How to find the forums for a public game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 20, 2019 3:40 am
I would like to read some of the existing public PbP games.

If I use the "Games" link I can see a list of games and click on one to go to the games page for it. For example, https://gamersplane.com/games/1487/.

But from there, I don't know how to get to the forums corresponding to the game.

If I go to the "Forums" link, down at the bottom there is the Games Forums section with Games Tavern and the games I am running or I am in. There is a checkbox/slider to "Show public games" and it is checked/on. I don't know if maybe that is supposed to list all the public games, but right now it doesn't.

So my question is, how can I get to the forums for a public game?

Thanks!
Apr 20, 2019 5:14 am
Keleth is taking a look at why the link to public forums isn't showing up in the Game Details page.
Apr 20, 2019 5:37 am
I guess the workaround for now is to contact the GM of the public game you're interested in and request a link to their game's forum.
Apr 20, 2019 3:56 pm
Good to know. Thanks!

I've also had minor successes typing in random numbers for forums. :-)
Apr 20, 2019 3:59 pm
Anything in particular you're looking for? I'm in a few public games.
Apr 21, 2019 1:22 am
Yah, I'm really realizing how bad this code is; finding these bugs is hard. I'm tempted to shift all my focus to the redevelopment, to try to make it smoother :/
Apr 21, 2019 9:15 pm
Well, until the bug is fixed, if you want to read my Urban Shadows game, I made it public recently and you can find it here.
Apr 24, 2019 1:59 am
Thanks for the game links!

Keleth, no worries. It's not a game-stopper so don't worry about it. Focusing on your v2 sounds good. Thanks for this site and all the work you've put into it. I chose this site for two reasons (1) simple UX for new players and people not super familiar with complex bulletin board systems and (2) games can be private which is good since my group is just starting out and we don't want to be embarrassed at having other people see all our mistakes!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.