Extremely new

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 28, 2019 10:38 pm
I'm new to roleplaying in general. I'm looking to get into table top but I don't know of anyone else in the town I'm in whos into it. Anyone willing to teach an all out newb?
Apr 28, 2019 10:40 pm
Welcome, there are plenty of people willing to teach. Keep tabs on the tavern when games are posted let them know you are interested and new and most will help you out.
Apr 28, 2019 10:41 pm
Hello and welcome!
Apr 28, 2019 10:44 pm
Welcome!
Apr 28, 2019 10:48 pm
Welcome! Not much more I can think of to add to what Viking said - just look for games that interest you and ask for help!
Apr 28, 2019 11:43 pm
Welcome! If you want to learn to play D&D, where D&D shirts in public and look friendly (make eye contact), haha. Seriously though, there are a bunch of games going up all the time where new players are welcome.
Apr 29, 2019 12:20 am
D&D is a good place to start. Fairly easy system to learn the basics, and tons of people willing to teach. Otherwise Pathfinder has a pretty big following too, but really, pick a game that sounds like an interesting story with a DM willing to help you learn/be patient with mistakes (most will, we like to grow the hobby) and then learn the system for that game.

Welcome aboard! BTW, my personal favorite systems are DnD 5e and the Fate Core system.
Apr 29, 2019 3:20 am
Welcome!
Apr 29, 2019 4:10 am
Hello! I found that many games here on GP are welcoming to first-timers. By the way, if any hobby shops or comic book stores sell D&D (or other RPGs) near you, they might run games on a regular basis. In my area, many of those are geared to new players.
Apr 29, 2019 2:07 pm
Greeting and salutations!

You could check the WotC website for any LGS that do Adventure League, or maybe go to a game store and see if you can run Adventure League, thats a good clean way to get into it. Vs. all the homebrew things that can get confusing at times.

Len

May 2, 2019 3:20 pm
Hi knyghtangel! Roleplaying games are awesome, I hope you find many great games to play here and other places!

If you're just getting started, it might be worthwhile to check out some tutorial videos. Like others, I suggest Dungeons and Dragons as the first game you learn how to play. There are lots of youtube video tutorials like these one to help you get started.

If you’re looking for specific information on how to use the forums, there are a number of guides that users have created over the years that might be helpful. Maybe start with this great guide for new members.

If you’re looking to chat with the Gamers Plane community in real time, we have a Discord server! This is a good place to ask questions if you don’t know where else to ask them.

Happy gaming!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.