OOC discusion thread

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 17, 2019 10:22 am
This will be where we can talk and ask questions out character.
Apr 22, 2019 8:31 am
I'll be putting here the Issues the party will face in the game:

- The Ultimate Take Over by the Outsiders(Impending Issue, it is not presently solvable)
- The Suspicion of the Preservator (Current Issue, it is a mission that the party will receive.)
Apr 22, 2019 8:38 am
Characters:
- Jamoras Deniver, the Head Duty Distributer
- Saromia, the female UWP spy
- Gorovon, the male UWP spy
- Morvin, Duty Distributer
- Nodume, Co pilot of Diameter ship
- Yond, Medical Officer
- Elexa, Ship Technician
- Scepio Valik, Founder and Lead Scientist of Tanks For Life

Factions/organisations: (that the party is disclosed with)
- United Worlds Project
- Brass Club
- Green Window
- Galactic Orb(Sub-division of UWP)
- Galaxial Initiative(Previous name of UWP)
Apr 30, 2019 7:02 am
BTW, sorry that I am sharing this now, but my game will contain all kinds of themes. Is that ok?
Apr 30, 2019 11:50 am
I wish you had brought it up up front, but I'm generally ok.

Here are some themes I would not be comfortable with:

- sexist/homophobic/transphobic ideas presented positively
- any real world religion presented as the one true religion
- realistic violence/torture/sexual violence, especially involving children

Themes I would like to see:
- The nature of humanity. Itari, being detached from humanity, but created by and given many of the values them, might struggle to know who/what he is. Think Data from star trek

For the record, technically Itari is either genderless or gender fluid, depending on your definition. He has no sex, he doesn't feel any intrinsic male or femaleness, and he changes presentations to suit the circumstances or his mood, as easily as a human changes cloths
May 1, 2019 2:39 am
I see. That's understandable. I'll keep this in mind.
May 8, 2019 4:10 pm
Hello, Platyclysm! Thank you for coming in! Though we're still in the middle of a mission/scenario, you could take a look through the threads and create a character before I figure how to place you in.
May 10, 2019 7:30 am
BTW, DocR, are you still joining us? If not, then I may consider to remove you.
Jul 8, 2019 1:28 am
Hey RoAries,

It's nothing personal but I'm not finding the time to get on gamersplane lately, so I'm going to drop this game. Thanks for your time and effort so far and good luck
Jul 8, 2019 2:11 am
Hey roaries

I'm new to fate core could you help me make my character

Thanks
Jul 8, 2019 11:40 am
Naelick: OK, I understand. Thanks for joining.

Steef99: I'll try to help, though appologies if I may respond slow nowadays.
Jul 8, 2019 12:11 pm
well i applied a character today is it good ?
Jul 8, 2019 1:26 pm
Hmm, it's OK. Just got to make a few changes like the skills using from the one I posted, and a reason how he ended up being recruited by an intergalactic organisation. Perhaps he somehow stumbled upon a secret recruiting convention and got hired as a mercenary?
Jul 8, 2019 1:28 pm
ok wait for me to edit it
Jul 8, 2019 1:32 pm
I did a bit of edit. You can continue on the rest.
Jul 8, 2019 1:33 pm
how is it right now ?
Jul 8, 2019 7:39 pm
I'm having trouble with stunts for my character. I don't have much experience with Fate Core either so my understanding of the meanings are rather light. My character makes weapons from spare parts of all sorts of different things. Since we're talking science fiction how far out can I get? My imagination seems to have taken an extended vacation.
Last edited July 9, 2019 2:49 am
Jul 9, 2019 3:18 am
Steef99: You may prefer to start with 1 trouble aspect, and and I think that the "wanted by government" is a given as he is an assassin.

Aldrusian: You can put something like "Weapons Engineer" where you can get +2 to Machine roll when you have access to parts to create the weapon you want.
Jul 9, 2019 3:37 am
I think it's better to stick to the char creation thread for talking about char creation.
Jul 13, 2019 3:44 pm
BTW, sorry for the silence. Maybe I should help with editing your sheets, unless you have a better preference.
Jul 15, 2019 3:18 pm
Hi All, I am late to the party. I will try and catch up ASAP on all the posts and starting my character. Fate is new to me also.
I am with Naelick on theme.
Jul 15, 2019 3:23 pm
Hello Windyridge! We're still on character creation, but with a third player, I believe I could start soon enough even if not all details are filled in.

OK, so you're also going to be playing an AI as well? Sure.
Jul 15, 2019 3:29 pm
I will play whatever you need.
Jul 15, 2019 3:33 pm
There is no exact thing I need. Though so far we have a sniper assassin and a weapons engineer, so maybe something akin to a social/diplomatic type might fill out the roles.
Jul 15, 2019 3:42 pm
Sounds good.
Jul 17, 2019 4:19 am
Here's the backstory: It is 1 or 2 years after the previous game. You guys are the new recruits of the United Worlds' Project(UWP) and have gone on a few missions to check that your loyalty and performance is up to par. Finally, it has been decided that an important mission will be issued to the party. What you know is that it is a diplomatic mission, but further information will be given on the way to the destination as the Duty Distributers do not trust sharing it onboard the base ship.
Jul 20, 2019 4:34 pm
Aldrusian, are you still joining in?
Jul 26, 2019 7:46 am
I'm was thinking of removing Aldrusian for his lack of response, but I figured I'll just let him remain and open up one more slot.
Jul 26, 2019 7:41 pm
I won't be online for the next few days because medical issues sorry
Jul 27, 2019 9:36 am
I see. Atleast you let me know about it. I'll begin the main scene once you come back.
Jul 28, 2019 7:10 am
im back Roaries
Jul 28, 2019 11:48 am
Oh nice. Idk if Aldrusian is gone for good or temporarily busy, but I'll give you the offer of either taking over his character or make a new one.
Jul 28, 2019 12:18 pm
do you need me to make a new character?
Jul 28, 2019 12:31 pm
or you want to control aldrusian charachter?
Jul 28, 2019 3:51 pm
OK, make a new character. I'll have it that your character replaces Aldrusian's character in the party.
Jul 28, 2019 4:02 pm
i will try but i may need help with making it ok
Jul 28, 2019 4:21 pm
made a new character and i can't upload it
Jul 29, 2019 3:29 pm
I think you might have chose the wrong format of the sheet to be unable to submit it. I'm using fate core.
Jul 29, 2019 4:26 pm
Have you turned on the book icon for that character? The one that can be found in the Characters list.
Jul 29, 2019 4:29 pm
you mean Erjor ?
Jul 29, 2019 4:50 pm
Oh, I'm very sorry. I was thinking I was talking to the new player. In this case, just put aside your new character.

Yutiko, let me know how is your progress.
Aug 2, 2019 6:51 pm
Are there only 2 PC's now?
Aug 2, 2019 7:09 pm
Doesn't seem like enough.
Aug 3, 2019 9:24 am
Yeah, I'm hoping for atleast 3, but idk if it's the way I'm doing things, or my luck that players don't seem to be staying around
Aug 3, 2019 9:32 am
i'm staying and hey we have my second character
Aug 3, 2019 9:38 am
Huh. Ok if you can handle it, then I'll let you control 2 characters. Now you can submit your new one.
Aug 3, 2019 9:47 am
steef99 sent a note to RoAries
Aug 16, 2019 9:04 am
Heya! Currently reading through everything that's been said up to now.
Luckily I'm working the late shift today, where I'll have lots of time for that.

I also have an idea for a character, if it fits the universe: is there advanced robotics/AI?
Aug 16, 2019 9:19 am
Oh yes there is. Currently the Organisation the party is working for is reimplementing the use of AI, after several centuries since certain incidents that had a little robot rebellion. The common public will still show distrust to AI.
Aug 16, 2019 9:22 am
Ok good to know! I also just read about ITARI, so that question answered itself at the same time as you answering it :3

What's the current party composition? Wouldn't want to play the third human space marine with a gun and power armor that grunts all the time :D
Aug 16, 2019 9:25 am
Currently there is a sniper assassin, another assassin partnering the first, a diplomat, and a weapons engineer.

The engineer is inactive, and the diplomat is starting to be less active too.
Aug 16, 2019 10:19 am
the two assassins are my characters lol
Aug 22, 2019 11:11 am
How are things going, Caesar?
Aug 23, 2019 5:43 am
Yeah Sorry for the delay, I was first thinking about playing a Sniper, when I didn't know about the 2 already existing assassins^^

Now I had to take some time to come up with a new idea, but I think I got one.
Gonna write it up now (At work, so between phone calls), hopefully I'll finish tomorrow~
Sep 6, 2019 2:48 pm
So... How are things now? I want to get a feel of who is still around, and what the feelings are about the session, because I can tell its almost or is dead again.
Sep 6, 2019 2:59 pm
im still in
Sep 6, 2019 4:06 pm
Sorry, been busy. I should probably learn how to play, shouldn't I?
Sep 7, 2019 12:39 am
Melanqolla: Yeah, though I'm not sure how much more will the game last.

I mean, the flow has already frozen.
Sep 21, 2019 5:41 pm
Unfortunately, the game looks to be properly dead. I'll try to use a better system next time. Throw me some suggestions so as to how to keep my game from dying like this. Anyways, maybe I'll see you in the next game I set up or join in.
Sep 22, 2019 4:10 pm
Dnd

cyberpunk

Feng shui

shadowrun
Feb 6, 2022 8:23 am
Link to discord

I know this place is dead, but I want to share my discord where I gather my universe stuff.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.