Greetings

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 24, 2018 9:13 pm
So where do I start? Well let's see, I have been pen and paper gaming for nearly a decade at this point (am I really that old? *shakes head*). I was introduced to it at university by a friend who showed me World of Darkness and VtR and ran me my first game and from the moment I firebombed an Ordo Dracul in a shed and successfully held the door on him while he burned, I was hooked. Since then I have ventured out into the other WoD lines, most noticeably WtF and CtL (something about MtA never clicked for me, heresy I know.) During that time, I made my first wobbly steps as a baby GM and found that I enjoyed that just as much, if not more than playing.

In more recent years, I have been branching out in a big way eager to try new systems. Most noticeably up to this point I have given Shadowrun and DnD 5e a shot. I have a deep love for the fluff of Shadowrun but the crunch is nightmarish and prohibitive as far as I am concerned. I will also say that I know now why DnD is considered the jewel in the crown of tabletop rpgs. In the last few months, I have begun to look over Call of Cthluthu 7e and Legend of the Five Rings (L5R). From the standpoint of their sourcebooks, I must say both have left me very impressed with the artwork and the amount of detail they cover.

I have found my usual PbP forum (which shall remain nameless, I'm not here to covert anyone *looks meaningfully at the forum rules*) while full of amazing people it has a very small group of core posters that isn't growing any larger. Since pretty much all of them are at a point where they can't take on any more games or are only interested in World of Darkness, I thought it might be a good time to branch out so to speak. So here we are.

At the moment, while I never say no to World of Darkness, I would be most interested in a DnD 5e or L5R. I am also happy to run games but it has been a number of years since I have played so if there is anyone that has more experience in either setting that has the time to run something or an existing game I could join, that would be brilliant.

I have rambled on a bit more than I intended but I will sign off by saying I am very excited to be here and for those of you that celebrate it, Merry Christmas and for those of you that don't Happy Holidays from the land down under!
Last edited December 24, 2018 9:16 pm
Dec 24, 2018 9:15 pm
Welcome!
Dec 24, 2018 9:16 pm
Welcome!
Dec 24, 2018 9:35 pm
Thanks, its good to be here. I'll dive in a bit more deeply today while everyone else is in a food coma.
Dec 25, 2018 1:31 am
Welcome Whistler. Some WoD gets played here... I'm running a classic Vampire game that is transitioning from Victorian Age to modern Chicago (as from the Kickstarter, but sticking with 3e/4e ruleset). I ran a CtL IRL campaign for 2 years. I'm currently working on porting MtA to a magic school game based on Narnia lore.

Which L5R edition are you interested in? I tried 4e here a while ago but the GM got busy and had to shelve it. I've downloaded 5e but the new dice are going to be a problem here - I suppose we can just roll dice and lookup the conversion.
Dec 25, 2018 1:38 am
Well normally CtL, VtR and WtF tend to be my bread and butter so to speak. OWoD has never had a huge amount of appeal for me, if I am being honest and MtA has never really clicked for me but who knows maybe I have never played in the right kind of game? I have to say adopting the system for Narina lore does sound like something I would be interested in reading more about. As for L5R, I have the complete collection of 4e books but haven't had the funds to upgrade to 5e, though I plan to do so as soon as possible since I have heard good things about it and the release of Emerald Empire in the new edition bodes well. I did have a few ideas for a L5R 4e campaign, mostly revolving around Naishou Province but it would be uncharted territory for me.
Dec 30, 2018 8:05 pm
Just a random question, do you guys have a general OOC chat board where everyone gets together just to chat? Not necessarily about games but just about whatever random stuff people want to talk about?
Dec 30, 2018 8:13 pm
I am sadly limited to 1st to 3rd edition of L5R.

Yes, I always include on OOC section in my games that players can use to discuss anything. It doesn't necessarily get used like that often, but it is my intention when making such OOC threads.
Dec 30, 2018 8:25 pm
Whistler says:
Just a random question, do you guys have a general OOC chat board where everyone gets together just to chat? Not necessarily about games but just about whatever random stuff people want to talk about?
Theres a Discord channel for GP where a lot of people hang out and chat about pretty much anything of interest really, can sign up here if you're interested
Dec 30, 2018 8:34 pm
Thanks guys! I will take a look at the discord.
Dec 31, 2018 9:25 pm
mcneils5 says:
Whistler says:
Theres a Discord channel for GP where a lot of people hang out and chat about pretty much anything of interest really, can sign up here if you're interested
It's telling me that the invite is invalid apparently.
Dec 31, 2018 10:52 pm
Greetings!
Dec 31, 2018 11:00 pm
Whistler says:
mcneils5 says:
Whistler says:
Ack, I had it set to expire after 1 day.....here’s one that shouldn’t expire
Dec 31, 2018 11:31 pm
annex says:
Greetings!
Hello!
mcneils5 says:
Whistler says:
mcneils5 says:
Whistler says:
Ack, I had it set to expire after 1 day.....here’s one that shouldn’t expire
That has worked nicely, thanks :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.