One More Interest Check...

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 23, 2019 12:23 am
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Super_Mario_RPG

Anyone who might be interested in running this game with me? I've been playing Thousand Year Door and it's gotten me in the mood for some Mario-themed rpg-ing.

And I'm only running two games so... why not a third? hahaha
Apr 23, 2019 2:22 am
I'll bite, as I'm keen on playing something different from the standard fare :3
Apr 23, 2019 2:31 am
Excellent! I added some extra choices here (though if there's something outside of this that interests you we can workshop it together) so I'll just post this here so I don't lose track of it.
Apr 23, 2019 3:07 am
Ooh, this looks interesting. I'd like to also join. Would the party be like heroes, or more like villains? Or perhaps, we'll see as it goes.
Last edited April 23, 2019 3:09 am
Apr 23, 2019 3:37 am
Definitely up to the party! The campaign I've been working on is more hero-oriented but it probably wouldn't take much tweaking to change that
Apr 23, 2019 12:52 pm
I want in this game so bad. Ill play a parakoopa and max my coolness for a pair of shades lol the 1000 year door was the best.
Apr 24, 2019 3:32 am
I've got a couple ideas for characters, but I'd like to know a little more about the campaign itself before I set something in stone.

Any chance you could sprinkle some of those tidbits our way? :3
Apr 24, 2019 5:08 am
if it's up to me, the campaign will ultimately span the setting and conflict of every major Mario RPG and platformer, obviously deviated for a more original story

but I'm most interested in hearing what the party thinks
Last edited April 24, 2019 5:08 am
Apr 26, 2019 7:06 am
I'm thinking about playing a shaman who is feeling bored living with his clan and decides to go on a adventure. He will be a Chaotic Neutral if he were on an alignment chart. So the party could be good or bad guys.
Last edited April 26, 2019 7:12 am
Apr 26, 2019 7:14 pm
Shamans are cool as hell, I wholeheartedly approve
Apr 27, 2019 2:55 am
I've still been debating between a few concepts, then had a peculiar idea enter my head that I'm sure I'll regret:

Is there any chance I could just roll my stats at random and build a character from that, or would you prefer something more structured before dice hit the table? :p
Apr 27, 2019 3:06 am
I want you to do exactly as you like, whatever would be the most fun for you! haha
Apr 28, 2019 12:15 am
Since I can't roll here in the thread, I'll just go ahead and plug away a background for the character I think I've finally settled on (if only because someone else mentioned being an awesome Koopa with shades :p).
[ +- ] Prince Mocha of the Latte Kingdom, Whip-Wielding Adventurous Heir
Apr 28, 2019 1:25 am
This is awesome! I'm so excited now haha
Is Mocha a Toad or a Human or...?
Apr 28, 2019 2:10 am
I haven't decided, honestly. Human would probably make more sense canonically since it seems most royal-ish characters are human, but I could honestly go either way as Human, Toad, or some sort of off-shoot of Koopa. Maybe even a Squeek! I figured I'd ponder it more once folks have posited some other suggestions just for diversity :p
Apr 28, 2019 2:28 am
I think any of those sounds great, though Squeek excites me the most haha
Apr 29, 2019 2:48 am
I sent you all an invite to the game so feel free to join and we can discuss a little bit more in the way of specifics there

You do not have permission to post in this thread.