Fate Dice

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 23, 2014 6:31 pm
Someone mentioned a bit ago that Fate Dice would be nice to add to the dice roller. I've seen images of them. Can anyone tell me of any special rules for fate dice, or anything I should know adding them virtually? Or just add um?
Oct 23, 2014 6:46 pm
It was I who requested them. nothing specis its basically a d6 but two faces have a minus sign, two are blank, and two have a plus sign. It can be simulated with a d6 roll but I thought a graphical representation would be clearer for fudge/fate games. Plus more features yay.
Oct 23, 2014 6:51 pm
Alrighty, added to the feature list. Are fate dice used along with standard dice, or on their own? Trying to figure out how/where to place them.
Oct 23, 2014 6:58 pm
just on there own. Basically in fate games you have a skill rated with a word like so

Gun: Average

It is assumed you will mostly always shoot at skill level. You roll a number of fate dice, for each net plus it goes up a level, for each net negative it goes down. Blanks have no effect. So if I rolled 4 fate dice and scored two pluses, one blank, and one negative, I would shoot one level higher, which might be skilled (or whatever the actual skill levels are called)
Last edited October 23, 2014 6:58 pm
Oct 23, 2014 7:04 pm
Ok, I'll add a separate section like SWEOTE.
Oct 24, 2014 4:03 am
Shakka would probably also enjoy them being here, as she enjoys the dresden games.
Oct 24, 2014 10:12 am
Which is the primary reason I want fate dice added :)
Oct 24, 2014 11:55 am
Heh, I told DeusMalum you guys were talking about Dresden. He's a super big fan of the book series (I like it too, at more normal human levels), and he was interested in running Dresden, maybe.
Oct 24, 2014 2:19 pm
Well I hope he does as I would absolutely get in on that.
Nov 10, 2014 9:51 pm
YAY! Fate Dice. They seem to be working as expected. The output looks good and they appear to be rolling at statistics would dictate.
Nov 10, 2014 10:26 pm
Ninja addition for now, as I haven't added it to the forums yet.
Nov 11, 2014 12:34 pm
Love the graphical readout much better. Was going to suggest that but didn't know if you wanted to go that direction.
Nov 11, 2014 3:41 pm
You mean the visual plus and minus? Yah, def, the dice have faces, should show them. Were it possible to do with random dice strings for basic dice, I'd do it there too.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.