Sword Coast Legends

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 26, 2015 6:27 am
Anyone in the GP community playing during the head start or planning to get in when it launches?
Sep 26, 2015 1:14 pm
I'm very interested, but I'm gonna have to see how much it'll cost + what people think of me. Other than DDO, no PnP RPG game has done well as an MMO/MMO style, so I'm weary.
Sep 26, 2015 5:16 pm
So far it seems to do a good job emulating the old school isometric crpgs of old but with modern 5e elements. The Dungeon crawls I've joined up with have been pretty fun, so if the single player campaign is fun at all it'll have been worth it
Sep 26, 2015 6:57 pm
Aside from the D&D5 rules, how is it different from Neverwinter Nights?
Sep 26, 2015 11:47 pm
Camera angle is more like Baldur's gate, but you can rotate and zoom a bit. I'm not sure about the single player campaign yet, but I don't think it will be as open world ad the neverwinter nights games.
I haven't played with it much yet, but the editor for making your own content is one of the big features as is the ability to 'DM' for a party of players and add monsters/traps on the fly.
Sep 28, 2015 4:26 am
Well, I'm pretty likely to give it a try, because the feature set sounds significantly like Neverwinter Nights. I had a lot of fun DMing games for players in Neverwinter Nights years ago; I'm sure I'll enjoy doing it with this, too.
Last edited September 28, 2015 4:26 am
Sep 28, 2015 4:33 am
Well it drops Tuesday for the masses. Let me know if you end up picking it up, would be fun to try it out.
Sep 28, 2015 3:41 pm
Lame! Well hopefully they'll use this extra time to iron out as many wrinkles as they can before the DO launch it.
Oct 9, 2015 3:26 pm
I pre-purchased the game -- with multiple copies -- hoping it could give me an interesting platform to play computer DnD with my two boys. I'm a little underwhelmed with it. In some cases it seems really in line with D&D 5E and in other cases, it seems like there's been a simplification of the rules, diminishing some of that flavor. It looks pretty and plays pretty reliably (the camera can be a bit tetchy), but I'm not sure this is truly an awesome successor to NWN. I'll know more once I've played with the DM options, but I'd recommend people observe and (hopefully) try a demo before committing.
Oct 9, 2015 4:41 pm
Yah, as much as I'd want the preorder discount, I'm not sold on it yet. Maybe if it looks good but not great, I'll Kinguin it. I really should figure out how legal Kinguin is, and maybe see if I can get a referral code through them.
Oct 9, 2015 6:24 pm
It looks interesting, but the big issue for me is if I can run it. I'm on a MacBook Pro 2015, which has a stupid integrated graphics card. They've announced Mac Support, and have discussed on forums the prospects and efforts to make it run on macs like mine; however I haven't seen an official min specs for Mac. Until I do, and in fact unless there's a demo so I can test stability on my particular machine, I'm afraid I'll just have to continue being happy with indie games that offer good mac support (which, honestly, hasn't been a bad thing. I've been loving Crawl and I may not have looked at it had other options been available to me).
Oct 9, 2015 6:34 pm
spaceseeker19 says:
Well, I'm pretty likely to give it a try, because the feature set sounds significantly like Neverwinter Nights. I had a lot of fun DMing games for players in Neverwinter Nights years ago; I'm sure I'll enjoy doing it with this, too.
I played Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2, and this game is nothing like it. It's more like Neverwinter the MMO. You can't custom build locations. You have to pick pre-made areas and fill it pre-made objects and templates. No scripting or intricate dialogs, limited triggers and options. That was a few weeks ago though.

Now, with all that being said, its more versatile then Neverwinter MMO. Basically the biggest complaint about the game at this point is it is nothing like Neverwinter Nights, and people thought it was going to be. It IS FUN to play though to be honest. Jumping in a group quick and easy for random modules and adventures can be fun (or terrible) if you get the right people.
Last edited October 9, 2015 6:36 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.