The Expanse

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 6, 2019 3:45 am
I'm surprised that there isn't already a thread about the game since backers are getting their PDF copies today! I just got mine and read the introductory story and... I'm pumped for this game. I'm ready to get a crew, load up on a ship and go find adventure!

I haven't had a chance to read farther in the book yet, but it's my first game with the AGE rule set.

How about you? What thoughts have you had on it? What, from the book, has got you excited for the game?
Mar 6, 2019 4:15 am
Wait what!? There’s an Expanse game? I want in!
Mar 6, 2019 5:49 pm
I read the book a few years ago and then watched the series but didn't know there was a game about it. I found the concept for the storyline a little too 1930's gumshoe for my taste but the overall story is exactly what I love about space opera. I read a lot of science fiction and there just isn't enough about near space. And the Expanse has just enough CoC mystery to get my juices flowing. I suppose getting a copy of the pdf would require some financial backing. Luckily, I got a tax refund this year. I know, how the hell did I manage that? Would you believe creative accounting? Well, maybe not quite so arcane. Let me know what it takes and I'd love to join the team for the game.
Mar 6, 2019 5:55 pm
I would be interested though I only have seen the first season of the TV show.
Mar 7, 2019 12:31 am
The game was Kickstarted at the end of last year and just fulfilled the PDF rewards. It's not for sale on DriveThru, yet, but they do have the Quickstart available. I'm really excited about the game.
Last edited March 7, 2019 4:19 am
Mar 7, 2019 3:49 am
I love the AGE system, but have never watched the Expanse, except for the first 15 minutes of the first ep. Been thinking about getting Amazon Prime just to watch it though.
Mar 7, 2019 4:04 am
I can’t recommend it enough. The books as well. If you love a good space opera with solid science and political intrigue, The Expanse is it.
Mar 7, 2019 4:20 am
I love the books. I've got #6 on my nightstand, waiting for me to get to it. The show is also a lot of fun. I love so much about it!
May 19, 2019 3:37 am
The Expanse Roleplaying Game is out in PDF! I added the Gamersplane affiliate code on the link there, so if you go there and buy the book, it helps out this site!
May 19, 2019 3:53 am
I watched 17 episodes of it today, haha. Hovered my finger over the RPG purchase, but just can't figure how a game would actually go.
May 19, 2019 3:53 am
I would definitely be up for a game. I’m really starting to like the AGE system from another game I’m in.
May 19, 2019 4:00 am
I would love to play but at that price I will wait for the printed copy.
May 20, 2019 12:20 am
Finished Season 3 today. The S3 finale definitely changes the scope of how I imagine the RPG being played.

Anybody know where in the series the RPG is set?
May 20, 2019 2:04 am
It's set right after the first book, in the gap between books 1 and 2. So, the protomolecule has landed on Venus and everyone's waiting to see what's going to happen.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.