New Systems

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 25, 2019 9:11 pm
So, I am very familiar with all of the DnD systems, but I'd like to learn some new systems. Are there any beginner games going on?
Jan 25, 2019 10:51 pm
I was just pondering starting another game cuz I have too much free time at work. Anything specific you want to learn?
Jan 25, 2019 10:52 pm
I would be up for trying something new if you two need other players.
Jan 25, 2019 11:20 pm
Okay, so just throwing a few things out there for breadth more than anything.

I haven't run Active Exploits in a while. It's a diceless wagering system, easiest way to put it.
I'm always down for Trail of Cthulu. It uses GUMSHOE, and it very dice light.
I'm not real big on Vampires but WoD's Mirrors lets you do horror in a lot of different genres, and I could easily do something in that vein.
OVA can emulate more than a few genres, it's built for anime.
Cypher can handle a lot, lets the players roll all the dice. It IS a d20 system, it's just very, very shy about it.
I could run fantasy, modern fantasy, or sci-fi with AGE. Best for small groups.
Verge is a game about a city on the edge of chaos, very story-based.
DungeonWorld is based on Apocalypse World, and plays like a very fast-paced d20 game.
I've been wanting to run Symbaroum, but never have, Would be learning for all of us.
Zero Protocol is 1980s espionage.
Last edited January 25, 2019 11:33 pm
Jan 25, 2019 11:43 pm
I would be up for anything, as I would just be tagging along to you as the GM and blacknight as the one making the main request I will leave it up to you. Symbaroum does sound very interesting I will say.
Jan 26, 2019 12:10 am
My docket is a little full at the moment, but I just wanted to stop by to say, you're awesome, Falconloft. Thanks for running games!
Jan 26, 2019 1:46 am
I ran a Symbaroum game here last year; it is such an awesome setting but the system is meh. I'm currently running Fantasy AGE for a sword v planet game. Cypher is my favourite system for PBP - rules light but still hugely varied characters.
Jan 26, 2019 2:55 am
Oh man, I miss Dungeon World!
Jan 26, 2019 4:12 am
I want to chime in, Falcon, and say that horror games are amazing and Trails is amazing and that I'd definitely play it. And a few others of that list as well, but Cthulhu is so awesome and it's so easier to set a tone writing(i.e through PbP) instead of orally(i.e actually playing it)!

And it's also very easy for new people!

(But like, no pressure)
Last edited January 26, 2019 5:13 am
Jan 26, 2019 4:40 am
I'm surprised you aren't advertising your void age game here Falconloft :P
Jan 26, 2019 5:00 am
I've been a huge Lovecraft fan since I was 12 and started reading his stories. Any kind of Cthulhu game would interest me. If you are a careful reader you might notice that my writing style is more early 20th century rather than early 21st century. In his own words, the opening to the Call of Cthulhu says, "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far."

Well, I believe all of us on this site voyage very far indeed and there is no better way to travel than in his shoes despite the fact they are soiled by unsavory political views, but we all have to remember those are 100 year old views.
Jan 26, 2019 5:21 am
I’ll try anything. Just send me an invite.
Jan 26, 2019 7:21 am
I would, somebox, but it's d20. XD
Jan 26, 2019 7:23 am
Looks like Trail of Cthulu is up then. Give me a bit to write up a synopsis, and I'll get us started.
Jan 26, 2019 4:15 pm
I can do a World of Dungeons (think Moldavy Basic in Dungeon World) if anyone is inclined.

A World of Crawls
Last edited January 26, 2019 4:17 pm
Jan 26, 2019 5:38 pm
Trail of Cthulu sounds like a great idea as a total shift from the standard DND experience! Looking forward to it and tahnks Falconloft!
Jan 26, 2019 6:00 pm
Speaking of new system do we have a Dungeon World category yet, character sheets?
Jan 26, 2019 6:18 pm
No DW character sheets yet. In the past we have used the Custom sheets (example).
Jan 26, 2019 7:02 pm
Okay, so I've got several different settings inside ToC to choose from. I need feedback so I know which one to prep.

1) Standard 1920's Purist Cthulhu. You rarely survive, but the slide into insanity is fun.
2) 1930's The Mundaneum. It's a library with the goal of storing ALL human knowledge. Including the type that's not meant to be known, yes. More of a pulp feel to this one. You'll survive longer and can fight back to some extent.
3) Date Unknown. You wake up on a dead starship. The longer you're awake, the more you hope it's really completely dead.

P.S. As soon as the server lets me create a game, I'll invite everyone and we can discuss there since this thread might be one that's useful for other people since there's a growing list of available games.
Last edited January 26, 2019 7:08 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.