Kinda Stuck

Jan 30, 2019 11:00 pm
Hey so my mind's a bit blank on how to continue on from one of my last IRL games.

So my IRL Game has started recording for a play podcast. The first 2 recordings went well we thought but now im a bit stuck with what to do next.

I know what the overall story arch would be focused on. One of the Titan 'gods' daughter has been kidnaped and locked away, she was the one who helped with most of the agriculture and farms and such. so now the farms and produce are slowly not growing as bountfully as they used to and such yadda yadda yadda..

But heres what i did. Ep1 Players are in a dreamscape made because goddess stuff said so. Went to this by invitation party of this noble running one of the major-minor cities. mainly here for "daughter's" b-day. boring exposition girl is kidnapped and tooken by 3 bandits. pc's catch up, threaten to kill, attempt to kill while defending from party. she lives, they run 2/3 ded bandits.
End of episode, they wake up realize was dream.

Ep2. Players wake up from whatever they were doing (sailing, eating, traveling, whatever..) go to said town. meet up have the "hey were you in my dream" speech go to party COMPLETELY Different party, not birthday but celebration. Govenor dude isn't completly crazy and theres people that wern't there before. party happens goes off with almost no hitch and then BAM! party building starts filling up with fog/smoke, it clears Govenor/mayor guy ded. family ok.

Now My problem is I don't really know where to go from there. some ideas or direction could be most helpfull
Party layout. 5 - lvl 3's
Goliath - bard (sword)
Tabaxi - rouge(scout)
Tabaxi - paladin(crown?)
changeling - sorcerer(divine)
Changeling - figher(monster hunter)
Jan 30, 2019 11:53 pm
Interesting. Ask yourself, who killed the Mayor, and why. Did he know something? Was he investigating a thing that will lead to the next clue?

Maybe the Mayor was interested in collecting tablets of a certain prophecy, or when compete might reveal instructions on how to go to the Titan realm. So the BBEG is trying to close that door preemptively.
Jan 31, 2019 12:29 am
I like that, my brain said because he mayor, tax, etc. but i do have a bad guy guild running about maybe i could tie them into it... :thinking_face:

Also titan gods are present in the world walking about and such.
Last edited January 31, 2019 12:30 am
Jan 31, 2019 12:43 am
Or, just hear me out, the mayor faked his own murder for some reason. Perhaps he knew the bad guys were after him and if they thought he was dead, it would give him more freedom to investigate them without putting himself in danger, or maybe he was part of the bad guys all along... DUN, DUN, DUN!
Mar 12, 2019 8:47 pm
I like the idea he's not dead. I also like the kidnapped daughter theme. Maybe he's dead and now his daughter takes his place as the mayor. Instead of the daughter being stolen (as per the dream) the daughter is stealing her father's reputation and prestige.

I love your dream sequence idea. You have a way to give the player's quests wherever they are!
Mar 12, 2019 9:03 pm
Thanks for all the ideas :)

What i've done is im going to play as the mayor is one of the bbeg's (somewhere). I've had the PC's "arrested" and were under the idea of the PC's could have done it. and had them being transported towards the capital. where they were ambushed by a group of fanatics against the guards. the fanatics are part of a religious sect. (they had the vision/dream to help out (PC-Sorc) before he got shipped to the capital. So far i'm not stuck yet. but i feel like i might be so i'll keep the vague updates on here so incase you guys end up listenting to the podcast you don't have all the information :)

Thanks again !!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.