FFG Star Wars

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 18, 2015 9:04 pm
So far, I've been enjoying our romp through FaD's beginner game adventure. It's been a useful way for us to learn the mechanics of the game over time, and it's been a nice introduction into PbP for me. One of the things I've particularly liked is that PbP gives me time to refresh my memory on rules or provide a little more creative flourish from time to time, precisely because I have time. I can be a more relaxed story teller -- I suspect I'll get better with practice.

Anyway, I was thinking that when it wrapped up, I'd be tempted to maybe fire off a FaD campaign starting off with a couple of the intro adventures to get our feet wet.. and I was debating having an EotE campaign start at the same time -- obvious both with their different focii, and occasionally having the campaigns cross one another (I could just as easily do AoR for that matter). Alternatively, I could try and source players from across the CRBs and build a collective adventure of a truly motley crew. :)

Any thoughts or suggestions? One potential concern is that if I had two separate games of EotE and FaD that the player base might overlap quite a bit, making it weird to do a cross-over, but .. still. It could be fun. :) This is something that you don't get to do in a traditional PnP format.
Oct 19, 2015 6:18 am
Tough to project so far in the future, but I'm enjoying it enough to want to continue in SW with you. But I would be happy to be in one game, not all three. Not just because we might do cross-overs between games, but because more people should get to play.
Oct 19, 2015 4:50 pm
Hey i was wondering how you guy do the trained skill that you change to yellow? I am currently making a guy and have 4 brawn and want to make it 1 yellow 3 green.

How do you show that?
Oct 19, 2015 5:10 pm
The way dice work in FFG star wars is you take the skill and the attribute associated with the skill and whichever is the bigger # becomes the base die pool with green dice. The lower # becomes your upgrade dice from green to yellow.

E.g. Brawn = 4, Athletics = 1

1 yellow and 3 green dice (start with four green dice and turn one into a yellow).

E.g. Brawn 2 and Athletics 3

2 yellow and 1 green dice.

make sense?

Here, there's no way to demonstrate that. The character sheet has skill rank (a #) rather than your dice pool per skill, like the beginner's game sheets.
Last edited October 19, 2015 5:11 pm
Oct 19, 2015 5:20 pm
Yeah i am so use to my borther making it for me and i have a sheet in front of me so i never understood it well.
Last edited October 19, 2015 5:25 pm
Oct 19, 2015 6:12 pm
Yeah if you do another campaign i will be ready to play now. Also i think my brother will join tonight to this site would like to play also.
Oct 19, 2015 7:41 pm
I would like to play in a game if you run one.
Oct 19, 2015 9:02 pm
Cool -- do you all think a mixed setting of EOTE/FAD or AOR/FAD would be better -- or does the idea of keeping them separate appeal?
Oct 19, 2015 9:23 pm
I never did anything but eote so I wouldn't know what the differences would be. I have the pdfs but never read them all... Or much. :-)
Oct 19, 2015 10:31 pm
I like the idea of mixing them, even if they start separate.
Oct 20, 2015 1:39 pm
My preference would be something with aor because that's what I've gotten to play least.
Oct 20, 2015 2:32 pm
I will play all 3 stages...

And i just got my tickets for the 18th! Imax 3d.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.