Interest Check: Alt Wild West, Homebrew

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 5, 2019 8:02 pm
Hello, all!

I'm wondering if anyone wants to join a game set in the Old West, sort of. The setting is inspired by "Dogs in the Vineyard" from Lumpley Games, but I'm open to variation, and we'll be using a homebrew system I'm working on. The big thing I want to keep is the concept of a ragtag crew going on missions through the settlements, sent out by the local religious leaders (whether the adventurers are cool with it or not).

Big things to know:
*I'll be open to system feedback during this process.
*This is meant to be a story-heavy game.
*Supernatural powers do exist in this world, and religion (or lack thereof) is a driving force.
*I would love to build this to the point where different crews go on different missions (in different threads), meaning if we get more than 4 interested parties, I'm game.
*Posting would be expected once per week once the story gets rolling.

As for myself, I've been gaming half my life and I love telling stories. I'm a teacher by trade, so I get that schedules can be weird (including mine), but I also think this could be fun. I tried a game of "Dogs in the Vineyard" about a year ago, and the story was fantastic, but life got in the way, and there are WAY too many dice in that system for it to work in a PBP setting.

If you need more info, let me know, and if you'd be interested, let me know that, too! I'll set up a game if there are 4 people in. Thanks, all!
Jan 5, 2019 8:22 pm
Sounds interesting. I wanted to start a Shotguns N' Saddles game a while back, but failed to get enough players... I do have a wild west itch I need to scratch...
Jan 5, 2019 10:00 pm
I'm interested, both in all things wild west and homebrew systems. I ran a weird west game of The Strange here called The Strange West, which was a lot of fun.

Disclaimer: I'm in a metric poo ton of games, and while I feel that I have capacity to take on more, if demand exceeds supply, please don't hesitate to take others first. I don't want to hog.
Jan 5, 2019 10:06 pm
Kalajel, glad to hear it!

Qralloq, no worries! So far this thread is the only place that's expressed any interest, and again. If we have a lot of players, We can send out multiple missions.
Jan 7, 2019 1:28 am
There appears to be enough interest to run this, between existing and new forum members. The game is called "Manifest Destiny" and uses a custom setting/sheet. Thanks!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.