NUMENERA Character Sheet

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 29, 2014 1:02 am
My Nano has two Esoteries to start with. I have the first entered, and the notes entered with it. I have the name of the second Esotery saved, but when I type the notes section and hit save, I get the following error:

http://i.imgur.com/qXscQXk.jpg
Oct 29, 2014 1:06 am
Sorry, didn't get the whole list of errors screen capped the first time. Here is the full error message

http://i.imgur.com/IGznymz.jpg
Oct 29, 2014 2:30 am
I had issues with my character's name when I was working on the sheet. I had to remove any accented characters from anything that I had typed to avoid getting that error. What was weird is that it would accept the name and some of the data, but as I entered other fields the save would throw the same error. Any accented/odd characters in your sheet anyplace?

-Szem
Last edited October 29, 2014 2:30 am
Oct 29, 2014 12:53 pm
It only would throw the error when I was trying to save the sheet after entering notes for the second Esotery. No special characters other than parenthesis.
Oct 29, 2014 3:40 pm
Hm... it shouldn't care about accented characters; everything should be good with UTF-8. The non-standard English characters is another bug altogether I'll have to explore. I'll look into the notes ASAP.
Oct 29, 2014 4:47 pm
So I've been unable to replicate the bug. If I understand correctly, you managed to save the character sheet as is, but when you try to save notes under "Special abilities", it throws you that error? Can you copy/paste the notes here?
Oct 29, 2014 5:01 pm
I can't replicate it now, must have been something about the specific text I had the first time. I retyped it and it saved properly.
Oct 29, 2014 5:03 pm
I'm sorry you ran into the problem. I'll keep looking to see what could have gone wrong. And szemely, if you have more precise examples of the issue you can into, please start up a thread and let me know so I can look into it!
Oct 29, 2014 5:08 pm
It's cool, every site has bugs that need worked out, especially when rolling out new features like supporting a whole new system! Hope I'm helping out with the bug reports.
Oct 29, 2014 5:30 pm
Definitely! And I'm really glad we're getting more activity on the forums; I'm really excited to get Gamers' Plane growing, thanks to awesome players and GMs like you!
Oct 30, 2014 2:21 am
Mine would not work properly when I had "Kleas Huszár" entered into the name field. Once I replaced the "á" with an "a" things worked fine. Now I could save parts of the sheet with the initial name in the field, but once I started adding abilities and skills things went a little wonky.

I just tried entering "Kleas Huszár" into the field of a new Numenera character and hit save. That appears to be causing the issue every time now. The new character sheet is call "NewKleas" (Ha!) and still exists if that will help ya with anything.
Last edited October 30, 2014 2:23 am
Oct 30, 2014 4:32 pm
Interesting. I thought I tested with accented characters; I'll try again.
Dec 22, 2014 3:58 pm
The sheet looks awesome. However, Cyphers don't seem to save. After I save the sheet, it still simply says "This character currently has no cyphers." I tried with and without Notes.
Dec 22, 2014 5:02 pm
Hm... I didn't have an issue adding Cypers. Can you tell me what specific cypher names you entered?
Dec 22, 2014 5:52 pm
Instant Shelter
Personal Environment Field
Dec 23, 2014 1:34 pm
It would appear that adding notes to the cypher is what makes it not show. I added a description of the cypher under notes and no cyphers are showing. Also I was thinking a section, similar to the cypher section, for artifacts would be nice. The possessions list would also be better if you could include line breaks in it so it doesn't all just bunch up only a few lines.

I want my possessions to look like this:

Sword
Shield
Armor
Clothes
Etc

Rather than:

Sword Shield Armor Clothes Etc
Dec 23, 2014 5:26 pm
It compiling like that is a bug Azzorak, I'll fix that.
Dec 26, 2014 5:12 am
The cyphers should be fixed now.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.