Hello!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 5, 2019 3:01 am
Greetings All,

I am the magnificent Jab Burrwalky! Call me Jab!

Anyway, its a pleasure to be here I am new to PbP though I am not new to RPGs and I am not new to text-based role playing. I am looking forward to joining into the fun!

Games I have played in the past include some Fate Core, both a custom "Infinity" setting (prior to Corvus Belli releasing their own RPG) and the BULLDOGS! setting. I loved the BULLDOGS! setting and the Fate system and really want to do it again, so I may GM it in the near future once I get the hang of things around here if no one else runs it.

I am a DnD 5e player as well, and DM a couple campaigns IRL for my friends and family, but I would love the chance to actually be a player for once (never actually done it for more than 2 sessions in a row).

I would also love to learn Shadowrun at some point. The setting has always intrigued me.

Anyway, glad to be here, and hope to have some good fun with everyone!
Apr 5, 2019 3:12 am
Welcome!
Apr 5, 2019 3:24 am
Welcome Jab. There are a few Fate games here, lots of 5e, and several Shadowrun games but they're somewhat fleeting. Hope you find some great games to play in.
Apr 5, 2019 3:28 am
I've noticed that 5e tends to dominate. Out of curiosity, what are most players/DMs attitude toward players joining a campaign midway through? Are most people pretty open to that idea, or is the general consensus that late joins aren't welcomed?
Apr 5, 2019 3:28 am
Welcome!
Apr 5, 2019 3:33 am
JabBurrwalky says:
I've noticed that 5e tends to dominate. Out of curiosity, what are most players/DMs attitude toward players joining a campaign midway through? Are most people pretty open to that idea, or is the general consensus that late joins aren't welcomed?
The nature of PBP involves a certain transience. Players flake, GMs, too, sometimes. Games that don't replace players slowly die.
Apr 5, 2019 5:02 am
Welcome!
Apr 5, 2019 4:25 pm
JabBurrwalky says:
https://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/023/987/overcome.jpg
Apr 5, 2019 5:03 pm
With player attrition, it's actually pretty rare for a PbP game to finish with the same cast of characters it started with 3 years or so prior.
Apr 5, 2019 6:21 pm
That's good to know. I won't let an old start date discourage me from applying then.

LOL, 10 meme points to Kalajel.
Apr 5, 2019 6:49 pm
Greetings Jab! May all your rolls be natural 20s

You do not have permission to post in this thread.