Crazy Zweihander Project

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 24, 2018 2:20 am
Over the past few years ever since I got into RPG’s the idea of incredibly large groups has always interested me and with this concept in mind the end goal is to create an entire player run community with either a single or small group of Gm’s and Referees to adjudicate rules and control NPC’s. Basically I want to try emulate the kind of storytelling that one gets with large event larps where players interact with other players to create an interesting stories as well as having world events affect the community, but instead using a traditional roleplaying game for the system.

I understand that to make this kind of game work requires a lot of attention and I am willing to put that in. It also requires the right ruleset at the moment I am quite strongly attached to using Zweihander (an admittedly crunchy but adaptable warhammer 2E retroclone their description not mine). My questions to you guys are as follows

1. Is there interest for players in this kind of large form game?
2. Are there any pitfalls from other peoples attempts at this kind of concept that I should be aware of if this is attempted?
3. How can I organise forums in order to make this inevitable hot mess a tad more easily accessible?
4. How should refereeing the interactions between players be handled?

I also want to make it clear that if there is interest in this idea the game wont just be about dungeon crawling but there will be politics, trade and religious conflict so there are many avenues that players can direct their ambitions

As far as the world is concerned I was thinking about having the setting focus on the players being a part of a small colony establishing itself in a fantasy new world after being banished from the old world. The world will be dangerous as many awful creatures and savage tribes inhabit the region but there will be other colonies the players can trade with and travel to.

All advice is welcome and I am fully aware that if this were to go ahead it would an insane responsibility. I plan to start this with 12-16 players with the possibility of adding more if enough people are interested in playing and/or helping.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.