OOC Thread

Mar 14, 2019 8:27 pm
For discussing OOC business.
Mar 14, 2019 9:05 pm
And if anyone has any questions or thoughts about the prologue, I'm all ears. Or eyes, in this case.
Mar 14, 2019 10:00 pm
I just want to know what they're whispering about me! haha Although Krav would be used to that and not think twice. Super excited to explore!
Last edited March 14, 2019 10:00 pm
Mar 14, 2019 10:02 pm
Yeah, no, that meeting wasn't ominous at all XD
Mar 14, 2019 10:04 pm
I'm sorry, I just too distracted by alien worm spittle on my character from another game.
Mar 14, 2019 10:04 pm
A little paranoia's good for the PC soul... ;)
Mar 15, 2019 1:58 am
Prologue is sweet
Mar 15, 2019 2:50 am
I thought it was swell. Also reminded me to give Elora a last name.
Mar 15, 2019 5:40 am
Wow! That prologue is impressive. I can't wait to get started. :)
Mar 15, 2019 8:23 am
One thing I was thinking about was that with Yelnar's fighting capabilities being very reactive, it could bog down combats unnecessarily, so I was going to try and make like a default AI - most of which would simply be that he takes any Attack of Opportunity that becomes available, so that they can be rolled without waiting for further input.

Alternatively, I could make extra rolls for potential attacks of opportunity and either include them in the same post, maybe hidden with some sort of spoiler tag, or PM them to RPM.

I may also be less available than normal next weekend (Friday 22nd weekend), as I will having my birthday celebrations.
Mar 15, 2019 12:56 pm
Happy early birthday!
Mar 15, 2019 5:24 pm
Happy bday!

So I have a question about down time. Krav has learned a bit of herbalism at Veridium College, and he has an urge to learn more about Alchemy someday. I know you said this is sandbox style, so I take it we will get to be involved in world/story creation more than a pre-written campaign, but do you think crafting is even going to be an option? Or am I trying to peek behind the DM screen too much...
Mar 15, 2019 5:33 pm
Yes, you will be significantly involved in world/story creation. The Masters will give you one starting "mission", and from there, I'm going off your choices, with my overarching plot in mind in the background. But how that plot gets worked into the actual IC campaign will also depend a lot on what you all choose to do.

It's meant to be a low-magic campaign, but crafting things like potions, scrolls, the occasional alchemist's fire, and so forth will probably be fine. I've always considered alchemy to be fancy chemistry anyway, and it wouldn't be significantly affected by changes in magic in the world. I'll probably put pretty significant restrictions on crafting magic items, so if anyone was thinking about taking those sorts of feats later on, please talk to me first. I am planning to have official IC down time on occasion, so there will be opportunities to craft.
Mar 15, 2019 6:42 pm
Ok cool. Being a druidic alchemist he would likely not be interested in brewing elemental style potions and what not anyway. Poisons, cures, and other druidic style stuff. Who knows if we'll actually go down that road anyway, I was just wondering.
Mar 15, 2019 7:12 pm
Viani might possibly sew something but I don't think that would fall under restricted magic, so I'll be fine
Mar 17, 2019 11:57 pm
I suppose now's a good time to be honest with y'all.

Whenever I try to make a cool edgy character, her rolls suck. Though, such characters have resulted in at least one IRL marriage, so, take that as you will XD
Mar 18, 2019 1:02 am
Haha that’s the way it goes!
Mar 18, 2019 1:41 am
I’m super excited about this game! This is going to be a fun group I have a feeling.
Mar 18, 2019 4:36 am
It's incredibly rewarding to see someone finally playing in the little sandbox I built. Can't wait to see where it goes.

I'll wait for our final two players to chime in before I continue the scene, but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for signing on, and I hope it continues to be rewarding for all of us!
Mar 18, 2019 4:43 am
I'm working on my intro post now!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.