One Piece game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 19, 2019 10:20 am
Hi! I’m sorry, I havn’t been on GP for so long I completely forgot about the forums. I’m looking to start a One Piece game, using a d20 format. I’ve found a rulebook online I feel is good and would like to use it. Here is the link: https://code.google.com/archive/p/one-piece-d20/downloads

Please use the 2.0.1 ver! :)

I’m thinking of starting the crew off around the start of the series, or about Arlong park arc. The crew will not be part of the Strawhats, but all PCs will be apart of our own PC crew! The crew will be completely decided by the players, so the crew might end up being marines, not pirates if the crew wants that for eg. I’m letting this game be very very player driven, with the player choices affecting nearly everything they experience.
Eg having notouriousness as a pirate results in harder interactions with NPCs at peaceful villages for eg.

This thus leaves how the game goes relying on how players play the game! :)

I hope there will be people interested in this game! :) here is the link to it
https://gamersplane.com/games/1744/

P.S. as i am a new gm, if anyone wishes to be the gm for this game, I do not mind at all being a player :)
Apr 30, 2019 11:40 pm
Hello?
May 1, 2019 12:46 am
Hi Vorn369. It looks like your idea has few takers. Perhaps you could explain the "One Piece" bit? I'm not familiar with it. Is it an anime, perhaps?
May 1, 2019 1:25 am
Yup, it’s an anime XD. It’s a very popular anime about pirates, searching for the most precious treasure in the world, amassed by the previous pirate king, Gol. D. Roger, called One Piece. The show is about a man named Monkey D. Luffy, who is aiming to find the One Piece and be the world’s next pirate king. I really like this show and feel there is potential for rp as the show revolves around Luffy’s crew only, while alot of other things are free to be played about with through rp.
May 1, 2019 1:36 am
I was thinking letting players either set up their own pirate or marine(kinda like the "police") crew and sail about the world of one piece. The goal of the crew will be decided by the players as I will be leaving alot of decision making to them, for eg what kind of pirates do they want to be(pundering, protective etc), what types of actions do they do(eg join one of the 4 pirate emperor’s armys etc). As a marine, they can also decide if they wish to be a strict justice enforcer or a more relaxed marine, who only takes in pirates that are truly evil.

As a pirate, depending on your actions, your bounty can also increase, which might make it harder for you in a marine town for eg.

I was thinking of letting the rp be very open worldish, where the player’s actions decide how people interact with them etc.
May 2, 2019 9:38 am
Anyone interested?
May 2, 2019 10:06 am
I have seen a couple of One Piece episodes (not many) and it is an interesting setting (which I definitely don't know very well). Not having much free time at the moment, I'm basically passing all new games :(

The rules seem to suggest One Piece is more of a D&D setting than a system on its own.Is this the case? Because D&D seems to be the most famous system around here, so maybe if you can compare them or add the D&D tag to make it more visible :D
Last edited May 2, 2019 10:07 am
May 2, 2019 10:54 am
I c, thanks! I think it seems alot like d&d, but its abit diff. I’ll add that and c if ppl r more interested! :)
May 2, 2019 11:50 am
I hope it works :)
Also, for GMing, have a look here. Maybe someone more experience can help :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.