MHR game: Rebirth

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 7, 2018 6:36 am
In the latter years of the 1880's, a revolution came on the scene, started by one man, known as Nemesis. He swayed many to his banner, promising total peace. In a decade most of Europe was his, either directly or ruled by people who agreed with him. Instead of a World War, nineteen-fourteen came and went without incident. By the 1930's, the Great Depression gave Nemesis the opportunity to solidify his control until only the United States held out against the very peaceful onslaught.

In 1944, Nemesis' followers won elections to Congress, and after amending the Constitution to allow it, Nemesis won the election and became the 32nd President of the United States. His first act was a bill, passed by a Nemesis-controlled Congress, to abolish the Union and cede power to the world government.

Many heroes fought against Nemesis, but opposition, however minor, was crushed by his clockwork (and later, cybernetic) forces. The world began to live in fear of it's elected leader, and there seemed no end, for he never aged. Any resistance was silenced brutally.

Finally, in 1980, the Primes, a group of heroes working in secret, would rise up and crush Nemesis, delivering a death blow to his rule, but giving their life in the process. It is now 2000, and though there are new heroes, new villains are arising as well. The newly reformed United States is looking for more heroes.
OOC:
- More info on the setting can be found HERE. This game is set in the Marvel multiverse, on Earth 12718 if you need to care about why things are different from normal.
- The game system used will be Marvel Heroic Roleplay. This is a beginner-friendly game, no prior experience or books required.
- I'm looking for 4-6 original characters. I do NOT want evil characters pretending to be good, or antiheroes that are likely to want to cause trouble.
- Players should be looking to start as new heroes, or street-level heroes. If you want to play something more powerful, that might be fine, as long as there's a good reason why the character isn't off handling bigger things. We will definitely be getting on to more important stuff as the story goes, but we're starting small.
- If you don't have the books I can be available to help with character creation, and the system itself it fairly easy to pick up.

P.S. If I can't get original characters, I'm open to considering alternate universe versions of existing characters.
Last edited May 24, 2019 7:48 pm
Dec 7, 2018 4:20 pm
You already know I'm in.

If using original characters, I may need help with the process, but I know exactly what I would want.

If we use alternate versions of existing characters, I know who quite a few people, popular and little-known characters, that I'd be willing to try.
Dec 7, 2018 10:57 pm
This sounds tempting, been wanting to try a superhero RPG for some time.
Dec 8, 2018 3:53 am
Cool. I think we've got three so far then; there's another player that hasn't posted yet but said they wanted to play.
Dec 9, 2018 6:15 am
If you have room for an experienced RPGer and long-time comic book fan but with no experience with the Marvel Heroic Roleplay, I'm interested. I do have a superhero name and character concept.
Dec 9, 2018 2:47 pm
Love to have you. And with that, I think we're full, including the others who have already been invited. Still, let me know if you're interested and haven't talked to me yet, just in case a spot opens up.
Last edited May 24, 2019 7:48 pm
May 24, 2019 7:49 pm
We're now looking for one player. We have three control-based characters. If you're interested, send me a PM with the type of character you're interested in playing, and we'll get you set up.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.