Excited and New

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 20, 2018 4:45 am
I just read about play by post which sounded really cool, and people pointed towards GamersPlane as the place to go to try it out.

When I was younger, I participated in number of on going D&D campaigns (3.5). Unfortunately as responsibilities increased and time decreased these campaigns sort of faded out. But recently, I've started to watch some online campaigns and started to read up on all the new systems which has gotten me really excited about getting back into it. Unfortunately, time is still in great demand, so when I read about PbP, I thought it was a great opportunity to jump back into the fray, but with a more flexible schedule.

I am excited to really dig in and experience all the new changes, game play, and stories!
Nov 20, 2018 5:09 am
Welcome Pryde (Kitty or Predjudice? Haha)! What sorts of new systems have captured your fancy, (recognizing that answering here will not bind you in any way)?
Nov 20, 2018 5:10 am
Welcome!
Nov 20, 2018 6:19 am
Welcome Pryde! Gamers Plane is a great place to set the course for adventure.
Nov 20, 2018 8:29 am
Welcome to the community, Pryde! And welcome back to the hobby! Watch the Games Tavern, and I'm sure you'll find a game soon! Til then, join us on the GP Discord server! Good luck!
Nov 20, 2018 1:51 pm
Also, check out the new member guide for some site basics :)
Nov 20, 2018 2:11 pm
Thanks everybody!
Nov 20, 2018 4:03 pm
Welcome!
Nov 20, 2018 5:29 pm
I have to check. I see Pryde, and I think Aidan Pryde of the Jade Falcons. Now I need to know the basis for the screen name :)
Nov 21, 2018 3:12 am
Welcome :)
Nov 21, 2018 3:26 am
Hello and welcome!
Nov 21, 2018 2:43 pm
Just looked up Aidan Pryde, and got sucked into the rabbit hole of battle tech.

The name is an old one, I was originally inspired by choosing a screen name that was based off a more abstract concept, but unsurprisingly those were almost all taken, so definitely inspired by X-Men (Kitty is awesome) I chose Pryde, which is sort of what I was going for originally but also available most of the time.
Nov 21, 2018 2:52 pm
As for systems, I've only ever done D&D so any other system seems exciting and new. Just looking through the list there are so many that look really interesting: Call of Cthulu, Fate, Cypher, Shadow Run, Pathfinder.

I just signed up for a Chubbo game, which looks to be about as far away from D&D as possible lol.
Nov 21, 2018 4:06 pm
Oh man, Shadowrun has been one of my favorite worlds for a long time. But it can get super "crunchy" as there are rules and gear for just about everything.
Nov 27, 2018 7:57 pm
I might have room in a Cthulhu game if you're interested.
Dec 4, 2018 5:02 pm
Catching up on some introductions, welcome Pryde! Hope you found something to your liking!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.