5e - Local Adventures

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 1, 2019 8:47 pm
Are you tired of warping space and time to move mountains and depose despots? Is firing arrows at the speed of lightning to skewer onrushing armies of marauding orcs taking a toll on your psyche? Or perhaps you are just looking to get back to the roots of adventuring with the task of helping out some simple townsfolk protect themselves from more mundane threats?

Either way, I'm looking to run a relatively short (for PBP) game, that will start at level 3, going to maybe 5 or 6.

Where: The town of Bromwich and its surrounding areas. Yes, this is a land of my own making.
What: A lower-level adventure aimed towards less earth-shattering power and global intrigue and more towards overcoming small local problems.
Who: 4-5 adventurers starting at level 3.

As for materials and characters, in keeping with the spirit, I'll be limiting choices somewhat more than my normal games. Content from Eberron, Ravnica, the Underdark will not be allowed. PHB, Genasi, and Goliath races are allowed.

Characters all live in or around Bromwich and have known each other for some time. Specifics will get hammered out after the players are on board. :)

If this particular set of small-time adventures goes well, I'm not against having some bigger things happen, but I'm starting small.

I'd like to gauge interest first and figure out the team rather than doing first come first serve. If you are interested, please post up with a quick summary of one or two characters you'd like to play (could be as simple as race/class/background) and we'll go from there!
Apr 1, 2019 8:56 pm
I have a couple ideas that may fit. One I'd like to play is a Goliath Fighter, who is either finishing up his apprenticeship to the local blacksmith or is the blacksmith.

The other is a human noble that is the son of the town mayor (or whatever the leader is). He's looking to step out and prove he can stand on his own two feet.
Apr 1, 2019 9:35 pm
Hi I would love to play 5e with you this sounds really neat. I usually play a Wood Elf Rogue
Apr 1, 2019 9:35 pm
I could do relatively short, couple posts per week, PbP :) My first idea was a kobold ranged scout that was basically another PC pet "dragon" (bonus if there is a wizard!). If that is too exotic, I think a very feywild based elf warlock of archfey or horizon walker ranger may do the job!
Last edited April 1, 2019 9:42 pm
Apr 1, 2019 11:53 pm
That's interesting!
OOC:
Adding some background to characters...
1) A Food mage! A "reflavored" wizard !! Casting things like "Magic meatballs" (magic missiles), "Oven flames" (flaming hands) or "Pepper spray" (poison spray). Or a more serious version, a mage of ice and fire (inspired by a manga), using his magic to help his cooking get to another level.
His mother was an wizard and his father a cook. He inherited from both his parents passions and his trying to merge them in a new fashion.

2)On a more serious note, A high elf fighter eldritch knight ("arcane archer")
A few years ago, while traveling through town, he fell in love with a human girl but had to leave soon after because of his duties. Now returning after 20+ years, he finds she recently died...and left a young half-elf orphaned (could be a half-elf player)...

3)Wood elf moon druid
He has lived on the outskirts of this town for a long time, observing them but never interfering... With all the recent signs of trouble, maybe he should ?

4)Anything you need to complet a team lol
Last edited April 2, 2019 1:38 am
Apr 2, 2019 12:45 am
I really like randomly given power.

Hill Dwarf (Fighter 1/Sorcerer 2 (Wild Magic Origin))
Glenk Stonebone was working as a guard (city watch background) whom all of a sudden gained his sorcerer powers. His powers where almost always there. Being a crack shot with a crossbow (truestrike). An accidentally making an orc or two appear and panicking the town (minor illusion) while daydreaming on the job. He finally noticed himself when a mason working on a local bridge fell. Glenk in his panic couldn't say anything beside some dwarven expletives, which seemed to pull something out of him and quickly over to the man falling. The man floated down unscathed.

Half-Orc Cleric (3 Cleric (Life Domain))
Thaddeus Sidirourgos was the adopted grandson of the local silversmith Marcus Sidirourgos (is actual grandfather is ashamed for Thaddeus's birth and his mother leaving the village in judgement). (guild artisan background) Made holy symbols for the local church/monastery to send out to different missions. His father was attacked one day on the road to the church, when Thaddeus found him he said the only prayer he knew and healed him. They went to the church and the priests felt the presence of their god within Thaddeus. He became a cleric for the local area and slightly beyond always returning home.
Last edited April 2, 2019 12:37 pm
Apr 2, 2019 1:01 am
deadpool_qc says:
That's interesting!
1) A Food mage! A "reflavored" wizard !! Casting things like "Magic meatballs" (magic missiles), "Oven flames" (flaming hands) or "Pepper spray" (poison spray)
Somebody's been listening to the Dungeon Masters Block!
Apr 2, 2019 1:24 am
Yep!, long-time listener and I've been wanting to play this for a long time lol
Apr 2, 2019 1:44 am
Their episode about play by post games brought me here two and a half years ago.
Apr 2, 2019 2:15 am
This sounds great! If I wasn't in a load of games already, and if there weren't a bunch of people looking for games, I'd definitely apply!
Apr 2, 2019 3:00 pm
I've got my first batch of players invited and working on character creation now! Thanks for the interest all!
Apr 2, 2019 7:39 pm
I would be interested if you have any openings left. I do not have 5e but I can figure it out I’m sure.
Apr 7, 2019 10:53 am
Same here .. interested if slots still open.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.