'Advance' button doesn't keep selection.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 2, 2015 3:08 pm
When you start writing a quick post in a forum and then need to click 'Advance' so you can add rolls to the post, it doesn't keep the selection of the character you are posting as. So I will select that I want this post to be from "Such and Such". Then I realize I need to roll some dice with this post and I hit 'Advanced'. It still has the text that I was writing in the post. That carries over just fine. But the drop down for character is reset to 'Player'. This has caused a number of posting as the wrong person and having to go back to change it.
Oct 2, 2015 3:56 pm
I will chime in on this one, as I've posted many times as "Player" rather than as my character.

I haven't reported it myself, because in my mind it's not broken, just inconvenient. I can select which to use from the pull-down after I go to Advanced, and I can edit (and have) a post to correct who I've posted as after I've posted it originally - but it is behavior contrary to my expectations. More of a "weird UI" thing than something actually broken. I've learned to make do by double-checking the page after I click "Post;" more often than not when I've had to roll, I've had to correct who was posting.

It's primarily an issue because, as a user, I do expect my selection to persist from the basic reply to the advanced reply, since everything else does. So I agree: it would be a great enhancement to get the pull-down selection to persist, just as PhantomNimbus suggests.
Oct 2, 2015 4:04 pm
Testing note: editing an existing post brings the user to the advanced screen, and in that flow, the pull down selection "Post as" persists. The only case I've seen where it doesn't persist is the initial "Quick Reply" where the user selects an item other than "Player" and then clicks on the Advanced button.
Oct 2, 2015 4:21 pm
You got it. The char selection feature is somewhat recent to GP (much newer than "Advanced" post), and I neglected to add the char selection to it. I will do so.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.