Making the site more mobile friendly?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 25, 2015 11:21 am
I'm really enjoying the games I've been playing here over the past months, and I am in eternal awe and respect of Keleth and the great job he has done and continues to do.

Now, I'm finding myself accesing the site more and more from my mobile phone, (Chrome on an Android Jellybean phone) and it's possible to use the site, but quite ... fiddly. Lots of zooming in or precision clicking, text boxes and buttons hard to manage etc. So I'm wondering if other people would also like to see a more mobile-friendly site, and how much work it would mean for Keleth.
Sep 25, 2015 12:36 pm
To make it actually mobile friendly would require a full redesign, something I don't have the skills to do. I really do want to make it mobile friendly, but I'd need to hire a team to do it, and it would cost me easily 5k (probably more). Actually implementing the design would be a minimum of 120 hours, minimum,ehich at my current rate is 6 to 10 weeks. I was hoping the team I hired a bit ago would help me get part way there, but I got screwed by them, getting designs that are just barely usable.
Sep 25, 2015 3:00 pm
I was thinking the same thing but figure it was expensive also.

Usaully the only thing i have troubke doing with my iphone 6+ is highlighting a line. It is sucha pain in the ass. However i am just dealing with it.

Maybe a Kickstarter for an app? :-)
Sep 25, 2015 3:17 pm
I've considered it, but I'd need a lot of money for something not too many people would be into, heh.

I know how to do site design (the current site is my own design after all), but there's a lot that goes into making it responsive. Short of finding a generous company, I think it'll be mostly about making sure more people are coming to the site (we're averaging 400 daily hits a day, about 250 users), and active users using my referral links when possible. I'm working on coming up with benefits to donating as well (similar to Patreon, but directly through me, so that we don't get the loss from the Patreon cut).
Oct 3, 2015 1:11 pm
The most tricky thing, which may be a quick fix (I don't know, I'm no expert) is the black edit boxes overlap the format buttons on small screen such as iPhone. If the format buttons were at the bottom of the text box it may be easier.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.