Hello from Wisconsin

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 25, 2019 4:30 pm
Hello all,

I am an old Player and DM (D&D 1st & 2nd editions [Forgotten Realms and Raveloft]) trying to play more regularly again. Currently, I play with an in-person group at my office but I cannot always make the sessions each week.

I have always been interested in trying Play by Post as I have plenty of time late at night (read: after my three kids 5 and under are asleep) for gaming as I have an idea for a Homebrew campaign that I would like to eventually DM through PbP.

However, before I get back to DMing, I would like to find a group for D&D 5e as a player to get a feel for the mechanics of playing PbP and how it plays versus the in-person sessions I am used too.

Looking forward to meeting you all,

- Lanacan
Feb 25, 2019 4:44 pm
Welcome to GP!
Feb 25, 2019 5:27 pm
Welcome to the community, Lanacan! Plenty of grey-beards and new blood alike on the site! You'll fit right in! PbP is way slower than your average in-person game, but the opportunity for rich roleplay and description is very rewarding! I hope you find a game soon, and looking forward to your homebrew game as well!
Last edited February 25, 2019 6:45 pm
Feb 25, 2019 6:27 pm
Welcome! Great community here and always welcoming! Have fun!
Feb 25, 2019 7:02 pm
Good to meet you!
Feb 25, 2019 8:39 pm
Welcome Lanacan!
Feb 25, 2019 8:41 pm
Hail from the land of cheese, beer, and sausage! I live in NC now, but moved here from the Badger State 10 years ago (born and raised in "The Only Waunakee in World.")
Feb 25, 2019 11:09 pm
Airickson says:
Hail from the land of cheese, beer, and sausage! I live in NC now, but moved here from the Badger State 10 years ago (born and raised in "The Only Waunakee in World.")
I currently live in Neenah, moved from Milwaukee are but originally from Lake Geneva area.
Feb 25, 2019 11:48 pm
Hello and welcome!
Feb 26, 2019 3:35 am
Hey Lanacan!! I'm from Wild Rose, WI, but have family in Neenah!!
Feb 26, 2019 12:28 pm
Avenger says:
Hey Lanacan!! I'm from Wild Rose, WI, but have family in Neenah!!
Nice!
Feb 27, 2019 3:42 am
Welcome from another old-time gamer!
Feb 27, 2019 4:27 am
Welcome!
Mar 4, 2019 11:43 pm
Welcome!

I'm impressed with your endurance. After my kids go to sleep, I do too. Sometimes before. :)
Mar 5, 2019 1:52 pm
marithyme says:
Welcome!

I'm impressed with your endurance. After my kids go to sleep, I do too. Sometimes before. :)
Yeah I am too, but it is the only way I can get somethings done!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.