Console.Write("Hello World!");

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 12, 2019 1:23 am
Hello everyone! So the first thing I'd like to cover is the fact that I am new to TTRPGs. New as in, brand spankin' new.

I've always idolized D&D players and I've always wanted to become a D&D player. However, me being the antisocial guy that I am, I've always been afraid to go out and interact with people and play a game. That being said, I don't even know most of the rules of any table top games.

As you can probably tell by the thread's title, I enjoy programming. Plot twist, I'm not even very good at it, but it's still pretty fun.

I'm an IT Technician and love playing with servers and workstations. I know this isn't much of an introduction, but I'm not too good with my words.

Anyway, hello!
Jan 12, 2019 1:35 am
Welcome, Bartender. You're not the first person with little or no knowledge to join the site seeking to learn. Best bet would be to watch some actual play videos on YouTube, so you can get used to the lingo and other basics, then lol for a game here. Be open about having little experience, and many DMs will coach you.

It's no big mystery. We're basically just talking collaborative stories together while following some rules to keep the actions bound.
Jan 12, 2019 3:07 am
Welcome! You’ll get the hang of it for sure
Jan 12, 2019 5:26 am
Welcome to the community!
Jan 12, 2019 8:02 pm
Hello and welcome!
Jan 13, 2019 4:07 am
Welcome, Bartender, from another IT guy (front end developer). You'll find the people on Gamer's Plane are very helpful to those who are new at RPGs.

Here's a direct link to the New GP Member Guide.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.