Anime Style Dungeon World

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 20, 2019 3:25 am
Hey everybody,

Now that I'm back in the swing of things pbp wise and up to speed on the pace of it all, I'm ready to start an additional something.

I want to run a fantasy / anime style game, drawing inspiration from Anime / Manga like DanMachi, Log Horizon, and Sword Art Online. The specifics of the setting and overarching plot I don't have fully formed quite yet but that's part of the fun in the system I have in mind, Powered by the Apocalypse - Dungeon World, as much of that forms at character creation.

What I can say for sure is that I'll be trying to capture the anime feel in the setting, in the tropes I utilise and in the plots that get generated. So with the understanding that it would be expected of players to adhere to those tropes for the sake of setting consistency and for the fun of it, who would be up for trying it out?
Apr 20, 2019 3:39 am
Have a join in our Dungeon World Discord chat group.
Apr 20, 2019 4:43 am
I think this sounds fun. I'd play.
Apr 20, 2019 5:32 am
I would so sign up for this! I have an idea for a fighter or an arcane duelist.
Apr 20, 2019 6:17 pm
I'm interested. Though I haven't played dungeon world before. I can use the dowloadable playbook, right?
Apr 21, 2019 8:27 pm
I'd also be interested in this, if you're alright with a semi-new player. I've played Apocalypse World before but never had the opportunity to play Dungeon World with my live group.
Apr 21, 2019 11:17 pm
Well there seems to be enough interest for it to happen. I'll be a little bit until I get it actually started but I will keep y'all in the loop.

And yeah, new players to the system will be fine so long as you have some access to the book.
Last edited April 21, 2019 11:18 pm
Apr 21, 2019 11:58 pm
I am also new to the system but have an idea for a whip fighter. I recently joined my first Dungeon World game here but that game has been unbearably slow to update.
Apr 27, 2019 1:08 pm
The more I look at dungeon world the more impressed I become and the more I wanna dive in and play.
Apr 27, 2019 4:22 pm
I want to play an immolator. Though I can also change to ranger if someone else really wants to play it.
May 2, 2019 10:57 am
I’m interested! :D can i join?
May 10, 2019 8:10 am
BTW, is the game still on? Because I can't find it.
May 10, 2019 6:07 pm
Would like to play. Have experience with dungeon world and have seen all the anime described.
Jun 8, 2019 8:16 am
Is this still happening? I'm tempted to run this myself, though being a newbie GM I'm positive I have nowhere the amount of experience that Bellerophon does.

I'd rather be Player than GM (as long as I can be assured the game won't fizzle out) but I'd run the game myself if I had to just to get my DW fix!
Last edited June 8, 2019 8:24 am
Jun 8, 2019 2:41 pm
I am still interested in learning Dungeon World, and interested in the proposed setting. Since I last posted here, the Dungeon World game I am part of has not had any updates so I am assuming that game is dead.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.