[Interest Check] Persona run with Cypher

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 18, 2019 1:54 am
Title kinda says it all :p

But yeah, as a big fan of the games, the idea of running something like them is a fun one. But, when it came to figuring out what system to use, that was a tough one. For example, there was one game that I got into, but the game never started after the player were picked, that used Pathfinder along with a special ruleset that limited how many time you leveled up(but still gained XP). The big thing about it is that you had to have the summoner class, otherwise, why bother applying, right?

But, after taking a look at the Cypher system, I feel it might be a better fit. Because when you look at it, using something like Pathfinder might be too crunchy to handle certain things. For example, plenty of attacks in the Persona games either use SP or Health as their costs to be used. If you started at level 1, that's a precious commodity. And even though there is the spell point house rule, that doesn't sound to be too great either, as you would need to recover more often. But since Cypher is more neutral, and already has rules in that take points away from various pools, that might just do it better.

Now, this again is simply an interest check to gauge how many people would be down for such a game. I merely have the loose idea of the beginning scene, and that is all. However, I would think to adapt it to emulate more of the original games pre-3, since that makes more sense, rather than keep adding onto an ever growing ensemble that would be difficult to manage.

I'm still going through the book, but please, let me know who's interested!
Apr 18, 2019 1:13 pm
I'm always up for a Cypher game but I've no idea about Persona (Yeah any of them) but if you're looking for someone who knows the system mechanics for a player let me know.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.