Episode 1.1 - Bpfassh

Oct 9, 2015 12:43 am
(OOC: If you haven't updated your character with the 20xp awarded for E1.0, read this post and get yer XP now.)

Landfall on Bpfassh was swift and rough, though not especially difficult for Mado. The spaceport was currently on the night side of the planet, and experiencing a moderate dust storm. In spite of the shields, the fine silt and sand bounced from the hull audibly. In fact, the ship practically hissed and sang with it.

As the Turtle had offloaded their cargo at Svivren and hadn't taken any aboard, there was little to do after landing other than arrange for refueling the ship. And perhaps run a purge cycle on the engines to clear out the dust.

A weatherbeaten protocol droid approached the ship, its chest prominently emblazoned with the Bpfasshi Spaceport Authority logo.
Oct 9, 2015 8:50 pm
As the ramp drops, Khan steps out and surveys the area for any potencial threats before the Doc gets off the ship.

Rolls

Perception

2 Success

Total: 2 Success

Oct 10, 2015 12:49 pm
The only threat Khan spots is the oily silt that seems to cover the droid. If it touched you, the mess probably wouldn't wash out of your clothes for ages. The droid is operational but looks ancient and in disrepair.
Oct 10, 2015 3:53 pm
Wuc'vulog joins Khan, frowning at the oily droid. "You there, what's the protocol? We need to talk to someone to park our ship here?"

He walks past the droid and eyes the dust storm. His extra eyelashes furled against the dust. He turns back to Khan and claps him roughly on the shoulder. "Just like home!"
Oct 13, 2015 10:59 pm
The droid staggers several paces closer and swivels its torso to follow Wuc'vulog's movements. A peculiar grinding noise sounds, transitions to static for a brief second, then finally the droid's vocabulator activates.

"... yyyy-YES. The customary docking fee is 1,500 credi-tssss per day, not including fu-ellllll, waste disposal, mainten-nnnnnance, or other ssservices. If you would care to make a deposit no lesssss than 1,500 credits, you may stay and take ccc-care of your business. Otherwise, you will hAave toooo ... leave."

(OOC: anyone witnessing the conversation is free to make a Streetwise check.)
Oct 15, 2015 2:25 pm
Looking to Wuc'volog with an eyebrow raised, Khan chuckles. "My home is completely covered in water. The entire planet is one big ocean." After glancing at the droid, Khan heads back inside the ship. "I'll ask the Doctor if she's got the fee covered for us. I hope the money we'll make here will be worth it."
Oct 15, 2015 2:34 pm
Wuc'vulog looks suspiciously at the droid, casually fingering his blaster. "You okay, friend? You look like you just crawled off the scrap heap."

Rolls

Streetwise - is 1500 a scam?

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Oct 15, 2015 2:59 pm
As the others barter with the droid I step off the ship and casually survey the area. I stretch my limbs, check my equipment and make a point of tasting a bit of the sand.

Rolls

Perception (Mado being weird)

2 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 2 Advantage

Oct 16, 2015 1:26 am
Wuc'vulog – your gut tells you that the droid's price is either high, or its scamming you. (More on the triumph momentarily.)

Mado – the sand tastes mostly normal, but you cannot detect traces of any solvents, fuels, or the chemicals you'd expect near a landing pad or spaceport. Because you were paying attention, you spot the figure in the distance first.

A human in a gray jumpsuit with a Bpfasshi Spaceport Authority patch on his shoulder approaches quickly. His expression is irritated, but you can't here what he's yelling till he just about arrives at the Turtle. In his left hand is a hydrospanner, and his right is stretched out in a clear "wait!" gesture. As he reaches the ship, he about doubles over gasping.

"Wait! Don't pay B1-G1 here! B1 hasn't worked for the spaceport authority for almost 40 cycles, and was fired for graft and hacking spaceport operations. You're actually on an emergency landing pad, almost 250 meters from the rest of the spaceport."

At this B1-G1 hastily rotates and starts clanking away. "I hate you Cc-Case! You grind mmy gears!"

"I'm pretty certain B1 bribes several beings in the spaceport authority to redirect ships and scam them. Glad I saw you landing, in this storm I just about missed you." Case offers his hand, "I'm Case, a mechanic with the spaceport here."
Oct 16, 2015 4:46 am
"Morning, Case, Wuc'vulog. This is our pilot, Mado. I suppose we need to move to the spaceport proper." Wuc'vulog claps him warmly on the shoulder and eyes the droid. "Why is B1-G1 not wiped and reprogrammed then? He must cut into spaceport profits."
Oct 16, 2015 1:23 pm
I reach out to shake Case's hand, "The pleasure is mine." I take a moment to survey the sky then turn towards the Turtle, "If we need to move, just let me know where to; although it may be prudent to wait out the dust storm." As I near the ship I begin to walk around her, surveying the hull for any damage caused by flying through the storm. While it's unlikely that there's more than scratches and nicks, one can never be too careful - especially if you plan to take a hunk of sealed metal into space. One leak is all it takes.

How does spending force points/using force powers work again? I'm just trying to figure out how I would go about using Sense should I want to.

Rolls

Perception (inspecting the hull, not expertly mind you)

3 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 2 Advantage

Oct 20, 2015 1:19 am
(OOC: Candi, usually you roll your force rating in force dice first, then determine how to spend those points to activate your abilities. There's usually a base cost for the power, then any enhancements on top of that cost. You can reference the specialization sheets on page 36; roll a minimum of 1 point D/L to activate your ability.)

Case smiles genuinely and shakes Mado's hand, and nods at Wuc'vulog.

"Well, B1 helps certain criminal as well as bribable interests. We've never been quite able to expunge its access, so B1's pretty skilled at hacking from the inside," Case shrugged. "It's just as well that B1-G1 is relatively harmless."

Mado's hull inspection doesn't turn up anything worrisome because the sand and grit doesn't appear to be causing damage. At worst it appeared to be dirtying the Turtle, making its paint job look very dingy.

"Y'know, most space vessels have adequate navigational shielding to guard against dust storms like these. We'd need to be in environmental suits before the hull would get damaged," Case offered. "You don't necessarily need to move into the spaceport—it's peaceful out here and is a lot harder for someone to sneak up on you."
Oct 20, 2015 6:26 am
"A benefit I'm very interested in."

Khan steps back out of the Turtle.

"So it looks like docking fees are a no then?"
Oct 20, 2015 7:42 am
I return from my brief, unnecessary inspection, nodding in agreement, "Then perhaps it was to our advantage that B1 tried to scam us.". As I approach Case I feel as if I am coming to know him well. Maybe I have met him before. I know I've never been on Bpfassh, but who can say who you have and haven't crossed paths with in a cantina on a lone moon circling an unnamed planet. I shake the feeling, then look around and see who hasn't disembarked. I hit the communicator, "Looks like we're staying parked here."

I think that's the right die. If I get 1 L/D power, I'm using Sense on Case to sense his current emotional state. If I get 2 L/D the second one will be spent to sense all living things within short range (including sentient and non-sentient beings), because there's nothing else to spend it on ; )

Rolls

Force Power - Sense

2 Black Force Points

Oct 22, 2015 6:11 pm
Seven strolls up to the Spaceport Authority Officer, gestures a thumb at the retreating droid and says, "If you want, it wouldn't take me too long to disassemble it, clean it up and put it back together as a more compliant and trustworthy machine."
Oct 24, 2015 2:13 pm
"Charge? Nah, not if you're friends with Mado." Case grins and winks at Mado, "I guess that makes us even."

With a gesture at the tool in his hand Case gives a half-wave and turns toward the spaceport. "If you want to do something about the droid, I suggest that instead of altering B1 (which would anger its friends) you could try and expunge him permanently from the spaceport's systems. That'd be just as effective, and probably irritate B1 more."

"Call me if you need anything," Case then says his communicator code and waves.

Dr. Eliasen walks out of the cargo bay and approaches Khan. "Valoris, when we treated you in the medbay I used some of my prototype meant for the conference. Since I wasn't able to bring much of the components along, I'd like you to buy the necessary chemicals and drugs I need while we're here. This credstick should have enough to cover the costs." She passes a credstick and a datapad with the list of components to Khan. "This sounds like a safe place, and after the Svivren I think I should lay low for a bit. So I'll stay here with the ship if you'll do the shopping for me. We'll seal up tight and call if anything happens."

"Don't get shot this time, please?" She gives Khan a concerned look, then looks at the others too. "Seriously, please try and keep out of trouble if you can."
Oct 24, 2015 5:12 pm
"The only thing I'm going to promise is these components." Valoris smiles at the doctor. "I'll try not to rush any heavy blasters while we're here."
Oct 25, 2015 9:40 am
"Well," I say to everyone once Case is out of earshot, "Looks like I have met him before. At least it was apparently a good arrangement Case and I had. There's always a risk that when you meet someone you don't remember meeting that there's a good reason you forgot." I smile at the doctor, "Is there anything else you need while we're about?"
Oct 25, 2015 4:49 pm
"That should be a good cover. Remember, we're really here to look for something valuable." Wuc'vulog spies Dr. Eliason looking dubious. He continues, "If we don't find it before the conference, we can deliver the good doctor and return."

Wuc'vulog retrieves the datapad and tries to discern where to begin their search.
Oct 25, 2015 9:26 pm
"This should be a cakewalk. Anything on that list look hard to come by?
Oct 26, 2015 12:18 am
Eliasen frowned at Khan, then cast her eyes across the group several times. "Men! If you're going to get shot up a couple more times you might want to double the quantities. Even then it won't be more than a single pack's load for one of you."

"I don't really need anything else, but yes a few are harder to find."

She borrowed the datapad back from Valoris for a few moments. With a few taps she highlighted three items on the list.

"These three will be the hardest for you to find. Though, with bacta dominating the market I don't think a little kolto should be difficult to come by. These other two aren't restricted, but are more serious stimulants and pharmaceuticals. The main reagent is of my own design, and I've enough of it to last till the conference—"

"Assuming no heroics! Seriously, Valoris, you're really lucky that Wuc'vulog is a good surgeon."
Oct 26, 2015 3:26 am
Valoris looks at the Doctor with a playful smirk. "If I've learned one thing in my life it's never leave a man behind. If no one needs saving, then I've got no reason to be a hero. That said, I may need to invest in a helmet."
Oct 26, 2015 10:22 am
"Shall we get on then?" I start off in the direction Case left in, stopping and looking over Wuc'vulog's shoulder, "I'm not bad at tracking things down... what did you say we were looking for? I'm better at tracking sentient creatures than things, but I've been known to find a thing or two on a lucky day. Of course, most things worth having are things other folks have, and so it's always been a matter of figuring out who has it, and finding them..." I'm clearly starting to ramble at this point.

Two of Mado's skills are Tracking and Researching, which halves the time needed to track/research and removes 1 setback die from such an effort. Tell me what to track/research and I'll give it a whirl!
Last edited October 26, 2015 10:23 am
Oct 27, 2015 1:36 am
Seven jogs to catch up to Mado. "I say we try to find the local Tapcaf that the spacers hang out at. They might know gets shipments of that stuff. A bonus if the bartender can make a decent Tatooine Sunrise..."

Ooc:I've got some points in Underground, if that will help.
Oct 28, 2015 10:15 am
I scratch my chin, turning my mind towards the list of chemicals and reagents, "Maybe we should get the goods for the doctor first. At least then, should things go belly up, we can scram in a hurry without having to go shopping. I've not been here before, but I've been lots of places. The same kinds of scum and villains that can get your hands onto these things are everywhere, and they usually frequent the same kinds of places." I furrow my brow, look over the list again, and start off towards civilization. My mind, and body, focussed intently on the task at hand - scare up some chemicals.

I'm using Intense Focus, suffering 1 strain to upgrade the ability of my check once. Researcher means this will take half the normal time. I figure, in the interest of moving the game on, since Wuc'vlog hasn't shared information about our actual target, we could just trundle along and do the grocery shopping. Here's to hoping I rolled the dice right!

Streetwise (3 Cunning, 0 Ranks) - 3 Green
Difficulty 2 Purple
Intense Focus - Upgrade Ability, turning a green into a yellow?

Rolls

Streetwise for Chemicals

2 Success, 1 Triumph, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 2 Threat, 1 Triumph

Oct 29, 2015 12:06 am
As we head to town, Wuc'vulog relates the secret mission details to the others. "I'll need ask of your skills to accomplish this, so I propose an equal sharing of the reward, after the ships expenses of course."
Oct 29, 2015 4:17 am
A proton pump, eh? I wouldn't mind getting a closer look at that myself. Maybe I can do some research to see if any underworld groups are talking about this thing. I think the first thing to figure out would be if it's someone who stole it to sell it or to study it themselves.

OOC: what kind of difficulty would I have to use Underworld to come up with some possible suspects or interested parties?
Oct 29, 2015 10:28 pm
It only takes about ten minutes of walking to find a vendor selling the requested chemicals and pharmaceuticals. It's lucky your group had Mado around, as with a quick question to a person here and there the search practically concluded itself. The shop is set a little back from the thoroughfare but comes highly recommended.

You find yourselves just outside Madre Mephidag's Medicinals. It's an average looking shop from the outside, but the interior is jammed with every medicinal thing imaginable. There's kolto, bacta, medicinal components, medical droids, and even traditional Zeltron remedies. Things appear organized haphazardly, such that you might struggle to find something but the proprietor would not. Madre Mephidag is a short, middle-aged Zeltron with rose-colored skin and indigo hair. Eccentric for her kind, she is dressed more modestly than any other Zeltron you've seen. Like all Zeltrons she looks familiar, and has that familiar coy smile on her face. As you walk into the shop you instantly feel at ease.

"Welcome gentlemen! I am Madre Mephidag, what can I help you with?"

(OOC: Thrakazog, 2 purple for Underworld if you'd like to find out things like interested parties.)
Oct 30, 2015 11:41 am
I smile, briefly making eye contract with Madre, and then drift my attention towards the haphazardly collected goods and wares, "We need a few items. Reagents, chemicals and the like. I believe Khan has the list. Khan, what did you say we were looking for?"

If I get 1 L power, I'm using Sense to sense Madre's current emotional state. If I get 2 L the second one will be spent to sense all living things within short range (including sentient and non-sentient beings), because there's nothing else to spend it on! As our Destiny pool is very sad, I won't flip any Destiny.
Last edited October 30, 2015 11:41 am

Rolls

Sense!

2 White Force Points

Oct 30, 2015 12:14 pm
Madre is currently curious, and slightly eager in anticipation of something. There are four other beings in the building. One is in a back room, far enough away to be a workshop or living quarters. Another is in the restroom. And two humans are just over there behind the cluster of medical droids, ignoring your group completely because of their argument over if they should grab a traditional remedy or just buy a drug for something.
Oct 31, 2015 3:08 pm
Seven looks around, wonders to himself if this is the kind of place that sells glitterstim.
"Hey, I'm going to hit the refresher while you guys buy our stuff".
Seven then walks over and knocks on the restroom door. "Hey buddy wrap it up. Beings are waiting".
Oct 31, 2015 3:47 pm
Wuc'vulog looks about the establishment, curious as to the local nuances in medical practice. His clinic specialized in Twi'lek preferences, which included a number of questionable treatments meant more to sooth the mind of the patients than be an actual curative. Still, a calm patient was more apt to accept the proper treatment, and so it was quite useful. As he peruses the wares, his memories drift back in time, inevitably to the clinic closing and Poklo'lay leaving him and relocating to Coruscant. 'Someday,' he thought, 'if not today.'
Oct 31, 2015 5:19 pm
Khan hands the Doctor's datapad to Madre. "In addition to the items listed here, I need some fast-acting combat stims."

Khan's picking up some stimpacks for next time he inevitably gets shot.
Nov 3, 2015 1:34 am
As Thrakazog knocks on the restroom door a distinct thrumming rumble indicated that an Ithorian was inside. A second later the synthesized voice of a translator provided, "One moment gentle being. I shall finish presently." After about a minute the door opens and a female Ithorian walks out, and wanders out of the refresher and into the shop.

Madre takes the datapad from Khan and skims the list briefly. "Yes, I have all these things in stock today. I wouldn't be surprised if a former soldier such as yourself got into trouble now and then." She gives Khan a breaming smile that transitions into a knowing smirk. "Combat stims are prepackaged, 25 credits apiece. They're on the rack behind you."

As Madre walks around from behind the counter, she looks down the hall at the back of the shop and raises her voice. "Lissa! Mother needs help with an order." Without awaiting a response, she starts collecting things from the list and placing them into a basket.

"I'm curious, most these things don't make sense to buy unless a medical bay was practically emptied. Did you just acquire a ship with an empty medbay or something?" She asked, not quite sure about the idea.
Nov 3, 2015 8:17 am
After she recognizes Khan's face he pulls up his hood and face scarf. "Ship's medbay got trashed when we had a rough jump. We're having to replace most of it.
Nov 3, 2015 9:06 am
As the others take care of business I start looking through the goods and wares that are strewn about, picking the occasional thing up and inspecting it very curiously before putting it down and becoming fascinated with something else. I hardly notice my sudden awareness of that there are four others here, two arguing about remedies near the droids, the one who has just left the restroom and a fourth in the workshop or living quarters - probably Lissa. That I know Madre is eagerly anticipating something and feeling curious also doesn't strike me as novel or strange... After all the feelings are written on her face, and in her mannerisms.

After Khan answers her, but before she can reply with another probing question, I look up from the herbal supplement I was examining intently and ask, "Is there someone important you are expecting?" My remark makes me become conscious of my appearance, and I hurriedly dust off my hat and straighten it on my head, "You just seem... like you're looking forward to something."
Nov 3, 2015 2:08 pm
Seven nods to the Ithorian as she passes and makes his way into the refresher and says to no one in particular, "Gah! I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"
Nov 5, 2015 3:42 am
Madre looks surprised for a moment, then laughs. "Yes, I suppose I am anticipating someone important. My husband had to take some work off planet, and I haven't seen him in nearly half a cycle. It's hard to mind a shop and raise a little one with him gone"

About this time Lissa, an 8 year old half-Zeltron comes skipping into the room. She's a bit tall and lanky for her age, but shows signs of grace and future beauty. Once in the room she's mindful of the eyes on her, and she abruptly stops her skipping and walks quietly to her mother.

"Lissa, please finish collecting these items while I measure the kolto and other more valuable products," Madre indicated the items on the datapad, but didn't hand it to her daughter. Lissa crouched down and continued gathering a variety of boxed products into the basket while Madre moved to a locked cabinet. She opened the cabinet and drew out three secure fluid storage tubes, commonly used to transport chemicals like kolto, bacta, and such, and began measuring carefully.

"I am serious though. Most of these chemicals are common, but most of those stimulants and component chemicals hardly need to be stocked even once a cycle on a larger craft. Your ship must have been a wreck after a jump like that," she mused.
Nov 5, 2015 1:18 pm
"Indeed. It was quite a mess." Khan's beginning to feel uncomfortable. His eyes narrow as they begin scanning the room, regularly looking towards the entrance and door to the back of the shop.
Nov 6, 2015 9:13 am
I notice Khan's unease and place a hand on his shoulder, "Remember, we're not to get shot again." I smile and look to Madre, "We've had a rough ride to Bpfassh. I'm just happy to have my feet back on the ground, and to be restocking our stores."
Nov 10, 2015 3:29 am
"It sounds like quite an adventure"

Madre tops off the remaining tube and secured the lids of all three. She beckoned Lissa over to her with a wave, and placed the three tubes inside carefully. With a quick pat on her daughter's head, she carried the basket and set it on the counter near her terminal.

"Thank you Lissa, you can go back to your program now. Remember, I'm still going to check your figures and make sure you did them." Lissa then waved to everyone briefly before she trotted into the back room, and the murmur of an educational program could be heard through the door.

"Shall I ring up the 3 stimpacks with the rest of the supplies, or should I keep those separate?" She smiled at everyone, "Oh, and was there anything else you might need?"
Nov 10, 2015 1:05 pm
"The stimpacks are separate." Khan looks to the other members of the party.
Nov 14, 2015 2:04 pm
Madre tallies up the cost for the stimpacks and puts them in a small bag and slides them across the counter to Khan. "That'll be 75 credits."

She then tallies up the rest of the order and places it in a large case that would protect all the fragile, sensitive things they'd bought. "And that will be 1,209 credits after tax. You all need anything else, or is that it for today?"
Nov 15, 2015 3:08 pm
Wuc'vulog chortles and backs out of the store, hands held high. "I've only got 10 credits. I'll go see if male prostitution is a thing here."
Last edited November 15, 2015 3:08 pm
Nov 15, 2015 5:23 pm
I shake my head, "No need Wuc'vulog, Khan's got this one."
Nov 15, 2015 6:22 pm
"The Doc gave me the creds to pick up the bill, but for what it's worth I appreciate your dedication." Valoris smiles and hands over Doctor Eliasan's supply money.
Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Seven exits the refresher, drying his hands on his shirt and joins the rest of the party. "Hey Wuc, if you are looking for a second career, I could hook you up with some contacts on Nar Shadda. I'm sure you'd do well." And Gives Wuv'vulong a beady-eyed wink.
Nov 16, 2015 5:51 pm
"Second career?" Wuc'vulog responds enigmatically.
Nov 20, 2015 3:08 am
Madre completes the transaction and returns the credstick to Valoris, saying, "There you are, gentle-beings. It was nice meeting you, and I hope you have a safe, relaxing stay in Bpfassh."

She glances at Wuc'vulog, and clears her throat quietly, "While there may be such a market here, as in many other places, I'd take it as a personal favor if you'd not mention it in front of my daughter. She's still too young to understand, and I'd rather her not get any ideas at this age..." She then glances significantly toward the back room, to ensure her daughter is actually studying (just in case).
Nov 20, 2015 8:06 am
I bow slightly, lifting my hat slightly off my head as I do, "It is our pleasure to have met you Madre, take care and I wish you well." With that I turn and step out onto the street. Once we are outside of the shop, I quietly say, "Shall we return these goods to the ship, or carry them with us while we continue.. shopping?"
Last edited November 20, 2015 8:06 am
Nov 22, 2015 4:26 am
"I'll take the supplies back to the ship. Call me if you need anything." Khan throws the crate over his shoulder and walks back towards the Turtle.
Nov 22, 2015 9:55 am
I look to everyone else, "Anyone want to accompany him? I've gathered he has a skill for getting shot at." I fold my arms over my chest and rest my hand on my chin, "I had no trouble finding medical supplies, but pursuing our other objective without leads, well, finding leads isn't my speciality." I talk as if to myself, but I'm speaking loud enough for everyone near me to hear.
Nov 23, 2015 1:45 pm
"Personally", tapping his chest with his hand, "I'd like to avoid getting shot at". Pausing to look up and down the street, Seven then says, "If it would help find out who the last owner was, we should talk to someone in Black Sun or an affiliate." I bet if there is a Spice Den or seedy TapCafe around, we could find a contact".

OOC: I'd make an Underworld roll to maybe come up with a place to look for a contact or whatever else I can recall or deduce.

And here are the results!

I suck.
Last edited November 26, 2015 4:24 pm

Rolls

Underworld Check

1 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Advantage

Nov 23, 2015 6:51 pm
Wuc'vulog nods at Mado and jogs after Khan.
Nov 24, 2015 11:32 pm
(OOC: 2 purple difficulty, Thrakazog. Candi was correct.)
Dec 4, 2015 12:06 pm
As Seven lists the names of cafe's, gambling dens and other seedy establishments where information brokers might frequent, one place stands out in my mind. "The Derelict's Maw. I saw it on our way here. Nasty little place. Gamblers, spice and, from the smell, I'd wager there's a hutt in charge." At that I start to wander down the street towards the den, relying on the tidbits of information I'd gathered while finding the chemical shop, and keeping an ear open for an opportunity to get the name of an information broker so that we're not walking in without a clear purpose. After all, it's never a good idea to just wander on into such a place.

Rolls

Streetwise to find Infochant

3 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure

Total: 2 Success, 2 Advantage

Dec 5, 2015 5:24 pm
As Mado listens for the name of an information broker, he hears, several times, about a Rodian named Adoom Roolek. According to the rumor on the street, Roolek has some kind of feed into all the major news and surveillance sources on the planet. He is frequently described as knowing nearly everything to do with Bpfassh, and that he often serves as a local informant for the Hutts.

------

Meanwhile, Khan and Wuc'vulog make it back to the Turtle after only 10 minutes of walking. Madre's shop was very close to the spaceport, and only the fact that the ship was parked on one of the emergency pads made them take longer. The ship is buttoned up tight when the two arrive, and their comlinks chime simultaneously.

"Any trouble?" Dr Eliasan's voice sounds tinny through the comlink.
Dec 5, 2015 5:34 pm
"Someone almost picked up a career in prostitution but other than that it was pretty quiet. I even got myself some stimpacks so you won't have to worry about me."
Dec 5, 2015 6:33 pm
"Indeed, your credits saved the poor locals from a lifetime of disappointments."
Dec 7, 2015 10:20 am
"Adoom Roolek. He's the best source of information on this rock." I scratch my chin, "Obvious. Really." I stare off into nowhere in particular, "Roolek's brother worked with me on an excavation in the outer rim. Small moon. Artifacts. Nice guy. Always spoke highly of Adoom, met Adoom once before in fact. Not long after the job was done."

Can I use the Advantages from information check to introduce the common history?
Dec 9, 2015 2:50 am
(OOC: Candi, sure you can introduce a common history for both advantages.)

The hatch on the Turtle descends with a hiss and a heavy thunk on the pavement. Dr Eliasan slowly walks out to meet both Khan and Wuc'vulog.

"Is it always this 'lively' with this crew, Wuc'vulog?" Eliasan's voice now comes partly over the comlink, the rest carrying the remainder of the distance normally. "Research work is boring, usually. I can take that and stow it aboard the ship," she extends her arms to take the load from Khan.
Dec 11, 2015 2:10 am
"Galactic life. Wasn't this exciting in my clinic, until the ... well, until I had to hit the space trails seeking my fortune." He tosses his lekku petulantly. "I'll do my best to keep you out of it, dear."
Dec 12, 2015 1:00 pm
"Off to Adoom then." I nod, more to myself than anything, and start tracking down the lead, "If one of you has sufficient range, you should inform the others of where we will be." I tap my handheld commlink, "Not very helpful outside a ship I'm afraid."
Dec 15, 2015 1:32 am
Dr Eliasan pats Wuc'vulog on the shoulder, "I appreciate the thought, Wuc'vulog, but I'm already in it. I won't keep you from finishing your business. So far, it's just a stranger life than I'd anticipated."

She turns and starts back toward the ship with the medical supplies. With a glance and a grin, she looks back at the two men, "Maybe you can avoid a fight if you try tact this time, Khan."
Dec 15, 2015 7:27 pm
"Let me know when you can kill Imperials and gangsters with tact." Khan smiles and follows her into the ship.
Dec 17, 2015 11:28 pm
Dr Eliasan glanced back over her shoulder when she heard Khan's footsteps behind her.

"Khan, please go back with Wuc'vulog and ensure that the rest of the crew gets back alright. I'll be fine here, but I wouldn't want to be without a pilot or navigator... just sitting here waiting for the Bacta cartel to come pick me up." She shooed him back toward the Twi'lek. "I promise I'll call you on the ship's communicator if something comes up."
Dec 18, 2015 10:19 am
"Ay ay, Doc." Khan seeks out the remainder of the party, starting first with the local cantinas.
Dec 28, 2015 3:15 pm
Wuc'vulog and Valoris retrace their steps to where they'd split off from the rest of the party and begin their search.

(OOC: Either of you two can give me a streetwise check with 1 purple difficulty; advantage/disadvantage will give an idea of how quickly you rejoin the rest of the group.)

Meanwhile, Seven and Mado arrive at the Derelict's Maw. The entrance is shaped like a rancor's head, with steps inside its mouth leading down into the dimly lit cantina. Few of the denizens pay you mind as you enter. What begins as a cozy-like cantina near the front recedes into deep shadow, the massive size of the establishment belied by the darkness. Smoke, or other vapors, drift out of booths recessed into the outer walls near the entrance. The dim light casts ever shifting shadows through these roving mists. At first glance, Adoom isn't here in the cantina's entry. Either he's in one of the booths or has a private room, somewhere. In the far back of the room some kind of raucous party is going on, complete with dancing, strobing lights, and exotic/painful music—but it's too far away to notice more detail.
Dec 29, 2015 3:22 am
Wuc'vulog shakes off the feeling that time is slipping away from them. Undoubtedly, the device they're looking for will be difficult to find, and they're unlikely to just stumble upon it. As they walk, he focuses his mind, remembering the way the underworld operates, and tries to get a sense of how best to approach the search. They don't want to tip off what they're looking for, but they need to be specific enough to find it without relying on simply tripping over it.

Rolls

Streetwise (Cunning)

3 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 2 Advantage

Dec 30, 2015 8:27 pm
Finding the Derelict's Maw turns out to be child's play. It's common knowledge, and discussed openly on the street, that some local group is hosting a party there and so and so is going. Doesn't take long before you follow someone to the Maw. You see the fairly realistic rancor's head entrance raising up from the ground close by.

(OOC: took you maybe 5-10 minutes to find the location, behind Seven and Mado.)
Dec 30, 2015 11:45 pm
I look around as we enter and tentatively sniff at the air, then I step up to the bar and wave over the attendant, "I'm looking for Adoom, heard he was here. I'm an old friend." then, before they can say anything I hastily add, "And a glass of something... potent."
Jan 2, 2016 3:30 pm
The attendant, an elderly noghri, grunts and sizes Mado up. He walks over still polishing the glass in hand and pauses. After a several second pause he makes up his mind about the rodian, slides the glass halfway across the counter, and grabs a drink from under the bar—not from the standard displayed drinks.

"Old friend, eh? Potent, eh? Try this."

The glass is green, the drink almost black inside, and the shake in his hand is barely noticeable as he pours a half shot. The brandy, or cognac, by the smell, is a light amber color but its exposure to the air appears to darken the upper layers which swirl down deeper into the shot glass. The swirls of light and dark amber are mesmerizing. "Chandrilan cognac. It's over a hundred cycles old, and the brewery closed just two cycles ago. Drink fast."

The barkeep watches Mado intently.
Jan 2, 2016 5:44 pm
I nod, smirk, then down the shot, slamming the glass back onto the counter. The sharp, distinctive burning gives a sense of what drinking the ship's fuel might feel like. Before whatever it starts its work on me, I carry on the conversation, "I did work with Adoom's kin. We go back. Me and mine are looking for information. Not for handouts. Is he in one of the booths, or a private room in the back?" As I talk my sixth sense gives me a glimpse into the barkeeps emotional state...

Force Power: Sense -- spending 1 LP to sense the current emotional state of the barkeep
Last edited January 2, 2016 5:45 pm

Rolls

Sense

1 White Force Point

Jan 4, 2016 2:38 am
Khan enters the joint and eyes the place up first for his missing companions, then for any potential threats. As his eyes scan the room, he slowly makes his way to the bar and orders a drink. "I'll take two mugs of Whyren's Reserve." Once the drinks are up, Khan offers one to Wuc'vulog, his friendly smile concealed by his wrapped mask. "For the help with the arm."
Jan 5, 2016 2:58 am
Mado senses that the barkeep is slightly suspicious and expects something, a sign or code phrase perhaps. Or, he just doesn't expect the rodian to hold his liquor. "If you're a friend of Adoom, you'll have a name. He's easy to find, but likes to know who's looking first."

Without waiting for a response from Mado, the barkeep shuffles off to the side to pour 2 mugs of Whyren's Reserve. He makes a show of pouring it, and sets both mugs before Valoris. He nods briefly and returns to the counter in front of Mado.

"So, you tell me what he'll want to know and if he remembers you kindly, he'll send for you."

(OOC: Give me a Resilience roll for Mado at 1 purple, 1 black because the drink is stronger than the average.)
Jan 5, 2016 2:38 pm
"Mado." The world starts to swim, and focus inward to suppress the quickly overpowered effects of the drink, "Anyek." I put a hand on the counter to steady myself, "My name is Mado Anyek. Good drink." After a dicey moment I stand up straight, "Very good drink." My eyes remain focused, my attention returns to the barkeep, "I'll wait here with my friends." I nod towards the two he just served.

Using Intense focus to upgrade rank of skill for check to rank 1, suffering 1 strain.
Last edited January 5, 2016 2:39 pm

Rolls

Resilience (Brawn 2, Intense Focus)

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Jan 5, 2016 5:12 pm
"You're most welcome," Wuc'vulog replies to Khan, and nods to the barkeep. He scans the patrons first instinctively for potential play, and then once again, trying to focus on their tasks.
Jan 9, 2016 11:41 pm
The barkeeper nods in acknowledgement of Mado's name. He surreptitiously flashes a comlink so that only the party can see it, and hides it back under the counter. He then goes on about his business with the other patrons. After a minute or two, a door opens deeper in the bar and a dim light shines through it. "That's for you folks," the bartender says on his way by. "Feel free to take your drinks with you."
Jan 10, 2016 12:34 am
I nod, tip my hat, and enter into the room beyond.
Jan 10, 2016 1:02 am
Khan, sighting Mado, falls in step and whispers, "I'll be outside watching for trouble. Call me if you hit a snag." He then takes up a position right next to the door.
Jan 13, 2016 2:56 am
The hall behind the door slopes at an odd angle, but when you enter the hallway gravity feels normal. The effect is nearly comical to look at from the outside. But, the further in you go the more obvious a conclusion it becomes: this is part of an ancient, wrecked ship of some kind. Not only that, but the antigravity still works (or was replaced, it's hard to tell without at least a hydrospanner).

The hall leads to an open door on the left which opens on a well appointed conference room. The table is shaped like an elongated octagon, and at the far side is Adoom. A security droid of common make stands stiffly in the corner behind him.

"Well Mado, I had to see with my own eyes if it was you. What can I do for you." Adoom gestures expansively. "I assume you didn't seek me out for a dancing partner."

Adoom is a middle aged rodian with deep green skin but otherwise average looking. His clothes look like technician garb, and he doesn't appear to be armed. There are no ostentatious signs of power, opulence, or anything beyond "average businessman". The security droid is well maintained, but even that is a standard model. The only hint of something more is the sophisticated computer equipment in the room that feeds into 3 datapads on the conference table, all within easy reach.

Without any further greeting or appraising glance, his eyes idly wander back to the datapad feeds and he occasionally interacts with something on the tablets.
Jan 13, 2016 1:37 pm
"Could dance, if you like. I'm a bit clumsy on the dance floor, though." The serious tone of my voice makes it hard to tell if I'm carrying on the joke, or taking the remark as a serious proposition, "We're looking for something that went missing around these parts recently. When I heard you were in the area, I figured you'd be the one to ask about it." I proceed to explain to Adoom what object it is that we are looking for.
Jan 14, 2016 2:30 pm
Wuc'vulog sits in a chair, and leans back, relaxing as much as he can. He'll assist Mado with any details about the object that Mado misses, which are probably few.
Jan 17, 2016 9:27 pm
Adoom sets his chair back on the floor and listens attentively. Once Mado is done explaining what they're after, it's very clear that he's weighing his words carefully. "I suggest that if you wish to live, you will forget you were ever pulled into this. Throw away the datapad with the schematic, after erasing then detonating it, and not show your faces for awhile. There are interests it's best not to name. Interests that make hutts look civilized."

"I will give you a discount on the information if you want it. But whatever they promised you isn't half enough! Do you still intend to find it?"
Jan 21, 2016 5:25 pm
I shrug, "Now you've gotten me interested. Didn't thin hutts could look civilized. I can't convince my crew to back down, so might as well get the intel, and keep in mind your warnings. Might be we can negotiate a raise, or find a higher bidder." I give a knowing wink, "How much'll it be."
Jan 26, 2016 1:54 am
Almost a minute of silence passes before Adoom speaks. "Tell you what—I won't charge you anything for the information because I'm certain you've already been spotted. So here's what we'll do: I give you the information you're after, then we'll stage a fight. It's the safest way, so I fully expect you to destroy my security bot here." He throws a thumb over his shoulder. "But you can't tell anyone else that the fight is staged till after you're off planet. And you'll owe me, big."

"Disruptors were invented at least twice before, ages ago. They didn't last long the first time, as the inventing species was wiped out for their hubris. But a few of their weapons were later discovered, enough for an enterprising engineer to develop a working prototype from. The technology was nearly erased from history again, when a religious order learned of the threat. Many of its devotees died to ensure the technology never found its way into the wrong hands."

"But one of their own couldn't resist the temptation to experiment with the technology. He wanted to understand its workings. I don't know how, but this same devotee left and hid himself here, on Bpfassh. He gathered to himself a secret order of former devotees likewise interested in forbidden teachings. They created the proton pump with the intent to use disruptors as starship weapons. The resources required to fire such a weapon would be prohibitive—which is why rumor has it that the order managed to stabilize the beam, making such possible."

"The records are incomplete. That cabal was purged so thoroughly I don't even know their names, not even the name they gave their order."

"The proton pump prototype was found half-slagged in the ruins of an ancient archive. No one knew what it was, or even believed it was valuable. A local collector, Gredarr Kesyk, acquired it and put it on display in his collection. He has one of the largest antiquities collections on planet, and rumor has it the Black Sun has bankrolled it. Perhaps they look for something specific, or use him as a convenient conduit for smuggling expensive artifacts. You were probably contacted by one of their agents."

"Shortly after the Black Sun put out their bounties, they found Gredarr ripped to pieces in his home. The word 'Da'rasith' was burned into his naked chest, and his limbs were scattered around the room. With no sign of entrance or exit, no evidence, and no suspects the Black Sun is furious!"

Adoom starts to turn pale and looks ill. "Now you see why we have to make it look real—that I had nothing to do with you."
Jan 26, 2016 2:59 pm
"Hrm. I appreciate you telling us. It's too bad we had to coerce you." I smile, pull out my light blast pistol and fire a shot at the security bot.

Rolls

Ranged (Light)

4 Advantage

Total: 4 Advantage

Difficulty 1

1 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Jan 27, 2016 1:32 am
Wuc'vulog almost falls out of his chair, pawing at his blaster pistol, and squeezes off a shot at the droid, too.

Edit: added a purple die
Last edited February 2, 2016 2:15 pm

Rolls

Light Ranged

3 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 3 Advantage

Initiative

2 Success

Additional purple die

1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Jan 27, 2016 2:49 am
Hearing blaster fire inside, Khan rushes in with his rifle and unloads onto the droid.

Rolls

Initiative (Vig)

3 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 1 Advantage

Pew Pew (Heavy)

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Threat

Feb 6, 2016 11:15 pm
OOC:
Mado: 3 advantage
Wuc'vulog: 2 success, 2 advantage (hit, 7 damage)
Valoris: 2 success (hit, 13 damage)

You have 5 collective advantage between you, gentlemen. Do you wish to establish anything, or use them mechanically? You're pretty lucky that there are no disadvantages to those rolls.
As Mado draws his blaster the security droid detects aggressive behavior and powers its weapon. Shots from Wuc'vulog hit the droid first, but do little more than crater the droid's armor. As Khan hears the blaster fire and shoots the droid as well, the droid staggers from the heavier blaster the clone carries. Through the haze of melted plastic and plasma fumes it's obvious that the droid is severely damaged. Its circuitry is burning, it has difficulty moving, but its "eye" is still illuminated.
OOC:
Spending 1 dark side point to upgrade the droid's initiative check. Mado please roll your own Vigilance (Will) check so I can assemble an initiative order.

Rolls

Droid (Initiative; Vigilance)

2 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 3 Advantage

Feb 7, 2016 12:10 am
I smile, tip my hat, and start for the exit, taking aim with my blaster as I do so.
OOC:
I'd like to establish that the clients and staff in this place are used to random outbursts of blaster fire, and internal security tends to only respond if it appears like the shootout might threaten or involve other customers. If there's any Advantage left after that, make em' Boosts

Rolls

Initative (Will 1)

1 Success, 1 Advantage

Feb 16, 2016 2:11 am
OOC:
Mado: granted, the clients and staff are accustomed to such outbursts. The cantina's security is also relaxed. Adoom may have other personal security measures installed, just like other clients.

Initiative order:

PC
NPC
PC
PC

You can discuss initiative choices in the OOC thread, by PM, etc.
Feb 21, 2016 4:37 pm
Seeing his first shot was insufficient to trash the droid, Khan pops off several more shots into the metal demon.

Rolls

Crush the Clanker!

2 Success, 4 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Advantage

Feb 22, 2016 11:47 pm
The security droid lurches, nearly collapsing to the floor as it's leg is revealed as critically damaged. It's halting movement is enough to throw Khan's aim off. The door controls behind the droid explode in a shower of sparks, sealing the door temporarily.

"Detaining hostiles. Signaling backup. Initiating lockdown," the droid says, a slight feedback buzz in its vocoder.

A portion of armor plating lower on the droid's torso snaps open, and with a heavy "crump" a surprisingly large net flies out of the droid at Mado. The net engulfs Mado and swirls around him, thoroughly immobilizing him. While that happens, the security droid moves to place Wuc'vulog between it and Khan's heavy rifle.

Heavy metallic footfalls can be heard from behind the locked door. A few clanks sound through the door, but it doesn't budge.
OOC:
Mado is now immobilized for 5 rounds and cannot perform maneuvers. He can attempt to get out of the net with a Hard (3p) Athletics check.

Currently, Wuc'vulog and the droid are at engaged range. Firing into that will risk hitting Wuc'vulog, especially since the droid has maneuvered behind him from Khan's PoV.

Next PC up!

Rolls

snare launcher

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Feb 24, 2016 12:53 pm
I try to dodge the net, but only get myself more caught up in it. Restrained and trapped, I struggle against it and try to get it off. That failing, I fall to the floor as I flail about with the thing to try and make it at least a little harder to spot and shoot me.
OOC:
Athletics D3 to escape. Brawn 2, Athletics 1 and spending a strain on Intense Focus to upgrade my Athletics skill to 2.

Rolls

Athletics to Escape Net

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Feb 26, 2016 11:09 pm
OOC:
I'll spend that threat to cause Mado and extra point of strain.

Next!
Feb 27, 2016 3:48 pm
Wuc'vulog backs away from the droid until he is against a wall, firing his blaster at the dangerous machine. The Twi'lwk's lekku wrapping defensively around his own neck. "Stop messing around, Mado, this isn't the right time for play!"

Rolls

Blaster attack

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Advantage

Mar 1, 2016 1:08 am
OOC:
Wuc'vulog's attack hits the droid and burns out the rest of its circuitry. It drops to the floor with a clank, nothing more than a dead hulk.

Round 2, next PC! (Remember that the remaining bots go after the next PC... and you can change the order up any way you wish.)
Mar 5, 2016 2:57 pm
Still covered in net, I struggle against it hopping that it isn't actually as well made as it seems.

Rolls

Athletics 1, Br 2

2 Success, 2 Failure, 4 Threat

Total: 4 Threat

Mar 6, 2016 1:05 am
OOC:
OOC: I'll spend 1 threat to give the next PC a setback (black) die. The rest I'm spending to say the door opens partway.
As the net continues to restrain Mado, there is a substial fusillade of muted blaster fire from behind the door. It begins to glow cherry red and curl out into the boardroom our heroes are in. A security droid is just barely visible from the other side, pitting its strength against the door and its frame. The lead droid swings its blaster pistol into view and tries to shoot around the bending door at Khan, just visible in the doorway.
OOC:
Khan: take 7 damage (apply your soak against it). Spending the advantage to say the droid hit a water conduit and now steam/fog is quickly jetting into the scene. Apply a setback die to your attacks to represent poor visibility, plus another setback for the droid's cover.

Next PC!

Rolls

Ranged (Light)

1 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Threat

Mar 6, 2016 6:22 pm
Wuc'vulog eyes the melting door with no small amount of panic. "Mado!" he hisses, watching his friend struggle unsuccessfully to free himself.

A chunk of melted door slides to the floor with an oddly wet flopping sound. The Twi'lek doctor pats the pockets of his too tight clothing. He pulls out a small scalpel and starts methodically slicing the net in order to free Mado's arms and then head and legs.
OOC:
Flipping a destiny point to have a scalpel on hand, and spends his action cutting Mado free.
Mar 7, 2016 3:49 am
Khan flips the table and takes cover before firing into the doorway at the droids. "Did I mention how much I hate blasted droids!"

OOC: can I just blow up more stuff so we can just run off, like hardcore suppressing fire or something.
Last edited March 7, 2016 3:51 am

Rolls

Pew Pew Pew

3 Success, 1 Triumph, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 2 Threat, 1 Triumph

Mar 22, 2016 1:05 am
The partially melted door is blasted to smithereens by Khan's heavy blaster rifle. The droids behind the door don't even stand a chance as the molten door is blasted back upon them, destroying the droids and forming the door and droids into a mangled mass. That corridor is now effectively sealed off, though perhaps a stray blaster bolt could make it through. But it doesn't look like any of the droids have survived.

Your comlinks crackle briefly, as though all the added charge was feeding into the comms. Or, as if a child was playing with the comlink and lost interest.
OOC:
The firefight is now over. And initiative order is ended. Regain your stress, take 10 XP, and plan your next actions.
Mar 22, 2016 1:25 pm
Removing the last bit of net I slip out the door into the main area of the bar, making my way towards the front - hopefully not alone - "That was exciting. Where to next? I assume we aren't going to heed the warning... although I expect we should negotiate a higher rate for this job if I'm going to get shot at any more."
Mar 24, 2016 1:03 am
Khan, still breathing heavily from adrenaline, mutters to himself some unintelligible grumbling about droids before refocusing on his crew mates. "I think our first move should be gathering the rest of the crew and heading back. I think there are som things you lot aren't telling me, and either way you're gonna want to take some time to plan this escapade further."

You do not have permission to post in this thread.