deviantart.net/aff0/f/2013/260/f/6/daximus_shadowborne__the_3rd_of_his_name___dnd_ch_by_noiprox-d6mncfg.jpg

Fargrim Stonelost is a Dwarf with no clan. Exiled in his foolish youth for stupid crimes, Fargrim wandered beneath the cruel, endless sky for years before taking to the sea, where stout strong workers are in high demand. The seafarer's life will never satisfy his longing to toil beneath the earth again, but the honor among thieves, the appreciation of hard work done well, and the comradery among the crew are the closest he'll ever had to belonging to a clan.
Last edited November 14, 2018 4:46 pm
Nov 14, 2018 9:26 pm
Closing this interest check as of now. Game invites going out soon!
Nov 14, 2018 9:32 pm
Invites have been sent to all that expressed interest here. With there being only 8 folks, dropping 2 out of the mix just seemed wrong. With a ship the size of the Grace, we will find space. Plus, if we have any attrition because PBP, we're well bolstered to start. :)

Game invite for those that have wonky e-mails is here.
Last edited November 14, 2018 9:33 pm
Nov 30, 2018 4:57 am
I was too late for this go around, but if you make port and need to press-gang more crew consider me interested!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.