Good evening

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 26, 2019 4:08 pm
So hey. My RL gaming group more or less fell apart when half the group had life get in the way, so I've been exploring other options. Years ago I played a lot on RPOL.net, but I've heard good things about this site and, from what I remember at least, RPOL had a lot of general immaturity that I really just don't want to deal with.

My experience is mostly in World of Darkness and Dnd 3.5/Pathfinder, but I'm such a massive nerd that I love to play just about everything and happily learn new systems.

I especially want to game because for a long time, gaming was pretty much the only place I could kind of get over my social anxiety; if I was in character, I didn't have to be afraid. The mere fact that I'm sharing this tells you how much this hobby means to me, and how far I've come ever since getting into it. It also helped spur my own creativity to the point that I was a fairly decent GM in the game group, albeit one that mostly ran via seat-of-my-pants improvisation of characters and plotlines. Used to be a lawful good rules lawyer, but have progressed to the point that I'm willing to sacrifice rules for fun so long as everyone knows exactly what rules (or lack of them) the group is playing by.

Um...I really don't know what else to say. Hello again.
Mar 26, 2019 4:28 pm
Hello and welcome!
Mar 26, 2019 4:29 pm
Welcome, AstralEndeavor! Hope you find some great games. 3.5 doesn't get played a ton here, but Pathfinder does, and World of Darkness games do show up now and again (I'm running two, and have played in several). Plus, lots of less common games get tried out.
Mar 26, 2019 4:48 pm
Welcome!
Mar 26, 2019 5:03 pm
Welcome!
Mar 26, 2019 5:35 pm
Hi Astral, I just approved you for Paranoia XP, so you should be able to access the forums. You should check out the Pre Gen character forum and choose your character. Once your character is approved, you should read the forum titled: Send In The Clones, where the adventure begins. Welcome aboard, thanks for joining.
Mar 26, 2019 8:34 pm
Welcome to the community! Cool, looks like you found a game already!
Mar 26, 2019 8:40 pm
Welcome to GP!
Mar 26, 2019 8:46 pm
Welcome~
Mar 26, 2019 9:15 pm
Welcome!

Len

Mar 27, 2019 6:40 am
Welcome AstralEndeavour! I hope your adventures are rich and fulfilling as gaming with your RL group.

If you’re looking for specific information on how to use the forums, there are a number of guides that users have created over the years that might be helpful. Maybe start with this great guide for new members.

If you’re looking to chat with the Gamers Plane community in real time, we have a Discord server! This is a good place to ask questions if you don’t know where else to ask them.

Happy gaming!
Mar 27, 2019 7:34 am
Welcome. Hmm, have always wanted to try world of darkness. It seems like a lot of fun. Anyway, welcome to the site. Prepare for lots of fun.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.