FFG Star Wars F&D Game Interest?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 2, 2019 7:04 pm
Hey hey Gamersplaners!

As the thread title suggests I'm considering starting up a Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars RPG system campaign.

I already have a couple interested parties (JackJack, and runekydig, you're in), but would want two or three more to move forward with it...

It would be a Force & Destiny Careers-only game. There would be slightly tweaked chargen. My plan is for the story to focus heavily on the Morality of your PCs/the Conflict system. You would be welcome to play Light or Darkside, though I would ask that you not begin the game Darkside if that is where you'd like your PC to go. It'd begin with you all basically as prospective Padawan, pre-Order 66, and carry on through and after that (if you live ;D).

Probably wouldn't be observing much of the Canon outside of what is in the movies (I haven't watched much of Clone Wars and none of Rebels, infact I'm much much more familiar with Legends stuff via TOR novels and KOTOR and would draw more on that). So expect generous use of artistic license in the creation of an interesting and dramatic campaign.

Darth Vader will be there.

Will you?

Reply here with interest, and please be willing to commit to daily posting (weekends excepted). I may screen players some (experience with the Narrative Dice System preferred but not strictly required, so it's not necessarily first come first serve), but if we hit critical mass I'll create the game.
May 2, 2019 7:11 pm
I'm game if there's room. I'm in another FFG SW game here, but it's full of folks who don't really like the system, so it may be changing over to a different ruleset. It'd be nice to have your game to get my NDS fix. :)
May 2, 2019 7:30 pm
prospective Padawan = kids/younglings?
May 2, 2019 7:42 pm
Meeee! I'd love to join, please. :)

I'm in the same game as SavageBob is in, and I actually am starting to get quite charmed by the system. I'd love to do it properly now with a bit of experience. I'm active enough to post daily, and more for dialogue / social interaction.
Last edited May 2, 2019 7:43 pm
May 2, 2019 7:50 pm
wow... I just went into my Starwars dokuments. I played Edge of Empire when it came out as beta and after as well. Last time I played starwars was betweeen 2013 and 2015
May 2, 2019 7:56 pm
runekyndig says:
prospective Padawan = kids/younglings?
Only if you wish.

Basically just saying that, due to the pressures of the Clone Wars, the Jedi (or maybe even just one particular Master? in one particular theater of the War? haven't really put that fine of a point on the concept yet...) are going a bit outside the bounds of their normal procedures, and taking on learners of all age levels and stripes (don't want to limit everyone to "Jedi Youngling" character concepts).

So, you could be a "legit" Youngling training to be a Jedi, or just some Force Sensitive schmuck that got roped in by the Jedi to get trained to be a "Force Soldier" for a paycheck, or somewhere in between.
May 2, 2019 10:23 pm
Me! I’m interested! :)
May 2, 2019 11:21 pm
I am still very much wanting to be apart of this. I saw you already included my name sorry, but out of interest, if we are padwan's are our masters chosen for us or would we be writing it in our backstory?
Last edited May 2, 2019 11:22 pm
May 3, 2019 2:47 am
Count me interested. One of my favorite online games was star wars. Haven't played in a long time but if it's the same system I'd enjoy it.
May 3, 2019 2:53 am
JackJack says:
... if we are padwan's are our masters chosen for us or would we be writing it in our backstory?
You're not really exactly Padawan, but to answer your question; your Master will be chosen already.
May 3, 2019 1:10 pm
Hey all, so I think we're gonna be full up. Invites and Approvals are out.

Appreciate the interest.

Anyone who didn't get in, I'd encourage you to hang around, and or still apply to the game. PbP tends to have turn over, so...
May 6, 2019 10:29 pm
Please keep me in mind if spots open up. Thanks!
May 28, 2019 7:21 am
Hey I am new to FFG system but I really liked it on a podcast. If there is still room I'd love to join!
May 28, 2019 2:26 pm
I'd encourage you to Apply via the game page, and that way you'll be in line for if/when a spot opens up.
May 28, 2019 9:37 pm
emsquared says:
I'd encourage you to Apply via the game page, and that way you'll be in line for if/when a spot opens up.
Sorry very new to this site how exactly do i do that?
May 28, 2019 10:31 pm
My bad, I had to try the process myself to remember, and turns out you can't apply if the game is full.
Jun 7, 2019 11:21 pm
Let me know if something opens up. Been looking for a FFG game that lasts. I have the F&D book and am interested.
Jun 10, 2019 9:56 pm
Looking over the rules and looking for another game, currently playing a dnd game, to pickup.

No experience with this rule set except I have heard a podcast with live play on it.
Jun 21, 2019 7:56 am
My main experience with FFG is Force & Destiny. I have run it for my home group and would love to play it. The last time I got to play was when F&D Beta was released, lol! If you have the room, I would love to join. I have a good grasp on Star Wars lore and have been a fan since 1977 (yes, I actually saw A New Hope in the movie theater during its first release ;P).
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.