D&D5e World of Warcraft

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 4, 2019 2:21 pm
Hi friends!

WoW classic is around the corner in a manner of speaking and I've been getting pumped for it. To celebrate it I want to throw together a fun, short-lived set of events that predate the events of vanilla, and if we like each other well enough maybe we can even adventure in game with our characters on the RP server or whatever.

I intend to use this thread both as a recruitment (party of 5) and as a session zero for us to decide the type of story we want to play. My first idea is a generic happen stance of an alliance patrol meets horde scavengers and then fateful circumstances forces them to either work together or everyone dies. Either continent. Although if we only want to play one side or the other maybe we have a more political narrative, either tribal or high society.

What say you?
May 4, 2019 4:25 pm
Tis a touch interesting.
May 8, 2019 4:59 am
For sure would be interested. Know more WoW lore than any other setting. If this picks up interest feel free to let me know!
May 8, 2019 11:04 am
Are you familiar with the 5e conversion that's been worked on for a few years?
Here's their core book.
Here's their Google Drive folder.
They've got a Discord too.
You could say I'm interested.
May 8, 2019 2:17 pm
I am interested as well.
May 8, 2019 4:01 pm
Aye, I'd be up for this as well.
May 9, 2019 6:00 pm
Hey motley crew!

I'm a florist and our busiest day is this weekend. However, starting mid next week I'll throw up the game and a few starter ideas, etc., for a session zero. Everyone who has expressed interest will receive their invite.

Thanks, unique!! I'll give the corebook a lookover, that would be immensely valuable :D
May 10, 2019 12:45 pm
If you still have room I’d like to try this system. I’ve only played 5e so far but this should be somewhat similar.
May 10, 2019 3:24 pm
sadrielle says:
Thanks, unique!! I'll give the corebook a lookover, that would be immensely valuable :D
You are most welcome! I found their conversion to be much closer to a WoW feel than 5e - even if the mana system takes a close read to grasp, imo. A pre Vanilla game sounds great! I've always preferred post-Third War/Vanilla era for storytelling.
May 10, 2019 6:10 pm
Would like to play. Have experience with WoW and 5th ed.
May 11, 2019 7:56 am
Sounds like fun if there is still some space :)
May 13, 2019 5:30 pm
More than well versed in wow, experienced with 5e willing to join

You do not have permission to post in this thread.