Setting a timezone other than your own

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 26, 2014 5:30 am
Would there ever be a need for you to set a timezone other than the one your computer is set to? Currently, the timezone feature localizes the timestamps in a few places, namely the forums, to show you the time relative to you. I've came across a neat bit of Javascript that'll convert time strings to the timezone your computer is set to.

Would this be more convenient? Is there any reason to allow people to choose the timezone they're loading?
Oct 26, 2014 5:58 am
I feel like that'd be fine doing it that way.
I don't ever have a reason to set my timezone for a place i don't live in. I can't imagine people use that function often actually.
Oct 27, 2014 3:37 am
Yeah I think that makes sense. If you're going to do this, it might make some sense to, during the forum overhaul you've been discussing, add a thing where it shows the most recent time zone for other users.
Oct 27, 2014 3:48 am
I don't really understand Deus. It has nothing to do with the timezones of other users; it would show any timestamps in your own local time rather than needing to pick a timezone in your user profile.
Oct 27, 2014 11:15 am
I say use the javascript, I only need to know when posts happen relative to my own time zone. I cannot see myself ever setting a different timezone.
Oct 27, 2014 11:39 pm
Unless someone travels frequently, I don't see this being a highly used feature

You do not have permission to post in this thread.