What's a game you would love to play on here?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 2, 2019 8:05 pm
I'm looking to start another game on GP and while I have some ideas floating around my head, I'm not really convinced by any of them.
Therefore, I decided to ask around here in the forum: What game would you be interested in playing in but just haven't been able to find here.
If some idea posted here clicks with me, I might actually put it into action. No guarantees though, obviously. I'm not going to run a game I'm not interested in even if ten people want it.

If there are some good ideas brought up in this thread, anyone else can of course also feel free to steal them and make them into a game themselves!
Mar 2, 2019 8:10 pm
Litrpg Savage Rifts would be cool
Or possibly the D&D5E system
Mar 2, 2019 10:10 pm
Hi bowlofspinash, do you mean game system specifically? I have just joined GP to try my first PbP so i’d prefer dnd (more familiar). Besides the game system itself, i’ve been thinking how a game where everyone takes turns being DM may work out. I’m guessing some interesting story twists as a different player takes up the next stage of the story (and everyone gains experience dming and some action playing!). If you mean interesting storyline ideas, let me know, I might be able to dig up some stuff as well ;)
Mar 2, 2019 10:15 pm
I wasn't particularly looking for just system, but also settings, themes, genres, storylines, anything people might want to rp but have been unable to find.
Changing DMs might be an interesting experiment for sure...
Quote:
Masks
I actually bought the Masks rulebook recently on a sale but I've never played it or any PbtA game. Once I find the time to read it, I might try to host a game of it.
Mar 2, 2019 10:40 pm
I haven't played a game of Mutants & Masterminds in a long time. I have a couple of characters already developed on another site. One is the great grandson of the man who invented the gas lamp mantle. Naturally, he has powers to manipulate fire. The other character is based on a relatively famous real magician who can cast real illusions. There are a number of opportunities for story lines based on just those two characters alone.
Mar 2, 2019 10:44 pm
I've also played in a GURPS Time Travel adventure that never got very far off the ground simply because the players had RL issues that caused he game to founder. That was my favorite game so far and I was really disappointed then it couldn't continue. Perhaps you could try something like that.
Mar 2, 2019 10:52 pm
Time travel is an interesting thought. That gives me some ideas. I don't know about GURPS. I've never played it but I love the idea of a time travel campaign/adventure
Mar 3, 2019 6:10 pm
On the top of my wishlist is:
+ Starfinder
+ World of darkness: Mage
Mar 7, 2019 5:00 pm
I think dungeon world has rules for changing GMs on the go.
And personally, I like the idea of a space fantasy setting like the starfinder premise.
Mar 8, 2019 8:00 pm
runekyndig says:
On the top of my wishlist is:
+ Starfinder
+ World of darkness: Mage
I've only ever played DND5e and Warhammer Fantasy RP but Starfinder intrigues me too. I have no experience in Pathfinder or Starfinder though.

Generally speaking I'd love to play SciFi RP and AFAIK Starfinder is on of the more fleshed out ones
Last edited March 8, 2019 8:03 pm
Mar 8, 2019 8:14 pm
I am curious about Numenera, that I never tried.
Mar 8, 2019 8:14 pm
I recently got the Starfinder core rulebook from the humblebundle. I have never played it but since it's supposed to be similar to Pathfinder, it shouldn't be too difficult.
I'd have to read through the rules, though and see if inspiration hits
Mar 8, 2019 8:16 pm
Numenera I also got from a humblebundle a while ago but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. So same thing as Starfinder, basically.
Mar 8, 2019 8:24 pm
What game systems do you know that can start with a setting in modern times? Like yesterday. The time travel experience that I had took a group of players into the past, about 15 to 20 thousand years. You don't need to advertise how far back but I think going backwards is easier to deal with than putting a medieval group in more recent times.
Mar 8, 2019 8:40 pm
Although I'm open to GMing more complex games on here, I think I prefer rules lite stuff for PbP so I would probably run a game like that in a small homebrew with just a few stats and modifiers.
If I do a time travel story (I'm thinking about it but inspiration hasn't quite struck yet), I would start in the present day and then go back (and possibly forward) from there.
Mar 8, 2019 8:57 pm
I always enjoyed Shadowrun. I am new to the site and just starting to get my feet wet so far so fun.
Mar 9, 2019 1:43 am
I really like D&D 5e I play that in person love playing trail Cthulhu on here and Call of Cthulhu.
Mar 9, 2019 3:56 am
D&D 5e Planescape berks! I'd fancy cross-piking to some dodgy backring of a plane with a bunch of canny bloods.
Mar 9, 2019 5:26 am
Machiabelly says:
I always enjoyed Shadowrun. I am new to the site and just starting to get my feet wet so far so fun.
I love the setting, but not the game system
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.