new to play by post.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 11, 2019 1:56 am
Hey guys,

I want to GM for my first time. The game, Atomic Highway. The only thing i'm wondering about is character sheets. Do i leave it up to the players is there a way to add them to the site? will i have to link them to my players? how does this all work??? Any insight and advice is helpful. Btw, names Chris. Please help, play by post sounds like what my busy like needs to itch the rpg bug.
Apr 11, 2019 2:16 am
Hi Chris. There is a Custom character sheet on the site that is just a big text box. Works for most games. Players fill out the stuff and submit it to your game, you accept it and voila!
Apr 11, 2019 2:30 am
Hello and welcome!

Atomic Highway you say. I'll start a campaign of that in my RL gaming group once we're done with our Dungeonslayers campaign. This is a definitely game I'd like to join. I have found an unpublished supplement dealing with cybernetics somewhere on the webs...
Apr 11, 2019 2:36 am
Qralloq says:
Hi Chris. There is a Custom character sheet on the site that is just a big text box. Works for most games. Players fill out the stuff and submit it to your game, you accept it and voila!
where is it stored? would an image work as well?
Apr 11, 2019 2:45 am
Click characters at the top, then you can create one. Choose a name and select Custom from the drop down box.

Linking images as character sheets would not be straight forward.

Check out the new player guide. Might answer some questions quickly.
Last edited April 11, 2019 2:46 am
Apr 11, 2019 2:59 am
Qralloq says:
Click characters at the top, then you can create one. Choose a name and select Custom from the drop down box.

Linking images as character sheets would not be straight forward.

Check out the new player guide. Might answer some questions quickly.
I dont see if im able to make a template that the players of the game can use. or is that in the game creation box? thats the template?
Apr 11, 2019 3:19 am
There aren't any user creatable templates. Best you can do is create raw text and share it so the players can copy and paste that into a Custom character sheet
Apr 11, 2019 3:25 am
thats what im doing now
Apr 11, 2019 3:31 am
Downloaded the pdf. Looks like a pretty simple system. Love the setting.
Apr 11, 2019 3:37 am
ya i got the book it has it in there. converting it to simple text now.
Apr 11, 2019 2:23 pm
Welcome Spaggo! Happy to see more GM's. Get your character sheets figured out and I know you wont have a shortage of players.
Apr 11, 2019 2:24 pm
Qralloq says:
There aren't any user creatable templates. Best you can do is create raw text and share it so the players can copy and paste that into a Custom character sheet
This is what I did for my Urban Shadows game.
Apr 11, 2019 2:26 pm
Spaggo says:
ya i got the book it has it in there. converting it to simple text now.
No need to convert the whole thing into text, that's a lot of work man... Just put the download link into your game's description or forum. the game is free after all...

Len

Apr 11, 2019 6:07 pm
Welcome Spaggo! Best of luck on your Atomic Highway game. If you have questions, the official GP discord server is a great place to talk with other GPers in real time: https://discord.gg/TZrGY7T
Apr 11, 2019 6:47 pm
Greetings and salutations!
Apr 13, 2019 11:57 am
Welcome to the community, Spaggo! Happy gaming! :-)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.