Looking for players: The Ice Saga (onedice system)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 11, 2019 12:49 am
I am looking for players for a campaign I have been working on. I only actually need 1 player willing to take on the role of a noble's son to begin the game but it would work best with 4-5 players with a max of 6.

The world will be created as the game progresses and player feedback and suggestions will be used to help create it especially in the different cultures that their PC come from. I am hoping that together we can build a exiting world to adventure in.

I am using the onedice system which is rules light for I want to focus on interparty roleplay dynamics and the story arcs. One advantage of using the onedice system is that the free onedice quickstart on drivetrhurpg is sufficient to understand the rules.

Just a little about me is that I have been rpging for almost 40 years and have even playtested for a couple rpg games.

Here is the description of the game:

In the Northern Reaches of Illaryn unrest has begun. The elves and dwarves have mostly retreated to their kingdoms. In the human lands the war is brewing. The Duke of WestMarch concerned for his king looks for answers and alliances. It is at this time that one of the Mysterious Seers has come with a prophecy and seeking out those called to complete it.

This game will explore fantasy tropes including quests, good vs. evil, magic, coming of age, romance, and various races and their cultures.
As players you will also collaborate with me to flesh out the world as we go.

One little extra is that this adventure starts 500 years after an Elven Civil War which saw the Moon elves (now Dark elves) driven from the surface.

As of right now I need these races and professions:
Human male noble (profession TBD) (Position filled)
Dwarf (profession TBD)
Elf (profession fighter, thief or assassin)
These professions will be needed
Fighter
Cleric (position filled)
thief/assassin
Wizard

My hope is that players can post at least 3 times a week to keep the story moving but give allowances for real life.
Let me know if you are interested and check out the game details.
Last edited January 11, 2019 4:37 pm
Jan 11, 2019 9:46 am
This sounds like fun. Count me in. Would it hurt the narrative at all for the Human Noble to be a cleric or cleric/fighter?
Jan 11, 2019 4:00 pm
I can make it work. Actually I have some ideas that may even enhance the story because of it. Since you are going to be the fourth son of the noble and one not considered the one who will inherit your Fathers landit would make sense that you were sent into a clerical order.

Creating a cleric/fighter is easy in oncedice in that you choose the cleric profession and then choose more combat skills while making him.

I have not worked out much in the way of the Gods except that they are essentially divided into two categories the Gods of light and the Dark Gods. In this way their is a common faith between the elves, humans, and dwarves as they all worship the Gods of light even if they focus on different ones.

You would be able to work with me in setting up how religion works in the world. I hope that is part of the fun in this game in that the players will have input into the world.
Jan 11, 2019 4:21 pm
Okay. I may just do a cleric, depending on how the party gets filled out.
Can't wait to see how everything plays out.
Jan 11, 2019 4:36 pm
Since the human noble position has been filled this game will be a go. If you wanted to play a noble it is still possible if you want to be a knight.
Jan 13, 2019 6:50 pm
OK the game has gone live today. It is still open and there are 3 PC slots available:

Human Wizard
Human thief
Dwarven fighter
One position that is flexible but must be filled before the party set out for its adventure.
Jan 13, 2019 6:53 pm
I'm interested, in the human thief slot in particular, or the Elven assassin if that works for the flexible slot.
Jan 13, 2019 7:18 pm
I sent you pm but I go human thief or even assassin. The onedice system is fairly open and flexible. You choose your profession then it is open for a variety of skillsets.
Jan 13, 2019 7:53 pm
Ok two positions to go:

Dwarven fighter
Human wizard
Jan 13, 2019 8:37 pm
I’d be interested in the human wizard. I’ve been thinking for awhile after some D&D 5e PBP attempts that something less structured and free flowing such as FATE Accelerated or the like would make for better PBP story telling and role playing. I looked the one dice system over and it seems to fit that.

If you’ll have me I’d be happy to step into the human wizard role. Let me know!
Jan 13, 2019 8:55 pm
Sounds good I will send you and invite and a PM to get you going.

For anyone else I need a someone for a dwarven fighter and that will fill up all the roles though I can squeeze in one more.
Jan 13, 2019 8:58 pm
If it is still open I would happily jump in as your dwarf fighter! If I was a crotchety, aging, matronly, veteran, granny, would that work? I gotta look over the system still but if it is simple I would love to help tell a story if you would have me :)
Last edited January 13, 2019 9:01 pm
Jan 13, 2019 9:04 pm
That would work I will send you an invite and then a PM to get you going.

Looks like all the roles I needed are filled.
I can get one more if need be but that will definitely fill it.
Jan 13, 2019 9:08 pm
I see from the game page that you've been sent am invite, UncleCreepy. Just so you know how that works, you can either click the link in the notification email you will receive, or go to the game page and Accept there.
Jan 13, 2019 9:50 pm
Awesome, thanks for the help! Picked up the invite and answering the PM shortly!
Last edited January 13, 2019 9:53 pm
Jan 13, 2019 11:41 pm
I sent a PM to start discussion about a PC.
Jan 14, 2019 10:33 pm
Did you get enough people for this?
Mar 2, 2019 10:04 pm
I'm a big fan of One Dice and have tinkered with it a lot. If you need any extras, I'd love to join!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.