Hi, i'm the new guy

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 11, 2019 9:50 pm
Hey folks,

First off I'd like to say I'm glad I found this place. I randomly searched for good play by post sites and GP comes quite highly recommended. Though I'm new to this site I have used others in the past, quite a while ago now and I've been craving some roleplay recently.

I've been roleplaying around a table for many years and have had the opportunity to play around with a lot of systems. D&D (all editions except 5th), Pathfinder (both 1st and the 2nd edition playtest), Shadowrun 4th edition, 7th Sea (1st edition), Marvel (Both the system listed in the systems page and Marvel Saga, the card based one), One Ring, Petty much all WoD stuff ever made and some Savage Worlds to name a few from the list on the site here. There are many others as well but we'd be here a while if I were to create a complete list, :)

I'm looking to get involved in playing a game or two and running something as well. I'm still working through the forums on GP to see how things work and how recruitment / advertising for games and stuff works but I expect to get caught up pretty quickly and hopefully I'll learn enough to be able to put something together in a few days.
Apr 11, 2019 9:53 pm
Welcome, Bellerophon. There is a new player guide under General, well, here, that should answer a bunch of obvious questions.
Apr 11, 2019 9:56 pm
Very much appreciated Qralloq. The New Member Guide was among the first pages I visited upon signing up and and it definitely gave me a head start on picking things up.
Last edited April 11, 2019 9:57 pm
Apr 11, 2019 10:17 pm
Welcome, I am fairly new here myself and people have been great at helping me out both as a player and a GM.
Apr 11, 2019 10:37 pm
Thanks for the warm welcome folks. Glad to be here.
Apr 11, 2019 11:14 pm
Welcome from probably the third next newest guy. It’s definitely a site full of good folks and good play.
Apr 11, 2019 11:20 pm
Welcome! Stay a while and listen.....
Apr 12, 2019 4:30 am
Welcome Bellerophon! I'm actually a bit surprised to hear GP has a reputation, but glad to hear it's good! If you find you have questions you need answers to or end up answering yourself, do let me know so we can update the New Member Guide.
Apr 12, 2019 6:29 am
Hello and welcome.
Apr 12, 2019 5:31 pm
I did have some questions but the starter guide did cover most of them. The Custom sheet option is a nice touch and covers bases until more sheets get added. All in all it provides enough information to get started.

I found the site through Reddit I think and a few members mentioned it in a positive light. And given how welcoming people have been so far I'm pretty confident in saying that it lives up to that.

I do have a question regarding the cards in the tools section of the site but it is perhaps better for a different thread. Is it possible to upload a deck with custom faces for use in a game? I gather the answer is probably no but I'll ask anyway. There is a Marvel system that uses it and is probably my most successful game (Marvel that is, not specifically the Saga system) so I was hoping to get something Marvel related off the ground.

Also, in regards to the Marvel Universe stone based system listed on the site, how have GM's of that system handled the bid and reveal nature of the game in a play by post format? I can see it being quite challenging to resolve actions in a timely manner.
Last edited April 12, 2019 5:31 pm
Apr 13, 2019 11:56 am
Welcome to the community, Bellerophon! Happy gaming! :-)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.